Wikiposts

Med Requests

Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:13 am
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of
Default Med Requests

Anybody that got the 90 day update letter in Nov 06 received med request yet? (Apart from KennyJosie who will still be due to getting theirs!)
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all
Default Re: Med Requests

Got our medicals booked for Mid March, so just after we get back from Banff!
Wooo Can't wait!
Good luck Suzyane!
Kenny
Old Feb 14th 2007, 7:32 am
Suzy Q

Suzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud ofSuzyanne has much to be proud of

Well hopefully we will have had the med request by the time you go for yours. You applied 13 days before us and your AOR date is 7 days before ours so I'm applying logic and hoping that we get it by 26 Feb. Know logic does not apply and more chance of finding needle in haystack than guessing what day however eases the pain!!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:08 am
Suzy Q

Apart from KennyJosie I guess that's a no then??
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Davea1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Suzyanne
Apart from KennyJosie I guess that's a no then??
Hi Suzyanne, we have the same sort of time scale as you, Nov 04 file no. updated info was the same day 1st Nov 06. We have used a consultant so everything seems to get a bit delayed, by the time we received the 90 day letter it was 14th Nov, got everything done and sent it back to Canada(so they could send it back to London!) It was the 4th of Jan when our consultant confirmed that they had sent it to the High Commission. They have told us possibly 3 months maybe more before we get our medical request.
Hopefully we won't be far behind you!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Janet & Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We are a Nov 04 AOR but with a 90 day updated info letter dated Aug 17th. We were asked for updated photo's for the children on the 24th Jan. Still waiting for those elusive medical requests. Hopefully they will come sometime soon.

Regards

Janet & Chris
Old Feb 15th 2007, 3:41 pm
Forum Regular

shri_ram is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Janet & Chris
Hi,

We are a Nov 04 AOR but with a 90 day updated info letter dated Aug 17th. We were asked for updated photo's for the children on the 24th Jan. Still waiting for those elusive medical requests. Hopefully they will come sometime soon.

Regards

Janet & Chris
We are Nov AOR, we received 90 day update letter by middle of Nov, we sent our updates by end of Jan, still waiting to hear rom them for medicals.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Tim E is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Med Requests

We have a Nov 04 AOR. GOt our 90 Day letter in Nov 06 and was contacted by our Immigration consultant yesterday to say that our Med requests have arrived. Unfortunately we have another baby on the way so the Meds will be delayed until June. At least we now know our paperwork has been accepted

And so begins the planning to decide what to take and who to get in to do the removals
Old Feb 15th 2007, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all

Tim E,
"Unfortunately we have another baby on the way so the Meds will be delayed until June."
I thought the meds had to be taken within 90 days of the request.....
I believe that the one with the "bump" does not need to do X-rays, but I might be mistaken....
Have you contacted CIC about the impending addition to your clan?
Hope all goes well,
Kenny

Last edited by KennyJosie; Feb 15th 2007 at 9:24 pm. Reason: Brain to finger interface reboot required!
Old Feb 15th 2007, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

Tim E is an unknown quantity at this point

Our immigration consultant put a letter in when we sent our updated docs asking them to delay the Medial request until June when the baby is born but they sent the meds anyway. When they contacted CIC they were told to hang on to the letter and then send it on to us when the baby arrives. We can then update them with the new details at the same time.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

stephenbottcher is an unknown quantity at this point

90-day letter Nov 1, update delivered to CIC London Jan 17, no news as of yet.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:03 am
Forum Regular

jcatterbury is on a distinguished road

Hi

I am Nov 20 2004 AOR, got delay letter last year then 90 day letter in November 2006. All updated info sent off on Jan 10 and now for the first time I can start getting excited about the post coming.

Only slight annoyance is that I have sold the house and, unless something goes wrong, I am moving next weekend so I will have to let CHC know. Does anyone know if they are any good at noting change of address or will my med request likely go to my old address. Also can you only post the change of address in or do they actually read faxes and emails?

Last question - how long is it before you get the visa after your medical is completed?

Just got back from a week in Toronto this morning and even with the cold weather out there I can't wait to get back!

Good luck to everyone else waiting patiently!

Jason
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:05 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

You should be able to mail or fax, but I'd suggest setting up mail forwarding too just in case.

As for how long the visa takes after the medicals, it's anything from a couple of weeks to forever . It depends in a large part on how long the background checks take and whether any medical issues turn up.

Lately though, it generally seems to have been pretty fast. Took just under a month for me.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

jcatterbury is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Med Requests

Thanks Mark

Always good to hear that people have actually got the visas. Even more so when the AOR month is the same as mine.

Cheers,
Jason
Old Feb 17th 2007, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Technically I haven't got it yet, but my passport is at CHC waiting to be stamped .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.