Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Expiry - PR Landing Query [Pls Help]

Medical Expiry - PR Landing Query [Pls Help]

Old Jul 1st 2005, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

pr_can is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Medical Expiry - PR Landing Query [Pls Help]

Dear Experts,

I finally rec'd my PPR (Buffalo,NY)and awaiting stamped PP in the days to come.

Here is my situation : During our processing my wife was pregnant and during the medical request which was due by Aug'04 only i submitted medicals as docs in US advised against X-ray test for my wife during intial period of pregnancy. She submitted her medicals in Sept'04 and later in Mar'05 our new born medicals were submitted.

My question is what would be medical expiry set to in a typical case like this ? I definitely understand it would be clear once i receive my passports (stamped) back but would greatly help in planning for my trip.

HAVE A GREAT CANADA/US INDEPENDANCE DAY !!!

God Bless Our World !!

Regards,
pr
Old Jul 1st 2005, 2:34 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical Expiry - PR Landing Query [Pls Help]

12 months from the oldest medicals

Originally Posted by pr_can
Dear Experts,

Here is my situation : During our processing my wife was pregnant and during the medical request which was due by Aug'04 only i submitted medicals as docs in US advised against X-ray test for my wife during intial period of pregnancy. She submitted her medicals in Sept'04 and later in Mar'05 our new born medicals were submitted.

My question is what would be medical expiry set to in a typical case like this ? I definitely understand it would be clear once i receive my passports (stamped) back but would greatly help in planning for my trip.

God Bless Our World !!

Regards,
pr
Old Jul 1st 2005, 5:15 pm
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Experts,

God Bless Our World !!

Regards,
pr

pr_can,

Congrats on getting PPR and wish you happy life ahead in canada. Could you please tell me how long buffalo took to send you medical forms for newborn after you submitted his/her forms.

I have mailed my newborn forms/documents on May 04, 2005 and still waiting for his medical forms.

Many thanks

regards

newlooks
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks ad Wishing You the same !

It took just a month after sending the docs to CIC,Buff. And after that we rec'd PPR in another 3 weeks time.

Good Luck !!!

God Bless !

Originally Posted by newlooks
pr_can,

Congrats on getting PPR and wish you happy life ahead in canada. Could you please tell me how long buffalo took to send you medical forms for newborn after you submitted his/her forms.

I have mailed my newborn forms/documents on May 04, 2005 and still waiting for his medical forms.

Many thanks

regards

newlooks
Old Jul 2nd 2005, 5:43 am
London, UK

newlooks is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ad Wishing You the same !

It took just a month after sending the docs to CIC,Buff. And after that we rec'd PPR in another 3 weeks time.

Good Luck !!!

God Bless !
pr_can,

You are lucky. It is almost two months and I am still waiting for medical forms . I m getting panic now. Last week i faxed a letter asking for medical forms. I have also emailed buffalo but no reply yet

Many thanks

Regards

newlooks
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Medical Expiry - PR Landing Query [Pls Help]

Thanks Miller for your response.

But dont they take all this into account and provide enough days for the applicants to sell/buy essential items before immigrating/landing ?

Isn't there any medical extensions policy in CIC ?

God Bless !
-pr

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
12 months from the oldest medicals
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 4:32 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks Miller for your response.

But dont they take all this into account and provide enough days for the applicants to sell/buy essential items before immigrating/landing ?

Isn't there any medical extensions policy in CIC ?

God Bless !
-pr
Applicants in Canada or US will sometimes be given a 3 month extension of the medicals so that COPR is valid for short period to facilitate landing.

PMM
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

thanks PMM.....so there is still a possibility...."it depends" as per CIC officials discretion.....

God Bless
-pr

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Applicants in Canada or US will sometimes be given a 3 month extension of the medicals so that COPR is valid for short period to facilitate landing.

PMM