Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Rossman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Myziena,

My interview was long time ago and seems there are some changes to how do they handle strategic stream. They have officers for every speciality/ work/ education. The officer asked me questions about my past history of work, Why did I choose Manitoba? Where will I live ? That was the only officer whom did NOT give attention if I am single...Where did I stay at the visit ? and questions like that.

I do not remember specifically how much did I spend ? The only thing which I remember 6 months without working at the begining was the most expensive !

Just I want to mention my personal conclusion about immigration officers for visa and immigration. I think they are trained to evaluate cases and they are asking questions to know certain things and they are making their decisions on these points. I think they are prepared well to find the intentions of the applicants. For example, at the exploratory visit interview the main point will be to find out if the applicant will live in Manitoba ! And at the Visa visitor application the main point is to make sure the applicant will leave Canada at the end of the visit ! so, I think they will find these intentions of the applicant through direct questions and indirect questions which will give them the real intention and conclusion. At the end, all markers /signs/ answers should match. They know there are 1 million applicants to Canada, so that losing an applicant with good intention is not problem for them.

Just my personal view !!

cheers
EMAD
Old Jul 30th 2012, 2:28 am
Just Joined

kulknira is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my email about 2MB in size on 25th July and still did not get any response back. Also I am staying and working in Mississauga, ON on a temporary assignment (I attached letter stating that). What are the chances that I will get rejected? I really do not have any other negative point other than staying and working temporarily in Ontario.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kulknira
I sent my email about 2MB in size on 25th July and still did not get any response back. Also I am staying and working in Mississauga, ON on a temporary assignment (I attached letter stating that). What are the chances that I will get rejected? I really do not have any other negative point other than staying and working temporarily in Ontario.
Honestly if the amount of applications are plenty ( which I assume due to shutting down FSW I am afraid your chances are not that good. Working in Ontario means you have connections to the province
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Myzeina is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent my email about on 26th July and still did not get any response back.Shouldn't I get any Acknowledgment from them
Old Jul 30th 2012, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

kulknira is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Myzeina
I sent my email about on 26th July and still did not get any response back.Shouldn't I get any Acknowledgment from them
Hi Myzeina - As per some of the responses above, it seems that the wait time to even get ack. is more. I assume we are not getting auto response from what I read and they will prescreen the application before sending back the response.

I am new to the forum so seniors please correct me if I am wrong.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FROID
Dear Nordex,
I am sure that u did ur best during EV. So don't worry and trust that u will receive it v soon. U did the most difficult search which is employability. I believe that u are blaming ur self for nothing. Don't do that.
Try to think loudly. You said before that during the interview Markus wasn't comfortable, why? Is it because u didn't give much time for searching housing and areas. Maybe he understood that u have been there only for searching for a job.
I am just trying to think loudley with u. Dammy, travel,, Manitobain, lovely clouds, and all other members an share their opinions.
By the end God will choose u the best for u and your family.
From my own view I think Nordex did a good job but maybe the issue of Markus not comfortable with how you went about his visit or the current pressure on the MPNP officials is what is delaying you invitation to apply.

Pray that you get it soon.

Regards.

Last edited by Dammy; Jul 30th 2012 at 5:44 pm.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nordex
FROID, thanks and I'm hoping for the best of course

Nordex,

Sent you a PM
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Manitobain,

Everything seems slowed down at MPNP's end.

I wish you were the Premier of Manitoba by now we all would have gotten our LOA

I am always checking my mail box everyday I get back from work praying to find one bulky document from MB, Canada containing my LOA and pray it does not get too long before it arrives. Already spent 3 months now and started the fourth months journey
Old Jul 30th 2012, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dammy
Hello Manitobain,

Everything seems slowed down at MPNP's end.

I wish you were the Premier of Manitoba by now we all would have gotten our LOA

I am always checking my mail box everyday I get back from work praying to find one bulky document from MB, Canada containing my LOA and pray it does not get too long before it arrives. Already spent 3 months now and started the fourth months journey
lol ..give me the salary.. but not the headache of the Premier ..and I am in

yes, everything seems to be extremly slow at the moment, it frustrates me as much as it does you (and all the others)...just am as helpless as the rest. I have hinted as much as I can w/o getting into trouble (as of yet)...
Markus saying 3-6 month keeps all possibilities of delay open... I believe it is a 30 day timeline that invite should be issued after visit (it's now the second time I hear that he didn't issue them right away...before that it was rather custom to do it on the spot ..which does save so much hassle, incertainety and worry).

ok..better get back to those darn deadlines luring ...otherwise I really need to aim for the Premier's job
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

Daisy101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Hurricane74 and maple44,
Thanks for your response, sorry I did not respond sooner. I tried to sent a pm to you both, unfortunately it is not goin thro from my side. Just responding on behalf of my partner.

To all other members:
1)Is it difficult to get a response from employers in Manitoba?
2) I have read previously that Canadian experience is vital in one obtaining employment in Canada. How can a person achieve the above experience if we as non- canadian citizens, are not even considered or even given the slightest opportunity in the employment market. Most employers want people to have their PR to be considered for jobs.
3) I am hoping that alot of patience is needed to crack the job market.

My apologies in advance guys, just venting out.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:14 pm
Just Joined

Myzeina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rossman
Myziena,

My interview was long time ago and seems there are some changes to how do they handle strategic stream. They have officers for every speciality/ work/ education. The officer asked me questions about my past history of work, Why did I choose Manitoba? Where will I live ? That was the only officer whom did NOT give attention if I am single...Where did I stay at the visit ? and questions like that.

I do not remember specifically how much did I spend ? The only thing which I remember 6 months without working at the begining was the most expensive !

Just I want to mention my personal conclusion about immigration officers for visa and immigration. I think they are trained to evaluate cases and they are asking questions to know certain things and they are making their decisions on these points. I think they are prepared well to find the intentions of the applicants. For example, at the exploratory visit interview the main point will be to find out if the applicant will live in Manitoba ! And at the Visa visitor application the main point is to make sure the applicant will leave Canada at the end of the visit ! so, I think they will find these intentions of the applicant through direct questions and indirect questions which will give them the real intention and conclusion. At the end, all markers /signs/ answers should match. They know there are 1 million applicants to Canada, so that losing an applicant with good intention is not problem for them.

Just my personal view !!

cheers
EMAD
Thanks emad for your response .
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manitobain
lol ..give me the salary.. but not the headache of the Premier ..and I am in Every Manitoban will like to have the Premier's salary and seek someone else to take the burden off the office of them.

yes, everything seems to be extremly slow at the moment, it frustrates me as much as it does you (and all the others)...just am as helpless as the rest. I have hinted as much as I can w/o getting into trouble (as of yet)... With you around, it kind of re-assure us that we have a dependant to lean on
Markus saying 3-6 month keeps all possibilities of delay open... I believe it is a 30 day timeline that invite should be issued after visit (it's now the second time I hear that he didn't issue them right away...before that it was rather custom to do it on the spot ..which does save so much hassle, incertainety and worry).

ok..better get back to those darn deadlines luring ...otherwise I really need to aim for the Premier's job
Cheers and hope you meet your deadlines and deliverables
Old Jul 30th 2012, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Daisy101
Hello Hurricane74 and maple44,
Thanks for your response, sorry I did not respond sooner. I tried to sent a pm to you both, unfortunately it is not goin thro from my side. Just responding on behalf of my partner.

To all other members:
1)Is it difficult to get a response from employers in Manitoba?
I would suggest you short-list the prospective employers you intend to visit and when you get to Manitoba, put a call through to them and most of them would be willing to meet you.
2) I have read previously that Canadian experience is vital in one obtaining employment in Canada. How can a person achieve the above experience if we as non- canadian citizens, are not even considered or even given the slightest opportunity in the employment market. Most employers want people to have their PR to be considered for jobs.

Yeah the Canadian experience is key in some jobs and it is a big challenge to get it as a prospective immigrant. But when you land with a PR and are able to get your hands on some kind of jobs that counts towards your Canadian experience
On the PR, employer prefer you have this PR status as it saves them of the stress of applying for LMO.[/COLOR]
3) I am hoping that alot of patience is needed to crack the job market.

Absolutely. Patience is the key to this game, though sometimes you just get nervy
My apologies in advance guys, just venting out.
No need to apologies. We are all in the same shoes but at different stages of the process

Last edited by Dammy; Jul 30th 2012 at 9:26 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

College2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello to all!!!

to all who are waiting for their acknowledgement or response from MPNP...lets just all wait and pray...I hope they will respond soon.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

FROID is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dammy
From my own view I think Nordex did a good job but maybe the issue of Markus not comfortable with how you went about his visit or the current pressure on the MPNP officials is what is delaying you invitation to apply.

Pray that you get it soon.

Regards.
Dear Dammy
"Markus not comfortable with how you went about his visit" That was not my own point of view, if u get back to Nordex's post you will find it !!He said he was not confortable with his search in housing area.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.