Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Medical done, but spouse was asked for a further ECG

Medical done, but spouse was asked for a further ECG

Old Sep 29th 2011, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

123me is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical done, but spouse was asked for a further ECG

Does anyone have any experience with this. My spouse had his medical done today, but the doctor said his ECG was unclear that he would need a further test done by a cardiologist.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 1:02 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medical done, but spouse was asked for a further ECG

Originally Posted by 123me
Does anyone have any experience with this. My spouse had his medical done today, but the doctor said his ECG was unclear that he would need a further test done by a cardiologist.
Hello. Yes, that happened to me. I had a heart murmur diagnosed by a doctor when I was in my twenties. The DMP couldn't hear it, but because I had disclosed it they sent me for extra tests. I went to another practice on Harley Street and they did a full work up of my heart. The paperwork all got sent to the original DMP and they submitted it.

As I am typing this as a permanent resident in Canada, you can see that it didn't affect the outcome - merely added a month or so to my timeline.

They just like to be clear on everything. Try not to worry. And all the best!
Old Sep 30th 2011, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you Funky Florist for your reply. I will try not to worry>
Old Oct 2nd 2011, 9:11 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

Same happened to my wife, we are here now as PRs. It is all part of the course, if there was nothing to worry in the UK then it will be fine.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Right, his own doctor said he is fine and did an ECG to prove it.
Old Oct 10th 2011, 1:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

My husband went to the cardiologist yesterday and that doctor said my husband is fine, and will send a letter to the doctor in Manchester. Looks like we are good to go now, all our paperwork is done. I am going to England next week for a holiday, and will then bring all my husbands paperwork back with me, and send it all off November1st.....hopefully! Then the countdown will begin....
Old Oct 10th 2011, 5:57 pm
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 123me
My husband went to the cardiologist yesterday and that doctor said my husband is fine, and will send a letter to the doctor in Manchester. Looks like we are good to go now, all our paperwork is done. I am going to England next week for a holiday, and will then bring all my husbands paperwork back with me, and send it all off November1st.....hopefully! Then the countdown will begin....
That's great news. I bet you are relieved! Good luck for all the next stage of the process now that worry is off your mind...
Old Oct 10th 2011, 11:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
That's great news. I bet you are relieved! Good luck for all the next stage of the process now that worry is off your mind...
Right, one less worry! I am looking forward to the day when I post everything.