Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical form mistake what do I do.?

Medical form mistake what do I do.?

Old May 10th 2009, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Mooredog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical form mistake what do I do.?

We received our medical request forms the other day, all the forms are correct except my wifes where they've put my date of birth on it instead of hers

The question is do we have to wait for a new form or can we go ahead with what we have and get them altered

It's the same old story one minute you're up on cloud 9 then the next you're smack back down to groung zero

At least we're heading in the right direction.
Old May 10th 2009, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Medical form mistake what do I do.?

Originally Posted by Mooredog
We received our medical request forms the other day, all the forms are correct except my wifes where they've put my date of birth on it instead of hers

The question is do we have to wait for a new form or can we go ahead with what we have and get them altered

It's the same old story one minute you're up on cloud 9 then the next you're smack back down to groung zero

yeah, heard of this before... the doctor can make the necessary changes when you go to your medical exam. good luck
Old May 10th 2009, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kleinluka
yeah, heard of this before... the doctor can make the necessary changes when you go to your medical exam. good luck
Thank's Kleinluka, I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow to book our meds and I'll ask him for sure, you've saved me another 24hrs of uncertainty Cheers.
Old May 10th 2009, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

kleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to beholdkleinluka is a splendid one to behold

Thank's Kleinluka, I'll be calling the doctor tomorrow to book our meds and I'll ask him for sure, you've saved me another 24hrs of uncertainty Cheers.
No problem! And congrats on getting med requests by the way The finish line is getting closer
Old May 10th 2009, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

Tempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really niceTempest is just really nice

Can def confirm that the doctor can make the change (and then sign their name next to the change) - they had put my maiden name on my medical form and the doctor changed it to my married name.

Good Luck!
Old May 10th 2009, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tempest
Can def confirm that the doctor can make the change (and then sign their name next to the change) - they had put my maiden name on my medical form and the doctor changed it to my married name.

Good Luck!
Thank's for this as the two replies I got helped me relax today while celebrating mothers day at the lake.
Old May 10th 2009, 8:31 pm
tmb
Forum Regular

tmb is on a distinguished road

Thank's for this as the two replies I got helped me relax today while celebrating mothers day at the lake.
I had a similur problem, I amended the form and signed it the doctor counter signed it. You will also find somewhere on your CIC letter that you must inform them of any changes, and send in proof of the change like a copy of your passport...
Old May 11th 2009, 5:45 am
Banned

Brownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond reputeBrownstar has a reputation beyond repute

Like the other posters say, make the changes yourself and intial it but you must fax CHC with proof of what it should have been so they can update their records
Old May 12th 2009, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

I filled in the case specific enquiry form on the CIC website as they had put my maiden name on the form and got a reply within 24 hours and new form within a couple of days just in time for my medicals x

Helen
Old May 12th 2009, 10:43 am
tmb
Forum Regular

tmb is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by rufus2000
I filled in the case specific enquiry form on the CIC website as they had put my maiden name on the form and got a reply within 24 hours and new form within a couple of days just in time for my medicals x

Helen
Helen,

where do I find that as I need to apply for an extenstion as some extra information isrequired and the NHS are being slowto respond!
T
Old May 12th 2009, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rufus2000

Helen
Thank's to everyone for your help, I've since spoken to my Consultant and my Doctor and they've confirmed that it's just a matter for the Doc to ammend and sign it.

Meds all booked for 4/6 although my Son who is still in Scotland gets his done on 28/5 at a cost of £100 more than us. shouldn't complain though as we're over the moon just to get the ball rolling

With the meds getting done and sent from two different countrys here's hoping CIC in London don't make any more mistakes.
Old May 14th 2009, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

ZWogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Mooredog

We had the same problem with our little girl's Medical Form. We just sent an email to the CHC explaining what had happened and they sent a new form out the following day first class. I don't know if it is worth the risk of the doctor just amending it but i could be wrong.

ZWogan