Medical Exam Question

Old Jul 12th 2002, 11:20 am
Sfa

Default Medical Exam Question

Hello Everyone:

I have applied to Buffalo for the PR under the Independent Category. I am currently
working for a software company which wants me back in India as the project here in
the US has come to a close. However, I have still not received the assesment from
RPC. My application was sent in October of 2001. Looking at the above and assuming
that like most people I would get an interview waiver, can I get the medical tests
done in India or do I have to get in the US only ? (My US address on the application
will remain valid as I was staying with my relatives, and hence I can get the
assesment letter sent to me in India when it is received here).

Please let me know what the experts think about the above.

Thanks

SFA

Old Jul 12th 2002, 2:20 pm
Pmm

Default Re: Medical Exam Question

Hi SFA "sfa" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hello Everyone:
    >
    > I have applied to Buffalo for the PR under the Independent Category. I am currently
    > working for a software company which wants me back in India as the project here in
    > the US has come to a close. However, I have still not received the assesment from
    > RPC. My application was sent in October of 2001. Looking at the above and assuming
    > that like most people I would get an interview waiver, can I get the medical tests
    > done in India or do I have to get in the US only ? (My US address on the
    > application will remain valid as I was staying with my relatives, and hence I can
    > get the assesment letter sent to me in India when it is received here).
    >
    > Please let me know what the experts think about the above.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > SFA

You can do the medicals at any DMP in the world. Just ensure that the Dr. sends them
to the right post. You should be alright if you get an interview waiver, BUT, if you
require an interview you will have to be able to obtain a US Visa to attend, and the
US does not usually give out visa to attend an interview.

PMM