Medical

Old Dec 3rd 2018, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

philip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond repute
Default Medical

Had an upfront medical on Friday and they said it would be uploaded to eMedical in 2-3 days. They did say because I declared a medication (which it take for occasional migraines) that the Dr at the Canadian Consulant in London would need to clear it. How do I know when it has been passed and accepted by IRCC?
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 4:34 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medical

Originally Posted by philip.arkwright
Had an upfront medical on Friday and they said it would be uploaded to eMedical in 2-3 days. They did say because I declared a medication (which it take for occasional migraines) that the Dr at the Canadian Consulant in London would need to clear it. How do I know when it has been passed and accepted by IRCC?
Whilst the official line is that it can take 3 months for medicals to be processed, ECAS /MyCIC will update first to 'received' and then to 'passed'

How can I check on the status of my medical exam results?
Old Dec 3rd 2018, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

philip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond reputephilip.arkwright has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks but I had an upfront medical as I have a BCPNP certificate and plan to apply for a temporary working permit at the border so have no CIC account
Old Dec 5th 2018, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Default Advice

Hi all, after a bit of advice please. I have a BCPNP certificate with a job offer starting in February. I’ve just had my upfront medical and planned to arrive at the border and apply for a temporary work permit there. My issue is that when I had my medical I declared that I occasionally take Sumatriptan for Migraines (like 5-6 times a year). The Dr at the visa clinic said that the IRCC may ask for more info. Problem is have is that I have no idea if they will or won’t and have no way of finding out if it’s been accepted or not. So, do I just book my tickets and fly out at the end of January as planned and hope that it’s all ok or do I wait to try to find out if it’s been accepted which will delay us moving out, the next induction course for my job isn’t until June. Any advice really would be much appreciated.
Old Dec 5th 2018, 9:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice

Hi all, after a bit of advice please. I have a BCPNP certificate with a job offer starting in February. I’ve just had my upfront medical and planned to arrive at the border and apply for a temporary work permit there. My issue is that when I had my medical I declared that I occasionally take Sumatriptan for Migraines (like 5-6 times a year). The Dr at the visa clinic said that the IRCC may ask for more info. Problem is have is that I have no idea if they will or won’t and have no way of finding out if it’s been accepted or not. So, do I just book my tickets and fly out at the end of January as planned and hope that it’s all ok or do I wait to try to find out if it’s been accepted which will delay us moving out, the next induction course for my job isn’t until June. Any advice really would be much appreciated.
If the job itself doesn't require a medical CBSA can see medical results in GCMS provided the Panel Physician has sent the results to IRCC via emedical. Your choice on travelling in January.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
If the job itself doesn't require a medical CBSA can see medical results in GCMS provided the Panel Physician has sent the results to IRCC via emedical. Your choice on travelling in January.
Thanks. They’ve uploaded it via eMedical. I’m going to be working as a paramedic so believe I do need a medical.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. They’ve uploaded it via eMedical. I’m going to be working as a paramedic so believe I do need a medical.
Yes a medical is required for that job.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 11:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Yes a medical is required for that job.
So, how do I know when it’s been accepted? I can’t seem to get an answer to that from anywhere.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 10:19 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

So, how do I know when it’s been accepted? I can’t seem to get an answer to that from anywhere.
As mentioned in the link I gave upthread - it seems that even if you are a paper based Provincial Nominee you can still check your application status online. Presumably you have paid a fee somewhere to the Govt that you can use for the reference number - or an UCI number on an application or similar?

How can I check on the status of my medical exam results?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...services/appli
Which paper applications can I link to my online account?

Immigration

This includes applications for:
  • federal skilled workers
  • federal skilled trades
  • provincial nominees
Paper applications

There are two ways to check your application status online. You can:
Not all people who applied on paper can check their status through an online account. See which applications you can link to your online account... which leads to this:
Which paper applications can I link to my online account?

Failing that, you could send a case specific enquiry, perhaps - or if you have time just give it a few weeks.. per the link in an earlier post, medical results can take 3 months to process.

Or you could risk it and fly over in January.. you can get your work permit at the port of entry but if you haven't yet cleared the medical requirements then it will be issued with a clause stating you cannot work in certain professions/fields.. but once you have got medical clearance you can return to the border and get a new one with that removed, I believe (FL.. can you confirm?)

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 6th 2018 at 10:27 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2018, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Or you could risk it and fly over in January.. you can get your work permit at the port of entry but if you haven't yet cleared the medical requirements then it will be issued with a clause stating you cannot work in certain professions/fields.. but once you have got medical clearance you can return to the border and get a new one with that removed, I believe (FL.. can you confirm?)

Dependent on CBSA if a work permit was issued with conditions such as cant work in specific fields that require a medical on entry they would probably state that any changes after need to be done by IRCC even though they have the ability to do it as the change is being made after entry and the person is no longer seeking entry. Some offices are better than others with no guarantees they will or won't.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Kiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of lightKiowan is a glorious beacon of light

When I applied for PR I did an upfront medical hoping to save time because waiting periods in Manitoba at that point were often 3 months for medicals (only 3 doctors did them), so I found a slot and did it up front. He filed it via e-medical. At no point over the following 8 months did it ever reflect as being sent, received or accepted/passed on MyCIC, eventually I got a medical request about 6 months later so I called them and had to give them the various document codes and they found it in the system, it was just never linked to my account for some reason. Upshot is they don't look at it until it's actually time for them to request it.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies everyone. Siouxsie, i think you’re missing my point, unless I massively misunderstanding you, I have not applied to IRCC for anything yet. I plan to apply for temporary work visa at the border then apply for PR, as such I have no account to log on to to be able to check my status, this is the issue. I have a UMI number from the visa clinic as they have uploaded my results to eMedical, but there seems to be no way then check the results.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 7:36 pm
Banned

Thanks for your replies everyone. Siouxsie, i think you’re missing my point, unless I massively misunderstanding you, I have not applied to IRCC for anything yet. I plan to apply for temporary work visa at the border then apply for PR, as such I have no account to log on to to be able to check my status, this is the issue. I have a UMI number from the visa clinic as they have uploaded my results to eMedical, but there seems to be no way then check the results.
No, I'm not missing your point at all Just trying to find a way for you to find out the info - I presumed that you had made an application to BC in order to receive nomination through BC PNP and had some kind of Unique Client Identifier Number aka UCI # - with it even with a paper application you could have checked it online.

What did the PP use to link your medical to your application if you haven't had any interaction with IRCC and how will they know you need it processed for a work permit - an UMI is simply a Unique Medical Identifier - but I believe it needs to be linked in some way to you and your application so they will process it in a timely manner!

Ok I think I've found one way that you could get this done

Read about medical students who don't require a visa - and perhaps follow the guide for getting their Up Front Medical linked to an application.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-students.html
Applicants will scan and send the proof of completion provided to them by the panel physician to the public email address of the visa office serving their country of legal residence.
The email to the visa office must contain the following:
  • the clients’ full name as written in their passport, their date of birth and their contact information, including a telephone number and mailing address
  • a scan of the IME proof of completion provided by the panel physician
  • a scan of the biographical page of their passport for identity purposes
Visa offices overseas may facilitate the applications of TRV-exempt healthcare students who have undergone and passed an IME by doing the following:
  • creating a unique client identifier (UCI) number, if one does not already exist when an eTA is created
  • linking the student’s IME results to their UCI
  • issuing a facilitation letter bearing the UCI to be presented to the POE officials that states that the foreign national has completed their medical examination
So if you still have a copy, you could try emailing the London office supplying the information together with a copy of your BC PNP nomination and explaining that you are entering Canada to start training / work and have had the Up Front Medical in preparation , and ask them to issue you with an UCI and letter of Introduction (LOI) which you can use on entering Canada to get your work permit.

Otherwise, the only other way I can think of is to make an application for the work permit now, showing proof of the Upfront Medical - but that can take many months .. I'm not sure if you could do that AND enter with a view to obtaining the work permit at the POE.. FL?

Sorry, just trying to offer some options, not stress you out

Last edited by Siouxie; Dec 7th 2018 at 7:39 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2018, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
No, I'm not missing your point at all Just trying to find a way for you to find out the info - I presumed that you had made an application to BC in order to receive nomination through BC PNP and had some kind of Unique Client Identifier Number aka UCI # - with it even with a paper application you could have checked it online.

What did the PP use to link your medical to your application if you haven't had any interaction with IRCC and how will they know you need it processed for a work permit - an UMI is simply a Unique Medical Identifier - but I believe it needs to be linked in some way to you and your application so they will process it in a timely manner!

Ok I think I've found one way that you could get this done

Read about medical students who don't require a visa - and perhaps follow the guide for getting their Up Front Medical linked to an application.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-students.html
Applicants will scan and send the proof of completion provided to them by the panel physician to the public email address of the visa office serving their country of legal residence.
The email to the visa office must contain the following:
  • the clients’ full name as written in their passport, their date of birth and their contact information, including a telephone number and mailing address
  • a scan of the IME proof of completion provided by the panel physician
  • a scan of the biographical page of their passport for identity purposes
Visa offices overseas may facilitate the applications of TRV-exempt healthcare students who have undergone and passed an IME by doing the following:
  • creating a unique client identifier (UCI) number, if one does not already exist when an eTA is created
  • linking the student’s IME results to their UCI
  • issuing a facilitation letter bearing the UCI to be presented to the POE officials that states that the foreign national has completed their medical examination
So if you still have a copy, you could try emailing the London office supplying the information together with a copy of your BC PNP nomination and explaining that you are entering Canada to start training / work and have had the Up Front Medical in preparation , and ask them to issue you with an UCI and letter of Introduction (LOI) which you can use on entering Canada to get your work permit.

Otherwise, the only other way I can think of is to make an application for the work permit now, showing proof of the Upfront Medical - but that can take many months .. I'm not sure if you could do that AND enter with a view to obtaining the work permit at the POE.. FL?

Sorry, just trying to offer some options, not stress you out

No, I know you’re not! Just the whole thing is very stressful and the visa clinic couldn’t really give me an answer. Thanks, I’ll try your suggestion and see if that gets me anywhere. 😀
Old Dec 7th 2018, 9:32 pm
Banned

No, I know you’re not! Just the whole thing is very stressful and the visa clinic couldn’t really give me an answer. Thanks, I’ll try your suggestion and see if that gets me anywhere. 😀

Oh... just a thought - do you have an eTA? If you do, then you have a UCI!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.