Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

maybe a silly question, but how do you pay your fee's online?!

maybe a silly question, but how do you pay your fee's online?!

Old Oct 12th 2010, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road
Default maybe a silly question, but how do you pay your fee's online?!

I know its really late, and Im tired, but I cant seem to pay my fees for the immigration applications online? anyone know how to do this, or do you just go to the bank and attach the bank draft or money order to the application?

almost there

Valentina
Old Oct 12th 2010, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: maybe a silly question, but how do you pay your fee's online?!

Unfortunately you can't pay for Immigration applications online. I believe this is specified somewhere in the Form guide.

I used a credit card and despite the stories of them not going through mine went through just fine, though there is the additional risk of the pack being bounced back to you if the card fails to process. Bank drafts are less risky in that sense.
Old Oct 12th 2010, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jimmy, I should also mention Im trying to do this while in the UK (have to send my application to London). so thats when the online option disapeared for me. I guess I will just have to go to the bank and hope for the best.

Im also hoping this IMM 5401 is just for people who pay from within Canada?

Just when you think you are almost done!! lol
Old Oct 13th 2010, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Allie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond reputeAllie73 has a reputation beyond repute

We had the same problem and ended up paying with a bankers draft from HSBC. However, when I posted about this later, someone said that if I had chosen Mississauga instead of London as the payment option, it would have worked. I have no idea if this is true or not. We paid the Permanent Residence Fee online two weeks ago and had no problem. When you pay with a bankers draft, you don't get any kind of reference number or receipt number. We weren't able to check our status online until we got the letter saying I was approved as my husband's sponsor.
Old Oct 13th 2010, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

We paid ours online. We selected Mississauga as the office, and the payment went through fine. We then printed off a receipt which we sent with the application