Medical - Partial eyesight

Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:22 am
Just Joined

ash200 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical - Partial eyesight

Another medical question My daughter has Amblyopia, which means due to late diagnosis of her 'crossed eyed' or misalignment of eyes she only has good sight in one eye. Is this likely to be show stopper once we aquaria a covering letter from an Opthalmic surgeon stating that her good eye would not be affected with this condition.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 7:22 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical - Partial eyesight

I wouldn't have thought so. She's capable of functioning normally in the world and she has nothing contagious. It's not something that will cost the Canadian health care system a lot of money so I really can't see an issue with it.

Everyone seems to assume you need to be a peak physical specimen to get into Canada when it just isn't true. You just can't be a threat to public health or a possible future economic drain on the health system.
Old Jul 23rd 2007, 6:46 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi ash200,

I have a 'Lazy' right eye which I can barely see out of (I can just about read the second row of the eye test chart) - It was mentioned on my medical, but it didn't cause any problems whatsoever.

Cheers
Alan
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:50 am
Just Joined

still waiting is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ash
my wife has had an opp for glucoma and my nineteen year old has a condition called bullseye macalophy (not sure on the spelling) both gave letters from there consultants. to the doctor carrying out the medicals stating that there conditions are static and do not require any more hospital visits or medication. we received our visas with out any delays.i hope this is of help to you.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

ash200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you to everyone who has replied to this thread, it is very re-assurring

Ash200