Medical Advice Help Required

Old Aug 31st 2010, 1:41 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Medical Advice Help Required

I really need to ask this question as my friend asked me this and I really don't know the answer to this, and I want to help her?

I have a friend who has to have meds done by next Weds at the latest as her 60 days runs out a week and a bit later. She is struggling with money at the moment – she does not have the money to pay for the meds and has no way of getting any extra to cover it. So what can she do? Should she contact CIC and explain the situation and ask for a 4 week extension or what?

Thanks All
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:02 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical Advice Help Required

A visa officer could not welcome news that an applicant is having money problems. How are they going to survive in Canada if they are in financial difficulties?
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:04 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
I really need to ask this question as my friend asked me this and I really don't know the answer to this, and I want to help her?

I have a friend who has to have meds done by next Weds at the latest as her 60 days runs out a week and a bit later. She is struggling with money at the moment – she does not have the money to pay for the meds and has no way of getting any extra to cover it. So what can she do? Should she contact CIC and explain the situation and ask for a 4 week extension or what?

Thanks All
She could make an appointment with a DMP (at a date in 2-3 weeks) and then send a case specific enquiry / email to CIC explaining that she was unable to get an appointment until xyz date.

I got an extension when my son had to have further testing and a written report (within 60 days), I emailed them and explained that we were waiting for the doctor to respond, we got an extention without any problem.

Worth a try anyway!

If you are a good friend, could you lend her the money to get it done?

Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
A visa officer could not welcome news that an applicant is having money problems. How are they going to survive in Canada if they are in financial difficulties?
Sometimes money worries are uncontrollable, and outgoings hit you all at once, when you least expect it.

She currently lives in Canada and has done for 3 years things have just got tough right at the wrong time when the meds are needed.

She can afford to live in Canada, just situational thats all.

Last edited by or4ngecrush; Aug 31st 2010 at 2:07 pm. Reason: adding a s
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by siouxie
She could make an appointment with a DMP (at a date in 2-3 weeks) and then send a case specific enquiry / email to CIC explaining that she was unable to get an appointment until xyz date.

I got an extension when my son had to have further testing and a written report (within 60 days), I emailed them and explained that we were waiting for the doctor to respond, we got an extention without any problem.

Worth a try anyway!

Haha, maybe I'll take on a second job then.

I'm not going to get into that one right now.

I have my PR and used up all my funds from the sale of my UK home to pay for it, luckily.
Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:13 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by or4ngecrush
Haha, maybe I'll take on a second job then.

I'm not going to get into that one right now.

I have my PR and used up all my funds from the sale of my UK home to pay for it, luckily.
The I suggest she does what I suggested.

Old Aug 31st 2010, 2:52 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by siouxie

Worth a try anyway!

Hmm don't you think they will want to know why she has not done the medicals before that date (as she has had lots of time (60 days) or why she doesn't just use another DMP?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

anewPR is on a distinguished road

Meds in Canada are not that expensive. It cost me just 150 cad and seems that is the normal cost in BC. Not sure about other Provence's but they certainly not as expensive as the UK charges.

If she is currently in Canada, then I am guessing she is working and after 3 years must have a Credit Card. You can pay for your meds by CC, will get over the current hard time at least.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:35 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anewPR
Meds in Canada are not that expensive. It cost me just 150 cad and seems that is the normal cost in BC. Not sure about other Provence's but they certainly not as expensive as the UK charges.

If she is currently in Canada, then I am guessing she is working and after 3 years must have a Credit Card. You can pay for your meds by CC, will get over the current hard time at least.
Yeah but if you don't have ANY money then 10 dollars is too much!
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

Hi Can you explain how you got in to Canada and lived there for three years without a medical in the first place.
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 10:56 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big ron
Hi Can you explain how you got in to Canada and lived there for three years without a medical in the first place.
TWP can be for that long and no medical required if you are not in healthcare etc
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 12:51 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Plus it is O's friend not her. A lot of people arrive on TWP, myself included, without the need for meds straight away. Not everyone is coming through Skilled Worker, PNP, CI or retiring here. How is Big Ron coming over ?
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

big ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nicebig ron is just really nice

In a big plane and retiring
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:35 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

As her bank for line of credit??
Old Sep 3rd 2010, 4:38 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

I am wondering about the validity of this thread - what is really going on? Hoax perhaps?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.