Medical HELP!!

Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Snape is on a distinguished road
Default Medical HELP!!

Hi guys i rang up for my medical appointment today i cant get on untill Jan 5th 2005 i wanted to get my application off this side of christmas, how much would it delay my applications by if i sent all my forms and sent my medical when its done.

Any ideas guys
Thanks
Ian
Old Nov 15th 2004, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Virgosah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical HELP!!

Originally Posted by Snape
Hi guys i rang up for my medical appointment today i cant get on untill Jan 5th 2005 i wanted to get my application off this side of christmas, how much would it delay my applications by if i sent all my forms and sent my medical when its done.

Any ideas guys
Thanks
Ian
In my opinion - DO NOT send off all your other forms without your medical. Everything will just be returned to you. Can you not visit another designated medical practitioner? We went to one in Leeds and only had to wait 2 weeks for an appointment. Why don't you call around to all the DMPs close to you?
Old Nov 15th 2004, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Im in Birmingham, i didnt really want to have to travel far aournd to get one, maybe i might have to.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

Im in Birmingham, i didnt really want to have to travel far aournd to get one, maybe i might have to.

I think you might have to, I'm afraid. We didn't have to travel far - from York to Leeds, but if it means your application can be sent in before X-mas, then it's worth it.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:25 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

I only had to wait a couple of days for mine - in London. It might be worth getting a train down.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys thanks for all the replies, i managed to get a medical for the 3rd December in Oxford which isnt too far i think thats proberbly the best i can do, if i get all my forms sorted and in order then i can get it off first week which will be good then im all set and its just a case of waiting for an answer .
Also when i was talking to the woman she was asaking me to bring Section A i think its a medical history but im sure i read that section A is provided by the DMP when you complete the medical and they give you a copy to send with you application can anyone varify what needs to be taken with you to the medical apart from, appendix D and photos and passport.

Thanks
Ian
Old Nov 16th 2004, 11:42 am
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

The doctor will give you the second copy of form IMM1017. Make sure you don't lose it!

All I took with me were 5 photos (though they only wanted 4, as they didn't know what to do with the 5th one), £180 for the medical and x-rays and so on, and the Apendix D.

I think that section A is indeed the form asking about your medical history. I filled in mine when I was there waiting to seethe doctor. Perhaps they'll send you one in advance? Worth ringing to be sure before setting off for Oxford. It isn't the same form as the copy of the IMM1017 you need to enclose with your application.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys thanks for all the replies, i managed to get a medical for the 3rd December in Oxford which isnt too far i think thats proberbly the best i can do, if i get all my forms sorted and in order then i can get it off first week which will be good then im all set and its just a case of waiting for an answer .
Also when i was talking to the woman she was asaking me to bring Section A i think its a medical history but im sure i read that section A is provided by the DMP when you complete the medical and they give you a copy to send with you application can anyone varify what needs to be taken with you to the medical apart from, appendix D and photos and passport.

Thanks
Ian
We had the same problem - they told us to bring with us "Section A" and as much as I argued saying that THEY needed to provide that, and as a spouse, all my husband needed to fill out was Appendix D. After much confusion (and me actually calling CHC London) the doctor apologised and explained that they are given a script from CHC London as to what they need to say to people (but they forgot to mention that only some people will bring section A with them (skilled workers perhaps?) and that for others, it would be completed by the doctor and they only needed to bring Appendix D. So, we did exactly as Rhodes did.

Sorry - this message is a bit scattered - does it make sense??
Old Nov 16th 2004, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice

Hello, we also did our medical in Leeds, the Doctor told us the guy before us could not be examined cause he forgot his specs!
Overall we were surprised how thorough medical was, I would suggest you bring as much info as possible especially if any family members have ongoing medical conditions etc. And wear a nice clean pair of undies....Good luck.
Old Nov 16th 2004, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

majb is an unknown quantity at this point

Any ideas guys
Thanks
Ian

Hi Ian,

Would you mind sharing your timeline and the category you are applying under?

Thanks
majb