Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

MArch AOR's who haev had medicals sign in please??

MArch AOR's who haev had medicals sign in please??

Old Oct 7th 2005, 2:04 am
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default MArch AOR's who haev had medicals sign in please??

All the merry band of March AOR's that have had medicals, have any of you had passport requests yet?? or requests for more info
Quite sad ( and good) to see less posts from you all. This is a sign that we all have taken a huge sigh of relief, and do not have the need to check forum to see who has had medical requests every day. Now I find myself looking to see who has said GOT passport requests??

We have just sold our house within 4 weeks of going on market, and have gone into overdrive re planing the move. DO we go before passport requests if they dont come by completion ( as we will be homeless here, and have home waiting in Canada) or wait until they come, but where do we stay?? I sold my parent house within 4 days and there house completion is going to be same time as ours roughly and they too have not got anywhere to go as they did not expect to sell that quick. They have two people waiting in reserve if for any reason house falls through as well!

Anyway, now trying to see how long people are roughly waiting for passport requests so we cansee if ther may be a chance of getting them before we complete?? Can book flights until we have completion date, adn if request come before we fly ?? we will have to send passports from Canada, and ahve then got to go over border to USA from Canada to officially land once they are returned to us!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future
Default Re: MArch AOR's who haev had medicals sign in please??

Hi Gooding
We are still waiting for the next brown envelope cant be long surley had a little scare :scared: when CHC medical department wrote to us saying some paperwork not signed off by Doctor so had to re submit a medial form this time signed by Doctor. Same as yourselves we have a House in Canada waiting for us to move in to and have been living in rented accommodation for nearly a year now. Have jumped the gun and have booked flights for 14 December one way as all the flights around Christmas seem to be getting pretty well booked up now, and we want the kids to start school in the new school year January.

Medicals, 2 September 05 Horsham
Advised by Doctor all ok 08 September meds sent to CHC
09 September Medicals received by CHC London
16 September sent e-mail to CHC on excepted turnaround
20 September received e-mail back from CHC stating normal wait for PPR from medicals at the moment is approximately one month (in BOLD CAPS do you think I pissed them off?)
23 Informed by letter by CHC September Paper work sent by Doctor not signed off phoned surgery only to find Doctor was on Holiday.
03 October paperwork signed off by Doctor and returned to CHC recorded
04 October paperwork received by CHC
Old Oct 7th 2005, 5:35 pm
AntiWinge Freedom fighter

Bleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond reputeBleech has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!
We're still here.
Had a bit of a mini mare with our medicals. The 'womans thing' thing came into play and put us back by a few weeks. How's this for timing, we had our medical 22nd Sept and 'it' started in the morning ( typical bloke, don't like to talk about it), so we've had to wait for a clear sample, which went in yesterday. So I'm not really expecting to hear anything back till at least a couple of months.
We were asked for more proof of funds, new police certs, bank statements and updated CVs as well which all took a little while to sort out.
I did go to the Emmigration Show at Sandown yesterday though and went up to the CHC stand, stood in the que looking at the stoneyfaced reps looking bored silly answering what must be the usual questions, went up to one man("Here we go" I thought), after a few stern looks from him we told him we'd just had our medcals etc and I thought he was going to hug me! Great big smile, said congratulations, gave me a cardboard Mountie asked where we were going and chatted for about 20 mins to us about waiting times now (3 years :scared: ) and he said that as soon as they receive the medical requests passport requests are usually dealt with in 2-4 weeks, and visas issued in the same time, so all being well for you guys could only be a matter of a few days!!
Old Oct 7th 2005, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Still here Gooding as you know.

Waiting on blooming Police Certs to come back after loosing two weeks 'cause' paperwork not in order.

Hopefully all items to be with CHC next week.

Medicals OK and at CHC.

Frustrating! Bummer!
Old Oct 8th 2005, 8:12 am
Mans

Mans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant futureMans has a brilliant future

he said that as soon as they receive the medical requests passport requests are usually dealt with in 2-4 weeks, and visas issued in the same time, so all being well for you guys could only be a matter of a few days!![/QUOTE]

Hi Bleech,

You just brought a smile to my face.....I hope and pray the above timelines you were given are approximately right.....the way things have gone I prepared myself to wait 3 months from medicals dates.

Good luck to you Bleach, Gooding, Mike, Sandrapaul and all those who are at a similar stage.....after the long wait it feels so near to "living the dream" ...... but just a small wait away!

Rgds
Mans
Old Oct 9th 2005, 5:58 am
Just Joined

dreamer04 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also still waiting for the next brown envelope. Our medicals were received at London on the 6th Sept (track & trace) but e-client has never changed. We were not asked for anymore info and i`m sure they forgot to put in the request for updated police certificates etc. Guess we`ll just have to wait and time will tell.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

Marcingy has a spectacular aura aboutMarcingy has a spectacular aura aboutMarcingy has a spectacular aura about

If my experience is anything to go the CHC in London don't change eclient until the Visas have been issued.

Originally Posted by dreamer04
We are also still waiting for the next brown envelope. Our medicals were received at London on the 6th Sept (track & trace) but e-client has never changed. We were not asked for anymore info and i`m sure they forgot to put in the request for updated police certificates etc. Guess we`ll just have to wait and time will tell.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

mirekj will become famous soon enoughmirekj will become famous soon enough
Post Re: MArch AOR's who haev had medicals sign in please??

Hi

I got medicals on April '05 as you see in my timeline.

MJ
Old Oct 9th 2005, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by dreamer04
i`m sure they forgot to put in the request for updated police certificates etc.
Perhaps not. We were asked I am sure as our eldest is now 18. She was only 16 when we applied. All over 18 require a Police clearance so hence my guess on why they asked us for new ones.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

gvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to allgvanleer is a name known to all

Hi there
We were March 2nd AOR and got our med requests on August 6th. Medicals done on 19th August with Passport Requests arriving just under a month later. Sent the passports off on Sept 21st and they arrived back with visas last Wednesday (5th).
We weren't asked for any more info or new Police Certificates.
Hang on in - it can't be long!!!
HTH

Graeme

Originally Posted by SANDRAPAUL
Perhaps not. We were asked I am sure as our eldest is now 18. She was only 16 when we applied. All over 18 require a Police clearance so hence my guess on why they asked us for new ones.
Old Oct 9th 2005, 10:36 pm
Forum Regular

firefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nicefirefox is just really nice

Mine was a bit different had to take a form into the chc two weeks after the medicals and they told me that the results had not been received.So the next day i wrong the DRs and she said she had sent them but she phoned back later saying that she had checked to see if the CHC had had them and they said they did.The next day CHC Rang and told me that they now have the medicals and the ppr had been put in the post this was wednesday not holding my breath as they have told me before that they sent forms out to me which i never had.

But on the thursday morning the ppr was here went stright down to london and give the passports in by hand told to pick them up in ten working days.

All we have to do now is to sell the house but after 5 weeks nothing.

Originally Posted by gvanleer
Hi there
We were March 2nd AOR and got our med requests on August 6th. Medicals done on 19th August with Passport Requests arriving just under a month later. Sent the passports off on Sept 21st and they arrived back with visas last Wednesday (5th).
We weren't asked for any more info or new Police Certificates.
Hang on in - it can't be long!!!
HTH

Graeme
Old Oct 10th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

I was convinced Passport Requests would be in the Post this Morning Butt no luck threes always tomorrow.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still no brown envelope, I think the postie is getting tired of me hijacking him every morning.
Old Oct 12th 2005, 11:41 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future

First we wait for AOR. Then medical, now passport request. How sad are we.Starting to get jittery now as house sale is going through and completion is due before we are really ready to fly! Flights are going to be going closer to Xmas, and if it was just us and not the animals things may be a bit easier.

Now the time is getting closer I look back on the past 2 years and thing where has the time gone?
Really cant believe my dream has finally come true. I miss our house in Canada and our neighbours there. We have been made so welcome there.
Xmas is going to be great now, and the best present we could have. I have work lined up, and even been asked by a guy I do freelance wok for her in Uk if I will continue once settled there. could hardly refuse! Beauty or digital photography and the internet, is the world becomes a smaller place, and I can send what he needs back by the web.
I hope you too get there soon Mike, as I am sure you cant wait to go "home" too.
Keep watching the letterbox!

QUOTE=Mike Gas]Still no brown envelope, I think the postie is getting tired of me hijacking him every morning. [/QUOTE]
Old Oct 13th 2005, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

catreya is an unknown quantity at this point

In the same boat. Am a June AOR. Looks like early 2006 ... I received an email to that effect. An year after the medicals

Originally Posted by gooding
First we wait for AOR. Then medical, now passport request. How sad are we.Starting to get jittery now as house sale is going through and completion is due before we are really ready to fly! Flights are going to be going closer to Xmas, and if it was just us and not the animals things may be a bit easier.
[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.