Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Marriage length and processing times.

Marriage length and processing times.

Old May 31st 2011, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

edmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud ofedmontonian has much to be proud of
Default Marriage length and processing times.

Just curious really, I was wondering if anyone thought on the spousal application, if it makes difference how long you have been married to how quickly they process your application, I guess the longer you have been married, then the less complicated your case maybe?

I ask because i was looking at peoples timeliness and how quick some people seemed to get processed (8 weeks) compared to others that took say 4-5 months. I personally have been married 12 years, and we are putting in the application June 30th. My wife is still in the Uk and will be there until the application has all gone through. So i guess you could say I was more than curious, Im hoping that there is something in it
Ed
Old May 31st 2011, 7:31 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage length and processing times.

Nope, sorry, that has no bearing on it. It will vary person to person, and is more likely to be influenced by things like a criminal record or more background checks being needed, or just the time of year - processing times will be longer over Christmas or the summer for example (sorry!) due to staff being on holiday. Length of marriage won't have anything to do with it.

Good luck with your application.