Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical done today - Toronto experience

Medical done today - Toronto experience

Old May 4th 2010, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about
Default Medical done today - Toronto experience

O.k. I am back from my meds and it was good. It took me 6.5 hrs though since the clinic was PACKED!

I took them at the Albany Clinic, Broadview in Toronto. The doctor (Harvey Kline) is ancient and does those meds since probably 100 years. He is a very very sweet man and explained everything to me. He likes to talk about family, cooking, BBQ and other things too...

He listened to my heart, took blood pressure, height, weight (!), felt my tummy, checked my ears oh and the nurse checked my reading skills (vision) with one of those alphabet tables.

I was worried about my current medication (I am on prozac for depression) and told him that my GP would write a letter about my treatment and that I would bring in the letter as soon as I get it. Dr. Kline thought that this wasnt necessary. He just noted that I am healthy and doing well. He checked the box A (best grade on the form).

Then I went for chest xray, urine and blood work.

Paid 165 + 21 CDN and the results will be sent to Ottawa in 2 weeks. If the results are somehow suspicious the office will give me a call.

++++

So for anyone who is worried about current medication: bring a letter from your doctor if you can get it. Otherwise see what they say. Dr. Kline said they will likely not ask back. If they do I can still send the letter of my GP in.

I will update this as soon as I hear either way...

Cheers
Brigit
Old May 4th 2010, 9:17 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Medical done today - Toronto experience

Sounds like you got a sweetie of a Dr there

Might bear him in mind when our turn comes.
Old May 4th 2010, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Mermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura aboutMermaid3011 has a spectacular aura about

Oh yes absolutely! Just bring time and everything will go smoothly. I actually filled the forms in myself (most of it) and later when I paid the receptionist offered me two copies of the final form 'just in case CIC asks or something gets lost'. Well... of course I take them! Let's just hope nothing gets lost!!!
Old May 4th 2010, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Manek is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds good, m expecting medical within 2 mnths and would like to visit your doc.
Old May 4th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Manek is an unknown quantity at this point

between, does OHIP card make any difference wrt fees? at least 200$ per person is good amount..
Old May 5th 2010, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

no OHIP doesnt cover any of those expenses. I had my OHIP with me too but they don't even ask for it.

But my private health plan covers those costs through my Health Spending account. So I will get the money back....

Maybe you have something similar through your employer?