Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Sep 28th 2011, 6:37 am
Just Joined

xyz1969 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
Hello there! Long time no posting lol! Well I am still waiting for me exploratory visit approval. I hope I will get that approved otherwise I will be lost! What about you violets are blue? How was the trip? I hope u can share with us your experience. It would make the waiting time easier!
Dear ALL:

I am wondering how to send Federal forms to the Manitoba immigration office because I did not see the upload option for the Fed forms on their on-line application site. Should I have to mail to them? Any input? Thanks!!!
Old Sep 28th 2011, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

if you apply online, you don't need to send the federal forms along. You will need them though to be sent later to federal government, once your Nomination is granted.

If you send the whole package via snail mail, you still will need to send a copy of the federal forms along.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi, we are back and got an invitation to apply!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!! We are sooo happy.
Im sorryXYZ1969 i dont know the answer to your question but for sure Manitobain will when online.
The exploratory visit was really great, good fun and very very tiring. We missed the plane from London and when we arrived in Winnipeg our luggage was lost (from Chigago) so we had no clothes or jackets until next evening and it was cold and uncomfortable. So, bit of a bad start! But it got much better, driving took a couple of days to get a handle on (driving on the right as opposed to the left) but got used to it and then it was easy...get a sat nav if going on an exploratory visit - you will need it. Winnipeg is spread out but very easy to get around - it really is. Im not sure what people want to know exactly so i will just do a quick run through We looked at houses mainly by going to open days which was great because it was very informal and easy. People are very friendly and really helpful and we got loads of information about where people think are good places to live. I had a meeting at a workplace and much of the work is similar to my own and spoke to other people about work. My daughter looked at both universities which she liked and they were very helpful with regard to information about fees and courses. Sorry to people with younger children, we were not looking for schools as i do not have young children so cant comment on what they are like. There are loads of places to eat and there is lots to see. I was nervous about the interview but the interviewers made it very easy and it seemed more like having a conversation. Our exploratory visit was really positive, I loved being in Manitoba, people were so nice, chatty and really helpful. We stayed at Bed and Breakfast (that was such good advice) the owners were a mine of information and really happy to help us. Everything takes time to do and find and it was a very busy 10 days but great and cant wait to move there now!!!!
Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

woohoo, way to go Violets are blue
Glad you liked it and things went well. Were you able to leave your application right away with them? Then the next waiting game starts, but you are now 3 steps ahead ..congrats!

Ilse
Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

Violets are blue! I am so happy for u! I hope our exploratory visit is granted soon I look forward to go there! So I understand the inter iew was the easiest part! Do they really want an employment offer right away? Or just see your efforts?
Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Thanks so much Manitobain Im so happy and my daughter is too. I had all of the information and paperwork with me but they said to upload it on line. My daughter was very upset while she was talking to them, I think it became more real and she is finding thinking about leaving her friends difficult but prepared to give it a go. So it was an emotional interview as well but they were really nice to her and very encouraging which was lovely. So, we shopped, chatted, had a long journey home and talked some more and slept, and she thinks we should go ahead (which i am really happy about as I wanted her to feel positive about it again) so we are in the middle of uploading it all, almost finished just a couple of pieces of paper to do. So we should be hitting the send button tonight or tomorrow night!!!!!! More nervous waiting then. They did explain what happens next but to be honest I cant remember it all but we are hoping to wont take too long!!! Its really exciting
Old Sep 28th 2011, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks so much NostalgiaLava, its very exciting. i would not say the interview was easy, it was just easier than i had imagined in terms of talking about what we had done and with regard to talking about my own job however it was very difficult in other ways as my daughter was upset when she was talking about leaving England as she has only lived here and thinking and talking about leaving made her very sad.
I hope that you visit is granted very soon. We talked about the efforts i had made with regard to work as I do not have a job offer. I had arranged to visit work place before leaving England and then found out about other work there as much as i could. The exploratory visit is very busy and talking to people living and working there was really important because they gave us as so much information. My fingers are really crossed for you, we thought it was a really lovely place
Old Sep 29th 2011, 11:18 am
Just Joined

Inder.chhabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Everybody,
It Is nice to know that people are sharing good knowledge here, but then i am a little upset as i dint read all this material before i wrote to Manitoba requesting an Exploratory visit under Skilled PNP....

I'm Glad that Manitobian has helped everybody over this and i would like to know if i have chances for getting through a visit as i mailed them a complete profile in a single indexed PDF file which includes all of my Personal, Academic and misc achievements with detailed transcripts,CV's and also the proofs of financial stability... i also included a two-paged letter explaing why i want to Immigrate to Manitoba and i want to explore more about Manitoba so i need to visit along with my spouse.

Do u think i did right as the PDF file went on to about 63 pages !!! ...
Please Reply

INDER Chhabra

Last edited by Inder.chhabra; Sep 29th 2011 at 11:21 am.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Hi, All ...im very excited to see any reply from them ....and today morning only i received a mail stating this ....

"We have received your e-mail request to be invited to complete an exploratory visit in Manitoba. Please note our office receives numerous requests like yours and will review them based on our availability. The information you have provided will be carefully reviewed and you will be contacted via e-mail regarding our decision to accommodate your request.If you do not hear from us within 60 days, please send a follow up e-mail directly to this e-mail address.

Permission to undertake an exploratory visit that includes an interview with the MPNP is provided at the sole discretion of the MPNP subject to our evaluation of the applicant's ability to meet the criteria above and available staff resources.""

Lets c how it goes .... Meanwhile, Manitobian...Do i need to reply to them for this mail ??? or just wait ??

Thanks

Inder Chhabra
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Hello under, I received same email 7 days after I sent my email. I did reply with a short email thanking for the reply. Manitobian have indicated that should not b a problem. I am waiting now for 30 days. I still have 30 days to go. Then, I can send another email asking about status.

Good luck, and let us see what happens.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 9:16 am
Just Joined

Well ....Thanks @ nostalgiclava for replying ... i just received the mail the very second day after writing ...probably they reply in some specified period of time in a month or week maybe...
But i havent replied to them ...a thanks or an acknowledgement.... i still am waiting for Manitobians comment on this for my case
lets c wht the expert says

What do you say is the success rate likely to be ?? and do u think my application as i mentioned above is legible ??

I am a Masters In business administration with more than 4 years of total experience in a stock broking firm ( 1 year ) and then i am currently working in a steel plant as a sales and marketing manager since last 3 years ...

i previously did Batchelors of Technology (Btech) in Electronics and Communications ....

Same goes with my wife....she has done MBA and is working as a full time trainer in a business/commerce institute since last 3 years ...

Cheers !!
Old Sep 30th 2011, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Well I am not in a position to say about the rate of success. I am like you .... Waiting. Let us hope for the best.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Inder.chhabra,
no, a response is not needed nor would it be usefull.

bet you beat the record with 63 pages..but general rule is rather too much info than not enough.

Have you looked at where you would be able to find employment if invited for a visit? I mean, have you checked the jobbank or similar job posting websites for availabilities of jobs in your sector ? This is what will make it or break it, if everything else is supplied, you will need to show them that you are employable ...while visiting.

For now you can sit back and wait . Nothing more to do, and given your education probably chances are good for an interview.

cheers
Ilse
Old Oct 1st 2011, 7:33 am
Just Joined

Thanks a Lot Manitobian for your reply....

What bothered me was that i attached a single big file and was not sure if they would download that bit... it was about 4 Mb ... i thought it would be better to put it in one single file so that they see it all ....bt then i got a reply that they will review... Fingers crossed...

and yeah ...i certainly looked for job postings in various sites...and figured out lots of jobs in Sales & marketing ...and/or Managerial positions and i dig out more and more everyday....but i did not mention this is my email i just told them that i have put in fair amount of research about various opportunities...maybe i can save this for my interview...

But yaah.....60 days wait is a long one ...for me as well as for Nostagialava ...

Cheers !!
Old Oct 1st 2011, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

It is! You will check your email day and night!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.