Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical problem - DMP's responsibility

Medical problem - DMP's responsibility

Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:13 am
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of
Question Medical problem - DMP's responsibility

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been answered before, however after a search I can't find it!

If you or your family has a serious medical issue, which was discovered when the DMP test results came back - do they call you?? or do they send all the results to CHC and let them deal with it??

I'm presuming the DMP's have a 'duty of care' which would mean they have to call you (days / week after meds??)

Waiting for the med's is probably the worst part, thought I would be more chillled (was lucky BP was only 128/75 )

thanks
Old Jan 28th 2010, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical problem - DMP's responsibility

Originally Posted by Hammy1976
Hi all,

I'm sure this has been answered before, however after a search I can't find it!

If you or your family has a serious medical issue, which was discovered when the DMP test results came back - do they call you?? or do they send all the results to CHC and let them deal with it??

I'm presuming the DMP's have a 'duty of care' which would mean they have to call you (days / week after meds??)

Waiting for the med's is probably the worst part, thought I would be more chillled (was lucky BP was only 128/75 )

thanks
Hi Hammy

If there is something wrong with the bloods and xrays then the DMP would have to call and let you know etc.

We actually found out that my OH had Stage 3 Hypertension when we went for our meds and were literally told to drive straight to our GP as he could have had a heart attack at any time

So yeah I think that they are duty bound to let you know
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:02 am
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

We got a phone call within 24hrs to say OH needed extra blood work
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:05 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally agree with BB, if anything was serious they would let you know, if it is a medical non life threatening problem that could incur a cost for Canada then CIC would ask for more tests or info.

We had further medical request for myself and my daughter for TB testing and repeat X rays, we had to go back to the original DMP who stressed that it was nothing to worry about, and said that if she had discovered anything she would have let us know immediately.

There have been quite a few on the here who have had things diagnosed at medical stage, don't worry.....
Old Jan 28th 2010, 2:07 am
passport photo

Hammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud ofHammy1976 has much to be proud of

thanks for the responses, that's what I was hoping - presume the same would be said for extra urine samples?

I just phoned the Glasgow medical practice and they said "nah, we just fire them down to London and they deal with it" I'm hoping the doctor has slightly more respect for his patients that the receptionist!!
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

As iv mentioned in another post the receptionists are a bunch uneducated bimbo's who dont know anything...when i was phoning around for the cheapest price, each receptionist gave me different answers and i just got fed up and took extra money, extra photos the lot and few different forms.. The doctor was good and knew what he was talking about, they have a duty to call you immediately if they find a problem with anything, even if it means you going to your local GP....If you have not had a phonecall within a few days then you should be ok but keep in mind that CIC medical people get the final say and can ask for additional tests even if the DMP does not agree with them....hope this helps.

MR79
Old Jan 28th 2010, 6:13 am
passport photo

Originally Posted by MR79
As iv mentioned in another post the receptionists are a bunch uneducated bimbo's who dont know anything...when i was phoning around for the cheapest price, each receptionist gave me different answers and i just got fed up and took extra money, extra photos the lot and few different forms.. The doctor was good and knew what he was talking about, they have a duty to call you immediately if they find a problem with anything, even if it means you going to your local GP....If you have not had a phonecall within a few days then you should be ok but keep in mind that CIC medical people get the final say and can ask for additional tests even if the DMP does not agree with them....hope this helps.

MR79
a big help, thanks - made me smile too