Medical

Old Dec 20th 2018, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

FARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond reputeFARAH1305 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical

I've just realised I know next to nothing about the PR medical exam.
Can anyone speak to this?

Where is it done (are there affiliated doctors/clinics) in the UK?
How much does it cost?
what are they looking for? what does 'failing' or passing a medical mean? Like how could you fail the medical?
Old Dec 21st 2018, 12:34 am
No beginning to my talent

crofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond reputecrofty82 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical

This should help: Medical exam for permanent residents

As should this: How can I find a doctor who can provide the medical exam I need to come to Canada?

The exam itself is fairly basic; blood and urine tests, chest xray and basic physical examination which requires you to undress down to your underwear. You also have to notify them of any serious health conditions you currently have or have had in the past, and supply medical notes if required. If you have a spouse and/or children, they also have to have the exam even if they won't accompany you to Canada. Clinic will upload your results directly to IRCC via eMedical.

You would normally only the medical if you had a serious condition that was likely to be a high burden on the Canadian healthcare system or something that was highly contagious. If you are generally healthy, you will pass.

Our medicals cost £315 each at the Nuffield Clinic in Manchester, other clinics may vary but I would not imagine by much.

Last edited by crofty82; Dec 21st 2018 at 12:37 am.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 1:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical

Originally Posted by crofty82
You would normally only the medical if you had a serious condition that was likely to be a high burden on the Canadian healthcare system or something that was highly contagious.
Although worth noting that as the OP is applying under spousal sponsorship, they are exempt from being refused under excessive demand. So it's only the 'danger to public health' aspect of it that could cause a refusal.

HTH.