Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Information for those that need it..Please add

Wikiposts

Medical Information for those that need it..Please add

Old May 29th 2007, 6:14 am
I'll have a double double

dozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to alldozy_muppet03 is a name known to all
Default Medical Information for those that need it..Please add

Anybody up for sharing their medical experiences in way of cost and location to help others going through this process:

My DMP I sent my guys off to was in Cambridge, had about a 2month wait for the 114 Arbury Road Surgery, Cambridge and Xrays were done at the Nuffield Hospital:

Xrays were £70 for anyone over 14 and Medicals was 150 for princible applicant and £75 for each child of the princible applicant.

hope this helps

rgds,

John
Old Jun 5th 2007, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

shadowplay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Information for those that need it..Please add

I took the medical in November 2006 and waited 10 days for an appointment within the Merseyside area. Manchester tends to be busier interms of waiting lists so I guess I was lucky. The cost in total was £160 for the blood test and medical check plus an additional £65 for an x-ray at a private hospital. The X-ray was taken straight after the general check. The examination was just over one hour.

Once the examination has taken place, dependant on the information given, he may ask for additional information from your GP. This is not to catch you out, but rather stop any time being wasted when the file arrives in London. Once the dmp has any requested information, he awaits the blood lab results which can take upto 10 days. The results are then submitted by the DMP to London by courier. These results are not not known until a final decision has been made by the department. Hope this helps.