Medical Info

Old Mar 4th 2008, 7:07 pm
The /wortley`s

The Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant futureThe Wortley`s has a brilliant future
Default Medical Info

Hi, My family & I are going for our medicals on Thurs, I was just wondering what type of illnesses could effect our application. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis last 12 months ago, although I am well I have to take medication to prevent flare up of the disease. Does anyone know have any answers? Thanks
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:07 pm
Cochrane AB Bound!

us3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really niceus3andthedog is just really nice
Default Re: Medical Info

Dont know an answer, sorry.
But wanted to wish you luck for the meds.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

So long as it's not likely to cost more than about $5,000 a year for treatment or prevent you from working then it shouldn't be a problem. But you may well have to get additional tests done or provide information from your doctor to show that you'll be OK.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

GandA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Wortley`s
Hi, My family & I are going for our medicals on Thurs, I was just wondering what type of illnesses could effect our application. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis last 12 months ago, although I am well I have to take medication to prevent flare up of the disease. Does anyone know have any answers? Thanks
I've had a long standing illness, but have been fine for the last 10+ years. However, I still have an annual outpatient consultant appointment at the local hospital - I took the letters the consultant sent to my GP for the last two years stating I was well and continue to do well - to my medical in Nov 07, and although I was placed in the second catergory on the medical form, I have received my COPR. I guess, so long as you are managing well on medication and not going to be too much of a burden on their health care, and are able to work, it won't be too much of an issue for them.
Best luck.
GandA
Old Mar 7th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Journeyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of lightJourneyman Electrician is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Wortley`s
Provided you are not a danger to others or exceed the financial burden threshold you should'nt have a problem. (To determine if you will be a burden in excess of the average current resident populous a very simple formula has been used which is thus:- divide the annual cost of health care in Canada by the population).
Depends how you calculate but figure around $6k.