Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical Examination in Vancouver, BC

Medical Examination in Vancouver, BC

Old Jul 10th 2007, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical Examination in Vancouver, BC

Has anyone had their medical exam done for their PR in Vancouver?

I've got a list of the recognised doctors from the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx but I was wondering how people had got on with them, waiting times for an appointment, what the examination was like, and most imortantly are there any doctors on the list to avoid?

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Kabel will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Medical Examination in Vancouver, BC

Can't help much with recommendations or what to expect as I've yet to have the pleasure but I think the DMP handbook should give you an idea of what to expect.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resourc...amendments.asp

There has also been a few threads on here about what they do to you . Can't remember which ones so search function should help there.

As to waiting times/fees, best way to find out is to ring a few as they will all differ.

hth
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Tolga is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by live to ski

I've got a list of the recognised doctors from the CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/dmp-md/medical.aspx but I was wondering how people had got on with them, waiting times for an appointment, what the examination was like, and most imortantly are there any doctors on the list to avoid?

Thanks
I went to the Seymour Clinic on west 7th.. it was very smooth and easy.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

rabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud ofrabrol has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by live to ski

Thanks
We had ours done in Edmonton a few months ago. Can't comment on Vancouver docs, but experience was pleasant enough.

They ask a load of questions and do a basic physical. Nothing strenuous. Hit your leg and look for it to jerk, take your blood pressure, simple eyesight test that kind of stuff. Then you go to a lab or two to get some blood tests and a chest x-ray. The whole process took about 3 hours for our family of 5.

Rob