medical- anniesland

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

lizziem is on a distinguished road
Default medical- anniesland

i am hoping to get our medicals soon has anyone been to anniesland, glasgow and if yes what kind of exams do they do.
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:27 am
Just Joined

WeeGem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: medical- anniesland

My partner and I used anniesland for our medicals and we wouldn't recommend them.

The admin bit was all fine. Everything booked OK. Plenty of information about what to expect.

But on the day - it wasn't the best.

My partner was kept waiting for over 45mins before being seen. I know that the doctors have duties but when you've paid for a service you expect a bit better. The wait actually meant that my partner's blood pressure was high and that meant further, and, imho, unnecessary tests later on.

The doctor that I saw had a terrible bedside manner. I was telling him that my GP was investigating a possible liver problem. His response was "Oh, that will stop you going to Canada". Talk about taking the wind out your sails. I was gutted.

More tests were required for me too.

Fortunately, all was OK in the end and we got our passport requests two weeks ago.

From what I can remember of the exam:- height, weight, blood pressure, blood tests, general medical history followed by chest x-rays at Nuffield.

Hope that helps.

WeeGem
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WeeGem
My partner and I used anniesland for our medicals and we wouldn't recommend them.

The admin bit was all fine. Everything booked OK. Plenty of information about what to expect.

But on the day - it wasn't the best.

My partner was kept waiting for over 45mins before being seen. I know that the doctors have duties but when you've paid for a service you expect a bit better. The wait actually meant that my partner's blood pressure was high and that meant further, and, imho, unnecessary tests later on.

The doctor that I saw had a terrible bedside manner. I was telling him that my GP was investigating a possible liver problem. His response was "Oh, that will stop you going to Canada". Talk about taking the wind out your sails. I was gutted.

More tests were required for me too.

Fortunately, all was OK in the end and we got our passport requests two weeks ago.

From what I can remember of the exam:- height, weight, blood pressure, blood tests, general medical history followed by chest x-rays at Nuffield.

Hope that helps.

WeeGem
Oh dear, thats not good, but useful info all the same.
There is also Dr Bryden in Glasgow, but no idea what she is like.
lns
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

LandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant futureLandC has a brilliant future

I did my medical there and didn't have any issues, they seem to have done lots of immigration medicals so they head all the paperwork there and ready. This was back in December and other than prescription collection there wasn't many other patients.

L and C
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

We're not at the medicals stage yet, but Anniesland is the GP I'm registered with as I live in the area! I've never had any problems with any of the staff there, they've all seemed very nice and I've never had a long wait. I was actually thinking it seemed a pretty handy thing to be registered with the place that does the emigration medicals!
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Trophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of lightTrophy is a glorious beacon of light

I had my medical at Anniesland. The Dr I saw was very nice and very reassuring although professional in her attitude.
My only complaint from the surgery point, was when my repeat sputum results went back to them the secretary sent my repeat x-ray and the preliminary sputum results. I didn't know this until 4 weeks later. The secretary quickly remedied the error by contacting the medical officer at CIC London and all went smoothly from there.
Like all things there is good and not so good.
Good luck all having to undergo medicals.

Mandy
Old Jun 23rd 2010, 7:05 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold

Hi all, we live in the Glasgow area and if/when our medicals do come about we, like OP have wondered which is the better one to use - Anniesland or I believe there is a surgery in Glasgow on West George Street.

What is the procedure at Anniesland? From what I've read there can be a great variation in the types of things they look for in the examination from stripping down to keeping your clothes on, internal examinations etc. Just wondered what to expect with the glasgow clinics?