Medical photos in UK

Old Feb 14th 2012, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough
Default Medical photos in UK

Good morning,

We are starting the process of sponsoring my wife and children here in the Uk. We have their medicals booked for the end of this month and a lovely 150 mile drive to the nearest clinic!

Some confusion as the receptionist said we only need to bring British passport size photos, however I am surprised at this as when I became a permanent resident in Canada many years ago my medical require Canada-size photos.

Can someone enlighten me on this?

Also how many photos do we need to take?

My wife and two children are applying, plus my wife needs an xray which also require photos.

Thank you.

Ps. In fact including the medicals, application etc how many photos will we need in total so we can place the order with the photographer? Wife has already got her police check back.
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:34 pm
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical photos in UK

HI Britbob. If I remember correctly I needed 5 photobooth (passport) size photos for The X-ray and medical. Think I came home with one left. You will need 8 more of a different size for the actual application see here..http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
Old Feb 14th 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

BritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the roughBritBob is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by martyjay
HI Britbob. If I remember correctly I needed 5 photobooth (passport) size photos for The X-ray and medical. Think I came home with one left. You will need 8 more of a different size for the actual application see here..http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3901e.pdf
Thanks for the info. I notice you're in Devon, did you visit the Tavistock clinic for your medicals?
Old Feb 15th 2012, 7:42 am
Stress Junkie

martyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud ofmartyjay has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BritBob
Thanks for the info. I notice you're in Devon, did you visit the Tavistock clinic for your medicals?
Yep, It went really well, nice friendly people and the doctor makes you feel at ease. took no time at all really. I got my X-rays done at Barnstaple a week earlier, worked out slightly cheaper for me than taking a trip to plymouth.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 11:24 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritBob
Just to confirm - Tavistock are no longer on the list of DMP's.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 12:21 pm
Stress Junkie

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Just to confirm - Tavistock are no longer on the list of DMP's.
Blimey, I must have been one of the last people to have a medical there then.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:23 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martyjay
Blimey, I must have been one of the last people to have a medical there then.
They are not on the list anymore - though I would not put it past CIC for this to be an error and they have missed them off without realising!
Old Feb 15th 2012, 1:32 pm
Stress Junkie

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
They are not on the list anymore - though I would not put it past CIC for this to be an error and they have missed them off without realising!
Hopefully as Bristol is quite a trek if you live in Devon or Cornwall. The doctor I saw made no mention that they weren't going to be carrying it on either.
Old Feb 15th 2012, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

To my knowledge they still are, they told me so on the phone and sent the forms a few days ago. They have us booked in end of the month.

Yes, I see the list was updated today. Incredible if they are removed, our bad luck never ceases to amaze me. We're right down in bottom of Cornwall. Even Plymouth hospital has booked us in for x-rays.

Ps. JUst phoned Tavistock, they are still DMP.

Last edited by BritBob; Feb 15th 2012 at 2:58 pm.