Med request received!!!!

Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough
Smile Med request received!!!!

Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to know: We went off to Devon for a weeks holiday on Dartmoor. Came back on Saturday to find the proverbial brown envelope on the door mat

We're planning to use the 'Holbrook Surgery' in Horsham, has anyone been there?

Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear.

James.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 7:59 am
mclauchlan35

mclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of lightmclauchlan35 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Med request received!!!!

Hi James

That's great news

The very best of luck.

Danny
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:03 am
Forum Regular

jwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the roughjwsadler is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mclauchlan35
Hi James

That's great news

The very best of luck.

Danny
Cheers Danny.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jwsadler
Hi Guys,

Thought you might like to know: We went off to Devon for a weeks holiday on Dartmoor. Came back on Saturday to find the proverbial brown envelope on the door mat

James.
What a lovely surprise, hope meds all go well
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Hi Guys,

James.
Great stuff - we have pretty much the same timeframe as yourselves (except or med requests came about a month ago) and had our medicals last Thursday - all relatively painless!! Now awaiting the next next brown envelope - requests for passports - fingers crossed!!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Coffeepot
What a lovely surprise, hope meds all go well
Thanks Coffepot.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hollis Family
Great stuff - we have pretty much the same timeframe as yourselves (except or med requests came about a month ago) and had our medicals last Thursday - all relatively painless!! Now awaiting the next next brown envelope - requests for passports - fingers crossed!!
Thanks Hollis Family,

I hope that the next brown envelope comes quickly for you.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

katiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nicekatiemoon is just really nice

Great news!

Can I just ask how long it is since you sent off updates? - we sent off ours 2 weeks ago and hope to get the next envelope as a Chrissy prezzie

KatieMoon
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by katiemoon
Great news!

Can I just ask how long it is since you sent off updates? - we sent off ours 2 weeks ago and hope to get the next envelope as a Chrissy prezzie

KatieMoon
Hi KatieMoon,

We sent our updates off on 22nd September - so just over a month to get med request.

Regards,

James.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

I have just phoned the medical practice in Horsham, they quoted:

Adults £170.00 for medical + £58.00 for x-ray.
Children (under 11) £60.00. (no x-ray required)

They have sent out some paperwork which I have to read and agree too, before they will book an appointment, but they mentioned that appointment times are running at about two weeks.

Do the above prices seem ok?

Regards,

James.

Last edited by jwsadler; Nov 3rd 2008 at 11:47 am. Reason: typo
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Hi,

I have just phoned the medical practice in Horsham, they quoted:

Adults £170.00 for medical + £58.00 for x-ray.
Children (under 11) £60.00. (no x-ray required)

They have sent out some paperwork which I have to read and agree too, before they will book an appointment, but they mentioned that appointment times are running at about two weeks.

Do the above prices seem ok?

Regards,

James.
Hi, they seem comparable - we paid £160 per adult and £75 per child for the meds and £80 for xrays. We also had to wait for 3 weeks. You need to get the xrays done first and our Dr recommended that we allow at least 10 days after xrays for the medicals but the Drs should be able to advise timescales for you. Good luck!
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Hollis Family
Hi, they seem comparable - we paid £160 per adult and £75 per child for the meds and £80 for xrays. We also had to wait for 3 weeks. You need to get the xrays done first and our Dr recommended that we allow at least 10 days after xrays for the medicals but the Drs should be able to advise timescales for you. Good luck!
Thanks.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

minimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud ofminimeeze has much to be proud of

We went to number one health in Harley street where we got a next day appointment. Medicals were approx £240 each and X-Rays about £54.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

bimchick is an unknown quantity at this point

My hubby is getting his medicals done upfront because we're applying through spousal sponsorship. Questions: Should he get them done before we send anything off? Or can get them done after we send off the paperwork. My understanding (from the info packet) is that the doctor sends of EVERYTHING to do with the medical. But I thought I'd double check.
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

blake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the roughblake75 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Guys,

James.
Thats awesome news, congratulations you lucky buggers.

I rushed home at lunch once I saw your posting to see if we might be in the same boat - alas not this time, but they can't avoid me forever!

Well done again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.