Medical Experience - Altrincham

Old May 3rd 2010, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of
Default Medical Experience - Altrincham

Hi - just wanted to report on our medical experience on Friday at Altrincham to put minds at rest as I was a bit nervous before mine as I know many are. Was sure my blood pressure was going to be high!

Needless to say I should not have been so worried, the doctor who saw us was very friendly guy and put me at ease straight away. Made the experience so much better and we were out (family of 3) within an hour. Also my BP was good so no issues there. Drove in to Manchester and got X-Rays taken, no waiting there. Best place to park is Manchester Central though is pricey.

Only thing that got picked up at meds was that my partner had back problems, a slip disk about 5 years ago. She had treatment and physio for it back then and has not had any issues since. Doctor said we should get a letter from GP explaining this, or a sign off letter. Really hope this does not cause any issues - surely not if not had the problem in so long.
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Medical Experience - Altrincham

Awww... thanks so much for your report! My medical is coming up tomorrow and I am a little worried... asked my GP to give me a letter as well (currently on meds) but she wasnt able to do it over the weekend.

Did your doc say anything about how long you have time to send in the letter from your GP?

I mean - they will probably wait for the blood work and the urine test to come back and then send it off to CIC, right? That should take a couple days???
Old May 3rd 2010, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

delsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud ofdelsol79 has much to be proud of

He said the blood and x-rays would take up to two weeks to be sent to him. So plan is to get the letter to him in that time frame and he would send off all together.

Partner has a doc appointment on Thursday this week. Only issue will be that this happened 5 years ago in Leeds and now we are in Manchester with a GP who knows nothing about it. Hoping he will write a letter based on her medical notes on file and that no appointments have been made in 5 years about the condition.

Don't worry about the meds
Old May 3rd 2010, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks so much!!!!

I really hope that they won't pester me again with second med requests. I was tested positive 20 yrs ago for TBC (because we were vaccinated back then against TBC I believe). I also take meds for an existing condition which is well controlled. That's what the letter is supposed to say that I requested last Thursday from my doctor. Crossing fingers that she writes something nice!

I really don't want to spend another 6 months on medicals!!!