Medical Examinations

Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:28 am
Just Joined

Canadabound is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Medical Examinations

Hi

I haven't posted any questions on this forum before, although I read it regularly. My husband applied for PR visa in November 2003 and we have just received a letter with some forms asking us to go for medicals. I have 2 daughters, one who sometimes suffers from mild asthma and has a very slight eye abnormality that is monitored by a consultant, but she has never received any treatment or medicines for this condition. Friends have told me not to mention this as it will just complicate matters. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of
Default Re: Medical Examinations

Originally Posted by Canadabound
Hi

I haven't posted any questions on this forum before, although I read it regularly. My husband applied for PR visa in November 2003 and we have just received a letter with some forms asking us to go for medicals. I have 2 daughters, one who sometimes suffers from mild asthma and has a very slight eye abnormality that is monitored by a consultant, but she has never received any treatment or medicines for this condition. Friends have told me not to mention this as it will just complicate matters. Can anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance
Many posters will tell you that as long as the condition you have does not burden the authorities then you shouldn't have a problem. You will have to take an eye test though. Tell them what you must...But I kinda liken it to taking a car for an MOT...You don't say this and that may be wrong...You let the inspector find Any problems, and anything serious will be found, They look foor TB on the xrays, you have a blood test, and give a urine sample, body checked over.

I'm sure that you are worrying Toooooooo much....You'll all be fine.
Best wishes
Frankieforehead
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Hi

Thanks in advance
hmmmm well i agree with *frankieforehead*....also...if she doesn't have medical treatment for her condition then i don't think it needs mentioning, and if it did come up it doesn't sound like it could be a problem. Because there is no burden on health insurance for treatments.
I think it is improbable to think that everyone who immigrates is in perfect health...*S*....good luck..and relax....*S*
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:43 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frankieforehead
Many posters will tell you that as long as the condition you have does not burden the authorities then you shouldn't have a problem. You will have to take an eye test though. Tell them what you must...But I kinda liken it to taking a car for an MOT...You don't say this and that may be wrong...You let the inspector find Any problems, and anything serious will be found, They look foor TB on the xrays, you have a blood test, and give a urine sample, body checked over.

Best wishes
Frankieforehead
This is correct, but they do a visual eye test (reading off the letter chart on wall) and check eyes pretty thoroughly using scope thingy - so not sure if this will come up in test/check ? But, yes, any probs, least said the better

Rich.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Hi

Thanks in advance
Yes, if they don't pick it up or if they don't ask general questions relating to the condition, then no need to tell them.

Best of luck.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

baigmd is an unknown quantity at this point

I will recommend not to mention anything as it will definitely complicate matters. Let the doctor figure out.
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

Best wishes
Frankieforehead
Thanks, good point, I see that you applied around the same time as us, was the doctor that you used in Knightsbridge good? I rang one in Winchester as it was nearest to me and was told that I had to wait 2 months!!! for an appointment and had to arrange and go for the x rays and blood tests in advance at the local hospital. I really was looking for somewhere to get everything done at once.

Thanks
Old Apr 25th 2005, 12:17 am
Lotus-eater

Rich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond reputeRich_007 has a reputation beyond repute

As a designated medical practitioner they are legally & contractually obliged to offer you an appointment within 10 days. I would actually let CIC know this as it doesn't reflect well on their status as approevd practitioners.

Ours were able to offer appt within 5 working days (Altrincham & Manchester).

Rich.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:27 am
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks, good point, I see that you applied around the same time as us, was the doctor that you used in Knightsbridge good? I rang one in Winchester as it was nearest to me and was told that I had to wait 2 months!!! for an appointment and had to arrange and go for the x rays and blood tests in advance at the local hospital. I really was looking for somewhere to get everything done at once.

Thanks
We were told the same thing by the Winchester doctor, which was why we decided to have our medicals done in Canada instead. Most of the places appear to be quoting a month or two to be seen.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Thanks
Really Good...Results back in a couple of days...Courier sent results from doctors to CHC...They also said that if there was any problems they would tell us first, and we could decide if the results should go off....And it's just a stones throw away from Harrods.
Also they allow you to go in with your children, so if they ask any awkward Q's...You'll be there to answer them.
Old Apr 25th 2005, 5:13 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Medical Examinations

Really Good...Results back in a couple of days...Courier sent results from doctors to CHC...They also said that if there was any problems they would tell us first, and we could decide if the results should go off....And it's just a stones throw away from Harrods.
Also they allow you to go in with your children, so if they ask any awkward Q's...You'll be there to answer them.

Great, thanks, rang them today and they said about 2 weeks for next apppointment, so that is much better. And the kids will enjoy a trip to Harrods afterwards!
Old Apr 25th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Great, thanks, rang them today and they said about 2 weeks for next apppointment, so that is much better. And the kids will enjoy a trip to Harrods afterwards!
Take em to Chocolate with everything...It's on the same floor as the Pet Shop, They'll love it.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 6:38 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Medical Examinations

Take em to Chocolate with everything...It's on the same floor as the Pet Shop, They'll love it.

I will, Thanks!