Med request received!!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Med request received!!!!

Originally Posted by blake75
Thats awesome news, congratulations you lucky buggers.

I rushed home at lunch once I saw your posting to see if we might be in the same boat - alas not this time, but they can't avoid me forever!

Well done again
Thanks Blake.

I'm sure it will be soon! When did you send off your paper work?

All the best,

James.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

blake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jwsadler
Thanks Blake.

I'm sure it will be soon! When did you send off your paper work?

All the best,

James.
Documents returned the 5th of August. 3 months later and not a word - I really had expected them by now regardless of what the 90 day letter might have inferred.

Still, i'm sure it'll happen soon like you say.

Enjoy your evening..
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

WendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant future

Hi,

I have just phoned the medical practice in Horsham, they quoted:

Adults £170.00 for medical + £58.00 for x-ray.
Children (under 11) £60.00. (no x-ray required)

James.

Can I just check, does that mean that any child over 11 is classed as an adult?
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to know: We went off to Devon for a weeks holiday on Dartmoor. Came back on Saturday to find the proverbial brown envelope on the door mat

We're planning to use the 'Holbrook Surgery' in Horsham, has anyone been there?

Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear.

James.

Congratulations James. Excellent news.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hollis Family
Great stuff - we have pretty much the same timeframe as yourselves (except or med requests came about a month ago) and had our medicals last Thursday - all relatively painless!! Now awaiting the next next brown envelope - requests for passports - fingers crossed!!
Congrats Hollis Family...coming around the final bend now!

Kind regards,

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by WendyS
Not too sure about that, all that I know is that over 11 they pay a different price (could be adult price, but I didn't ask), but more importantly over 11 they have to have an x-ray.

Regards,

James.
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Getting There
Congratulations James. Excellent news.

Eamonn & Janet.
Thanks Guys
Old Nov 4th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by WendyS
Children under 15 do not have to have the blood tests hence the difference in the price.

Good Luck!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to know that I have booked our medicals with Brigstock Medical Practice, Thornton Heath (Croydon) for Saturday 15th November 11 am

Costs are:

£150 per adult
£60 per child.

I decided not to go with the Horsham clinic because a) they only take cash and I don't want to walk around with £500+ in cash, and b) they didn't make me feel like I was a paying private client (paper work received was a bit like CIC paperwork - no name, no salutation, no covering letter about the clinic etc.). Brigstock will take a card (credit and debit but no cheques).

Mayday hospital (CR7 7YE) opens for x-rays on the Saturdays that Brigstock is open, and we have booked our x-rays for 10am same day. I was told that its best to park in the hospital car-park then walk round to the Brigstock clinic after the x-rays.

X-rays cost £50 per person (adults only), and I was also asked to bring passport, passport sized photo, proof of address and the CIC provided medical form.

I will keep you updated as to how things go,

Hope this info helps,

James.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

You will also need several passport photos each for your medical!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by minimeeze
You will also need several passport photos each for your medical!
Thanks minimeeze.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

WendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant future

Thanks for that James

Not too sure about that, all that I know is that over 11 they pay a different price (could be adult price, but I didn't ask), but more importantly over 11 they have to have an x-ray.

Regards,

James.
Old Nov 5th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to know: We went off to Devon for a weeks holiday on Dartmoor. Came back on Saturday to find the proverbial brown envelope on the door mat

We're planning to use the 'Holbrook Surgery' in Horsham, has anyone been there?

Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear.

James.
Congratulations and best wishes!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 8:01 pm
chuffy

ginge'n'jim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I have just phoned the medical practice in Horsham, they quoted:

Adults £170.00 for medical + £58.00 for x-ray.
Children (under 11) £60.00. (no x-ray required)

They have sent out some paperwork which I have to read and agree too, before they will book an appointment, but they mentioned that appointment times are running at about two weeks.

Do the above prices seem ok?

Regards,

James.
Brigstock Medical Practice in Thornton Heath, South London, charged us £150 per adult plus £50 for the X rays , £60 per child.

I suppose it depends on how many of you there are!