medical history... help!!

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy medical history... help!!

OK now I'm freaking out... and there was me just happily sitting waiting for the first update on our application.

I have realised there is something we didn't mention on the federal application - at this stage we have only sent a copy of the federal application to NS to process with the CI application. When my OH was 17 he contracted hepatitis C. Had to go home from uni, took weeks at home to recover, that's it. He was never told by doctors to get further check ups, he had no idea he could still carry it until I mentioned it a while back (poor medical treatment/advice there I think!). When we were filling out the forms I totally forgot about it, I remember it asking about previous 'serious illnesses' and my brain didn't connect at all.

But now I'm really panicking. Obviously we were not planning on hiding his medical history, and I was fully expecting him to talk about it at his medical. But I am worried there will be problems because we didn't put it on the form. I am also now really worrying that for some reason this will mean we're regected. I feel quite ill now.. has anyone else been through this? Should we inform NS now? Do I need to worry the whole thing is going to fall through?

Old Jun 23rd 2010, 10:24 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical history... help!!

Originally Posted by izzi81
OK now I'm freaking out... and there was me just happily sitting waiting for the first update on our application.

I have realised there is something we didn't mention on the federal application - at this stage we have only sent a copy of the federal application to NS to process with the CI application. When my OH was 17 he contracted hepatitis C. Had to go home from uni, took weeks at home to recover, that's it. He was never told by doctors to get further check ups, he had no idea he could still carry it until I mentioned it a while back (poor medical treatment/advice there I think!). When we were filling out the forms I totally forgot about it, I remember it asking about previous 'serious illnesses' and my brain didn't connect at all.

But now I'm really panicking. Obviously we were not planning on hiding his medical history, and I was fully expecting him to talk about it at his medical. But I am worried there will be problems because we didn't put it on the form. I am also now really worrying that for some reason this will mean we're regected. I feel quite ill now.. has anyone else been through this? Should we inform NS now? Do I need to worry the whole thing is going to fall through?

Hi Izzie,

Dont Panic, all I would look to do if I were you is re complete the form that has the question and send it to NS PNP with a covering note explaining that you ommited to put this on the original form and to please use this form instead of the orginal one with your application.

Send them an email with the form attached as a PDF if you can??? and advise that a paper copy is in the post to them and will arrive shortly.

Good luck, sure it will all be fine
Old Jun 24th 2010, 4:41 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medical history... help!!

thanks Nikki, you're probably right but this process is stressful enough! I'll do as you suggest and email them the form followed by a paper version. No doubt the medical will be more stressful but then that was always going to be the case...