Medical - Heart Murmur

Old Apr 26th 2010, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all
Default Medical - Heart Murmur

Well, I had my medical in Altricham today.

Apparently I have perfect blood pressure, height & weight etc. fine, the doctor said I'm a 'very healthy 39 year old'.

BUT, when he listened to my chest he found a 'Grade 2 Ejection Systolic Murmur' :-(

I'm very healthy, I exercise regularly, don't smoke and hardly ever drink alcohol. But apparently my mother has had the same condition (with no adverse effect whatsoever) since she was first diagnosed aged 20.

The doctor said "there's no way this will stop you going to Canada" but as you can imagine this has me very worried (for a start - how would he know?!). I have to arrange an appointment with a Cardiologist and get the test results/recommendations sent back to Altrincham before they can send the whole lot back to CIC.

Has anyone else been through something similar? Also I suppose I'll have to contact CIC to explain that 60 days might not be enough.

<sigh>
Old Apr 26th 2010, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medical - Heart Murmur

The DMP located the same heart murmur in me, in March 2009. I know I cant stop you from worrying, but the DMP referred me to my GP. Who sent me for the test that CIC require. They were done within 4 weeks( what a long 4 weeks they were). All was fine, and my DMP sent them off, all they want to know is that your heart is not going to pack in before your become a canadian citizen. If you are like me and millions of others then you live perfectly ok with your heart murmur. Once your DMP sends off your paperwork to CIC it does take longer becuase the chief medical officer reviews you medical report. They are not always at CIC london so this can cause delays. My DMP rang the medical officer before sending them off, and I was please she told me as much as she could about the conversation. At least she prepared me for the delay in getting PR whilst others who I was in the line with on this forum had got theres quicker. During the summer also it appears that CIC are on minimum staff and the processing speed slows down. You should get all your things back in time for your deadline. Hope this helps
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Thanks, that's very reassuring

Shame about the delay but I guess c'est la vie.
Old Apr 26th 2010, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

Anytime you are very welcome.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Phew! What a bloody relief.

Just come back from the Cardiologist, I DO have a heart murmur. But it's purely down to the sounds of a powerful heart overpumping blood. It's normal and nothing to worry about.

What a week this has been!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Look forward to your passport request letter. Panic over.

I look forward to seeing you telling us you have got your PR request.