medial for spouse on work permit

Old Sep 5th 2005, 6:50 pm
Just Joined
Thread Starter
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Bristol UK
Posts: 15
treblemouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medial for spouse on work permit

I am waiting on HRDC approval for a job in Canada. Once i have this, I am hoping to apply to London for a work permit. I wish to apply for an open work permit for my spouse to accompany me. He is a secondary school teacher. He will not be able to teach, as he needs to gain a BC teachers certificate first. I have to start my job on the 1st of Nov. Therefore we don't have time to get medicals.


1) Do we have to submit all my husbands qualifications, transcripts etc with my work permit?

2) Will CIC assume that because my husband is a teacher he'll want to teach in Canada?

3) Can we put a letter in with our work permit application to say my husband does not want to work in child/healthcare and therfore doesn't require a medical?

4) Can my husband have a medical, at a later date, in Canada should he gain his BC teachers certificate?

Sorry for all the questions but it's worrying me (as is waiting for HRDC approval, giving up our jobs, selling our stuff etc
treblemouse is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.