Medical and DMP feedback

Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:01 am
Just Joined

mayfast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical and DMP feedback

Hello,

Being neurotic - med request received and went to DMP who was not at all chatty - BP was very high for hubs and I so he asked us to go get a 24 hr monitoring from house doctor and possible treatment. X-ray done in house, plus blood etc. No other feedback from him except the BP.
Did that and doc sent results back a couple of days later (BP fine - just under borderline - and no meds needed) must have been our total anxiety at DMP. That was it, they then emailed a few days later to say updated BP records from doc received and our meds now being sent off.

IF DMP had any other queries by then from x-ray or blood would he have told us? Or if anything else was high, cholestrol or whatever, would he just send it off. Just wondering what the DMP is meant to tell you or not.

Thanks,
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Yandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the roughYandros is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Medical and DMP feedback

I wouldn't worry too much. Our DMP wasn't very chatty either, but he did warn me that I might need extra chest x-rays and some additional tests. Sure enough they were required by the CIC people. It held the visa up a bit, but we still got it in the end.

Bear in mind that the DMP doesn't make the decision, he/she simply send the docs and a report to the CIC people who the make the decision. Having said that most of them probably have a good idea of what will pass and what will fail, so I'd suggest that the fact he didn't say anything is probably a good sign.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

If there was anything serious that you didn't know about the DMP would suggest you see your doctor, or would have sent you for some rather expensive private tests.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

I always have high blood pressure when I go to the Dr, it is 'white coat syndrome'!!

As a Dr the DMP is duty bound to tell you if he finds something out of the ordinary at the time of the medical. The guy that we saw informed me at the time of the medical that if he found anything out of the ordinary he would ask me to see my GP. As has been pointed out he doesn't make any decisions, all info will be scrutinised by an immigartion medical officer- I believe.

As my BP was slightly on the high side I needed to have a blood creatinine test to check my renal function. For my TWP I needed to have TB testing done, it turned out to be a not too good x-ray.

Good luck with your meds. We are awaiting ours to be sent off from the DMP.