Medical Officer's Handbook

Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

Tarasishe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical Officer's Handbook

Anyone knows where I can find copy online?
Thanks
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:58 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Officer's Handbook

You obviously didn't look for it at the best source - CIC website. All is there and here is the link for lazy people:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf

Originally Posted by Tarasishe
Anyone knows where I can find copy online?
Thanks
Old Aug 10th 2006, 1:59 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andrew

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
You obviously didn't look for it at the best source - CIC website. All is there and here is the link for lazy people:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook.pdf

He might have been looking for the Medical OFFICERS Handbook, which is not available on line.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi Andrew

He might have been looking for the Medical OFFICERS Handbook, which is not available on line.
Andrew, Im not looking for DMP handbook, its quite useless at this point.

PMM, You are right, I am looking for the "Medical Officer's bible", on which they base their decisions. Do you think it might be available at the public library or lawschool library?
Thanks, T.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 3:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

PMM, You are right, I am looking for the "Medical Officer's bible", on which they base their decisions. Do you think it might be available at the public library or lawschool library?
Thanks, T.
Doubtful, I have never been able to find a copy, but it has to be out there somewhere.
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, T.
If you find one you might well be the most popular person in the Forum
Stuarty
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:10 am
Account Closed

BC Hopefuls is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this what you are looking for http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/...h/op/op15e.pdf

This is a link to the page that contains all the manuals for the immigration officers. http://www.cic.gc.ca/manuals-guides/.../op/index.html Follow the overseas processing link then there is a whole bunch of manuals there.

Hope that might help. It would be easier to help if you gave us a clue as to what you are looking for.......

HTH
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stuarty
If you find one you might well be the most popular person in the Forum
Stuarty
That is a very strong incentive

BC Hopefuls
The decisions about medical admissability are made by Medical Officers in Ottawa (for inland applications), and they have to follow the guidelines from "Medical Officer's Handbook". If you were to appeal the case in the court, Medical officer's defence would be based on that book.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 10:33 am
Account Closed

BC Hopefuls is an unknown quantity at this point

BC Hopefuls
The decisions about medical admissability are made by Medical Officers in Ottawa (for inland applications), and they have to follow the guidelines from "Medical Officer's Handbook". If you were to appeal the case in the court, Medical officer's defence would be based on that book.

OK, I see now, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

BC Hopefuls
The "Medical Officers Handbook" ought not to be a state secret (and probably isn't). Maybe it would be possible to request a copy under Freedom of Information legislation?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
The "Medical Officers Handbook" ought not to be a state secret (and probably isn't). Maybe it would be possible to request a copy under Freedom of Information legislation?
Good idea, but if normal timescales are anything to go by it would arrive in time for your Citizenship Tests
S
Old Aug 12th 2006, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

My search for the book does not seem to lead anywhere! :S

Anyway, maybe some of the experts here can advise:

During the immigration medical I was diagnosed with TB.
I am currently treated in the hospital, in Toronto, and hopefully might be discharged by the end of the month. I would no longer be considered infectious (I doubt I ever was; the whole hospitalization thing looks more like "better safe than sorry" kinda case.) The problem is that I would have to take drugs for the next 2 years. And none of the doctors can give me a clear answer to the question: am I inadmissible (M4-M6) for the entire duration of the treatment, even though I am no longer a danger to the public ? Or am I admissible with the survailance condition?
The common practice is to discharge patients who are proven to be non-infectious, and even though they are still in treatment, they can attend school/work etc. I understand this might be different for immigration.
Where can I get the correct information? I have received the request from Ottawa to have more tests done, but was unable to bring it to DMP, because I am in the hospital. So basically my case has not been assessed yet.

If I am inadmissible, I understand that my work/student visa requests would be denied. How do I stay in Canada for the duration of the treatment? What are my options?