Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Marriage after getting CSQ ,,, ,,,, Help me please

Old Apr 13th 2011, 1:18 am
Just Joined

Hany152 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marriage after getting CSQ ,,, ,,,, Help me please

Good Morning
Dear all I have a serious problem in my first step in my immigration plan, the story starts when I had applied to CSQ and I got it (without an interview) then I got married. My questions are:
1- What are the required documents from my spouse?
2- Are they going to interview us?
3- What are the needed forms?
4- Do we have to re-apply? Or my CSQ enough? If I have to apply for my spouse, do I have to fill in a CSQ application?
5- What are our chances of successful file?
6- Does anyone here know the processing time?
Is there any similar situation? I really need your help as soon as possible as my CSQ expires on July?
I wish you all best luck
Hany
Old Apr 13th 2011, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marriage after getting CSQ ,,, ,,,, Help me please

I do not know the answer to all your questions, but I would advice you to contact Quebec Immigration as soon as possible and let them know them of your change of circumstannces.

You wife will need to get a CSQ as well so you will need to fill out all the required paperwork for her as well as get yours amended.

Immagine you were doing a new application and fill out all the forms required for a married couple and provide all the evidence that you would need to have provided for your wife and pay the required fee.

As to the effect of once you contact them they will let you know what you have to do.
Old Apr 13th 2011, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

Hany152 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your answer, I was sure that I have to start all these steps again for my wife since she needs to get CSQ.
One more question PLZ, she doesn't know French, do you think it could affect our application? She only knows English with IELTS overall 6.

Thanks
Old Apr 14th 2011, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

Her not knowing french could effect your application. Normally they would expect at least a basic level of french but they may make an exception. I would ecourage you to get her to start learning as you cannot depend on them making an exception..

If when you send your covering letter you can state that your wife has started learning french it will show that she is motivated. If you can afford it, send her to an intensive french course to kick start her learning.

I can't stress enough the importance of contacting them as soon as possible. Write a detailed covering lettier explaining the situation and send in the required forms and fees.