Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Med requests received but now have a problem with non co-operative daughter......

Med requests received but now have a problem with non co-operative daughter......

Old Feb 2nd 2011, 6:14 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future
Unhappy Med requests received but now have a problem with non co-operative daughter......

Please can someone offer me some advice as I think I am about to lose my mind completely.

After a 6 month wait we finally receive our med requests only to be met with my 20 year old daughter refusing to co-operate medically. She has never been interested in Canada as she is staying in the UK to study etc and she is on my application as a non-accompanying dependent, however medicals are still needed. She is being really evasive and awkward about taking medicals and won't answer my calls. What can I do if she refuses point blank? I can't force her!

Can i ask CHC to remove her from my application? Will they remove her? Will I have to complete the form stating that I won't sponsor her in the future?

Thank you in advance for your help?

Rubes
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:28 pm
Done!

engineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to beholdengineer80 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Med requests received but now have a problem with non co-operative daughter......

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...endant+medical

Rubie, perhaps the thread above will help, particularly Miss Clinique's response.
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Neths is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Med requests received but now have a problem with non co-operative daughter......

Hello Rubie

Sounds exactly the same!!

As an update, I have twice emailed Buffalo with no reply on either. I'm not sure if they take weeks to reply, but I'm hoping for an answer soon....

I did enclose a lenghty covering letter with my application highlighting this issue as it was a struggle even getting the passport pictures but I was sent the medical forms anyway.

Not much help I'm afraid, but I know how you must be feeling. If I hear anything...

Neths
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 6:21 pm

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Thank you both.

I believe I will have to sign the affadavit - I don't want to but she is digging her heels in for some reason.

I just hope that CHC understand that in the 12 months since we originally completed the forms my daughter has had a change of heart and she doesn't want to have anything to do with the application and is not slightly bothered about whether it will affect our chances or not.

Neths, did you originally include your daughter on your application?

Rubie
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 7:44 pm
No really, it doesn't

jimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond reputejimmydean has a reputation beyond repute

Rubie

I hope you manage to sort this...... and I hope Miss Clinique's solution with the affidavit works for you.

My experience with CIC was frustrating regarding my 17 year old non-accompanying daughter who has no intention of going to Canada after not including her on main application (only mentioned her on 'all children' forms)

I swore the affidavit out and sent off the application but they immediately sent me an email asking for full forms for her and passport photos etc and sent medical forms for her to have medicals. I didn't argue and my daughter had no problem in doing the medicals after a reasonable conversation.......and looking back I think it was for the best.

Good luck
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 8:11 pm

Thanks JimmyD.

Sounds like your daughter is a lot more reasonable than mine is being at the mo!

I can't believe she is being so obstinate. All I can do is hope that CHC understand that you cannot force someone to do something they don't want to, especially because under uk law she is wholly independent.

I thought waiting for medicals was bad enough - piece of cake compared to this stress :curse:

Rubie
Old Feb 3rd 2011, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

I have 2 daughters and both were included (the younger one is not a problem!).

I had called cic a number of times and on one occassion I was told that I needn't sign the waiver there and then but leave it all "floating" in case I needed to sponsor her/them in the future. From other "advice" i don't think this is the case.......
Old Feb 4th 2011, 4:25 pm

Oh.. good luck with it. I shall be keeping my fingers firmly cross for you.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

hi Rubie, i have 2 step-children both classed as independants according to canadian immigration paperwork, but not according to UK law they were 18 and 16 when we applied, i signed the affadavit and sent with my application, they didnt accept it, didnt explain why, just insisted that the eldest had his own set of paperwork, both had to have medicals. i understand your stress.

we are awaiting our passport requests, which will be interesting as step children live in the UK and one is currently teaching english in spain till august, so im hoping he is willing to send his passport to me

i found my 1st grey hair....any wonder why

just hang in there, have you explained what is entailed in the medical, maybe she thinks its too 'invasive' and doesnt want to have one for that reason. my step-children were worried about this, till i explained.

good luck, try to stay sane !

kae

Originally Posted by Rubie
Please can someone offer me some advice as I think I am about to lose my mind completely.

After a 6 month wait we finally receive our med requests only to be met with my 20 year old daughter refusing to co-operate medically. She has never been interested in Canada as she is staying in the UK to study etc and she is on my application as a non-accompanying dependent, however medicals are still needed. She is being really evasive and awkward about taking medicals and won't answer my calls. What can I do if she refuses point blank? I can't force her!

Can i ask CHC to remove her from my application? Will they remove her? Will I have to complete the form stating that I won't sponsor her in the future?

Thank you in advance for your help?

Rubes
Old Feb 4th 2011, 7:51 pm

Hi Kae,

thanks for replying and good luck with the final stages.

My daughter is in a place at the moment where she is not interested in anything or anyone but herself. On the surface, when I can get through to her she comes across as though she will cooperate, however when I try and pin her down to committing to an appointment or completing new paperwork all I get is ridiculous excuses and then she doesn't answer the phone to me (we live hundreds of miles apart). I have tried all approaches but nothing seems to work.

I will wait until we have had our medicals and if she is still not cooperating I will have no option but to go down the affadavit route and try and explain that I cannot force a 20 year old to do something they don't want to do. I am at a loss to know what else can I do.
Old Feb 4th 2011, 11:05 pm
Just Joined

Rubie

I had an email today from Buffalo! They said for me and my youngest to go ahead and have the medicals (had mine done a month ago...) and...

"When your file is reveiwed by an officer, a decision will be made at that time whether to have your daughter removed from your application."

So, I guess instead of doing the affadavit now I will wait until a decision has been made. Like you, I'm not sure what will happen if they insist she has a medical and will have to cross that bridge as and when.

Another thing is that although I included both on my paperwork, I didn't pay the extra for them to be included with my application - as stated in my covering letter. I guess I'm going to have to address this next.

Now all I need to do is sort out a medical for the youngest and try to find someone to drive her the 50 miles each way........

I'm so "pleased" (not really the right word) I'm not the only one in this situation and if it's any consolation, I know what you are going through.

Keep smiling!

Neths
Old Feb 5th 2011, 12:57 pm

Hi Neths,

thank you so much for letting me know the outcome so far.

Like you say, you don't know for sure what the immigration officer will say but I just don't know how they can expect you to force someone who is of adult age in the uk to do something that they don't want to do. It certainly refers to it in one of the operating handbooks that this must be considered as a possibility but I suppose it depends on who is making the decision.

I am going to go ahead with our medicals and write a letter to them to send with all the extra info they requested and then cross my fingers and everything else in the hope that they understand.

Good luck with everything and please keep us updated with your progress on this.