Medical photos quantity!

Old Jul 22nd 2012, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

lilyandh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical photos quantity!

Hi I'm a British citizen and have my medical booked soon (within Canada) for an out of Canada spousal PR application. My question is will I need to take 8 photos along with me to the medical ( I have a feeling it's 4) and why do immigration require so many? Thanks!
Old Jul 22nd 2012, 11:39 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical photos quantity!

Originally Posted by lilyandh
Hi I'm a British citizen and have my medical booked soon (within Canada) for an out of Canada spousal PR application. My question is will I need to take 8 photos along with me to the medical ( I have a feeling it's 4) and why do immigration require so many? Thanks!
How many photos does it say to take in the checklist?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
How many photos does it say to take in the checklist?
At first I couldn't find it anywhere but I now see that it's 8. I do wonder why they require so many though?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 5:52 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Document checklist doesn't mention how many for the medical. I'm trying to remember how many I took with me, but I have a feeling it was between 6 - 8. I know it was quite a few, that's for sure.

You could call the office where you are having the medial and ask them, as they're on the panel for this they should know the requirements.

As for why so many, I think that it's because each test or document will need a photo, for example, the main form needs one, X-ray probably need one, and possibly bloodwork and other things need them. I'd guess it's so they can ensure the results of the tests are for the correct person.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 5:52 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

At first I couldn't find it anywhere but I now see that it's 8. I do wonder why they require so many though?
Where did you find it?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:05 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I just double checked the UK checklist and it doesn't actually say... My apologies for that! However I went back and checked the notes I made when we booked my husband's medical, here's what I'd written down:

download Appendix C form from website - bring in that form, passport, and 4 passport-sized photos (UK sized),
3 days notice to change or cancel (fee of £50)
Best bet is to call the office you're going to to clarify - they'll know 100%.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Taken from this link
•five recent pictures taken within six months preceding the date of the examination and, where applicable, a negative for yourself and your family members (see section on photos in the instructions on how to complete the Application for permanent residence).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ppendix-02.asp
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Taken from this link
•five recent pictures taken within six months preceding the date of the examination and, where applicable, a negative for yourself and your family members (see section on photos in the instructions on how to complete the Application for permanent residence).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...ppendix-02.asp
Just returned from the medical and the doctor needed 5 photos. If I hadn't enough he said he could of photocopied them but immigration do prefer the originals! I just need to find out how many I need for the application now.?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 6:25 pm
Concierge

Just returned from the medical and the doctor needed 5 photos. If I hadn't enough he said he could of photocopied them but immigration do prefer the originals! I just need to find out how many I need for the application now.?
8 for the application, that one is clearly written in the checklist.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

.c.s.o. is an unknown quantity at this point

I went for my medical in Kitchener last week and he needed 4 photos.
Old Jul 24th 2012, 5:02 am
Forum Regular

Shaun_and_Em is an unknown quantity at this point

I have also just been asked for 4, 8 seems abit extensive...
Old Jul 24th 2012, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute

I was told 5 when I booked my appointment. However when I went in the DMP only used 4, he double checked everything to make sure he hadnt missed any spaces for photos.
maybe it depends on the application, the office I went to didnt do too many outland applications, maybe the outland requires one less than the regular ones they do?
Old Jul 24th 2012, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
8 for the application, that one is clearly written in the checklist.
Yes I spotted that last night! thanks!