Medical - North East England

Old Sep 8th 2009, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

JoanS is on a distinguished road
Default Medical - North East England

Has anyone seen the GP, hes the only one in Newcastle,for their medical, and if so how was he. Thanks.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medical - North East England

Originally Posted by JoanS
Has anyone seen the GP, hes the only one in Newcastle,for their medical, and if so how was he. Thanks.
A bit of a miserable bugger who does what he needs to do without a smile.

Part of the process you have to go through though, and there's no point travelling hundreds of miles to get a "jolly" GP.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

KS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really niceKS2008 is just really nice

There have been a number of negative comments about the DMP in Newcastle so when my request came through I decided not to take the chance and went to Leeds instead. They were excellent.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

Is he cheaper than leeds and manchester though?
Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi Joan.
We used the DMP in Newcastle as he was the closest to us.
Even that was a 200 mile round trip.
The good thing was we were able to get in right away, after getting med requests.
The surgery is in a good location as well, and means you don't need to trail into the centre of Newcastle.
We thought he was pleasant enough and helpful. Meds were short and sweet.
We did need to get xrays done at a different location, but that was no problem either.
Meds cost £230 each and xrays £50 each.
We did the meds and xrays 24/03/09 and he had posted them to London 28/03/09.
All in all a good professional service and well worthwhile.
So for Newcastle.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:14 pm
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

just visiting from the NZ forum! spotted this on my way there...

if you're in NE, how's about heading over the A69 or A66 to carlisle - Dr MacFadzean at Fusehill Medical Practice has been doing immigration meds for donkeys (i assume including Canada), and he's ace... he'll sort out the xrays etc at the hosp too if you need them (we did for NZ!)

sorry, can't remember prices, but he wasn't anymore expensive than others we found... give them a call for more info - v helpful!! sorry, can't remember the number - it's been a while!!

good luck
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

Only allowed if he is on the Canada official DMP list from the cic website......

MR79
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

hobbitess is on a distinguished road

Where abouts in Newcastle is he? Mind the way the Toon are performing he has a Right to be miserable
Old Sep 9th 2009, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Washington, the original one, for now. The future - who knows?
Wearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to beholdWearsider is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hobbitess
Where abouts in Newcastle is he? Mind the way the Toon are performing he has a Right to be miserable
West Denton, about 200 yards off the A1. X-Rays are done at a private clinic in Jesmond.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

JoanS is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by KS2008
There have been a number of negative comments about the DMP in Newcastle so when my request came through I decided not to take the chance and went to Leeds instead. They were excellent.
Can you point me in the direction of the negative posts please. What did your medical at Leeds involve please. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

Jimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really niceJimsan is just really nice

Hi all.
The Dr in Carlisle is not on CIC's list of DMPs.
Otherwise, we'd have used him and knocked 100 miles off the trip.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All
I have posted on another thread but just noticed this one so hope its ok to ask on here too
Wanted to ask people if they have used either of these for their medicals:
Collegiate Medical Centre or Altringham Medical Pratice . I've contacted both of these and the Leeds Student Medical Practice , I would prefer Leeds but they are fully booked until mid October plus are £50 per person more expenisive than Manchester.
Its looking like the Mary Adams at the Altringham Medical Pratice in Manchester.

Many thanks in advance
regards
Joinerboy