Marrying a Brit

Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

ms_cyn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marrying a Brit

Hello everyone

I'm a Canadian living abroad and planning on marrying my British boyfriend and moving back to Canada with him.

Is being married to a Canadian enough to get him into Canada without too much hassle from immigration?

Alternatively, if you know any websites that contain related information I would be most appreciative.

Thank you.
Old Nov 11th 2007, 10:26 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Marrying a Brit

No, it is not enough at all. Start here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...sor/spouse.asp

and of course read wiki as well as browse through past posts on the topic. Many posters here are going through the process of sponsoring or being sponsored by spouse or common-law partner. After you get through basics please don't hesitate to ask questions you can't find answers to.
Old Nov 12th 2007, 11:40 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marrying a Brit

As Yoda, sorry Andrew Miller says, no there is a little more to it than turning up at the airport and declaring your husband as a souvenir of your time abroad....... But, it's not an arduous process compared to the other methods of immigrating to Canada. Do some research here and on the CIC website and all will be revealed. (My Canadian wife dragged me over 3 years ago. )