Wikiposts

Medical

Old Nov 16th 2010, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

staceyw82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Medical

Ok i've my medical in Dublin on thursday for Common law..what forms will i need to take? i need to double check i'm taking everything before i make the trip down.
Thanks guys
Old Nov 16th 2010, 1:10 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Medical

Best option is to ring and ask, but I can give the answer for a medical I'm about to do in Vancouver they asked for:
  • Passport
  • 3 Passport Photographs
  • (although the clinic did not state this, I'm certainly taking it) The paperwork that came with the Medical Request

I'm also taking copies of my PNP and PR Applications just in case, but they are not required and likely will not be used.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 2:52 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Please forgive this possibly ignorant question but.... does 'Everybody' have to do a medical? My husband and son are Canadian, and I will go with them under the Spousal Sponsorship (hopefully!). I have seen from the Wiki that I shall possibly have to have an interview here in Paris, but I don't know if I will also have to have a medical? I don't mind, well in so much as nobody loves 'em, but not sure if I do. Many thanks!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 3:02 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
Please forgive this possibly ignorant question but.... does 'Everybody' have to do a medical? My husband and son are Canadian, and I will go with them under the Spousal Sponsorship (hopefully!). I have seen from the Wiki that I shall possibly have to have an interview here in Paris, but I don't know if I will also have to have a medical? I don't mind, well in so much as nobody loves 'em, but not sure if I do. Many thanks!
you will, have to have one.
however as a spouse you are " excessive demand exempt" meaning there's not really much you can fail it on !

Do a search of medicals on here , there are loads of threads telling you what it entails. The anticipation is inevitably worse than the actual event
Old Nov 17th 2010, 8:07 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Zoe, many thanks - I shall look forward to it! Just wasn't sure, but I am now, so am most grateful!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Cowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to allCowgirl is a name known to all

My husband just got his medical done today. He said it was no problem... took about 20 mins. You also have to get a chest x-ray, which was also fine for him.
It took longer to fill out the forms, get the photos together, etc than the actual medical itself!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 4:35 pm
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

From the sounds of it, most people will very likely have had all the steps that a medical involved done to them at some stage. I.e.:
* Complete Medical Examination: Similar to a new patient induction at any doctors surgery - possibly some elements of a normal visit to the docs as well
* Urinalysis - Almost certainly part of a new patient induction
* Blood test - I've personally not had a blood test but I seem to be in the minority
* Chest Xray - Had xrays plenty of times. Not of the chest but there is really nothing to worry about.

I've got mine on Monday and the hassle is mostly actually attending it and getting off work rather than what it involves
Old Nov 18th 2010, 12:00 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hpka
From the sounds of it, most people will very likely have had all the steps that a medical involved done to them at some stage. I.e.:
* Complete Medical Examination: Similar to a new patient induction at any doctors surgery - possibly some elements of a normal visit to the docs as well
* Urinalysis - Almost certainly part of a new patient induction
* Blood test - I've personally not had a blood test but I seem to be in the minority* Chest Xray - Had xrays plenty of times. Not of the chest but there is really nothing to worry about.

I've got mine on Monday and the hassle is mostly actually attending it and getting off work rather than what it involves
I would check that they are not expecting you to get the bloodwork done elsewhere , you def. need a blood test for HIV and syphillis.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 8:12 am
Britnadian

Originally Posted by Zoe Bell
I would check that they are not expecting you to get the bloodwork done elsewhere , you def. need a blood test for HIV and syphillis.
I spoke to someone who had been to the same doctor. Apparently this is all done within the same building. Mmaybe not the same office, i.e. a separate lab. For all intensive purposes, I just need to turn up with blood in my veins :P