Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

i did get a feedback on my email for exploratory visit. they mentioned they have numerous applications and they will review mine. they will send a feedback once they finish. they also noted that if i did not receive a feedback within 60 days, i should send a followup email on the email they have just sent

it feels good they actually read the email and keep you updated...

hope this helps anyone out there

question, is should i send a thank you email back? or just wait? don't want to be rude and don't want to add up to their email list for nothing important:S
Old Sep 8th 2011, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

just do.. a one liner saying thx and can't wait to hear from you again

what they want to hear? your personal reasons why you chose MB over all the other provinces ..so that they can determine if your interest is genuine or if you move on shortly after having PR...because you know.. there are a few of such ppl out there, that only try to use the system and might screw it up for the rest.
Old Sep 8th 2011, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

NostalgiaLava, glad to hear you had a response I hope they dont take too long reviewing it and that you hear from them again soon
Old Sep 9th 2011, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

I sure hope so too
Old Sep 10th 2011, 2:32 am
Just Joined

mnp305 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
"1. For the exploratory visit, what are the immigration officers looking for at the interview meeting normally scheduled at the end of trip? How many would-be employers we talk to? How about the community, schools, transportation, shopping malls, Italian food and American pizza? Parks, museums we visit? So on and so forth?"

All of the above (exclude the italian and american food ). would-be employers are very important, community info as well. This all to show that you are well informed (and know what you are walking in to) and that you will find easy employment once here.
The one question that will for sure come up is: Why (on earth) did you want to move to Manitoba? You need to convince them why it is you want to come and why you will stay. Saying that un-employment is low isn't really cutting it for example.. as it is low in SK as well. Saying that you like the canadian lifestyle isn't either, as hence, thats all over Canada...if you get my drift .

"2. You mentioned earlier it is better to present application forms to them at the time of interview along with other support documents. Do you think it is too early to do this? I think we need to convince them we are employable and adaptable, and get nominated first, then we submit the forms and documents after nominated. I may be wrong and hope get your help on this. Thanks"

You misunderstood something there, you need to hand in all application forms (read on strategic stream checklist) in order to get nominated! At the interview (if positive) you will get a letter of invitation to apply to the nominee program...not the nomination! If you get this letter, it means you have convinced them to be a right candidate for application...if you can hand at that moment all application forms in, you are one step ahead of the game (speeding up the process). Often enough they ask at the interview if you have filled forms out and they take a look at them if you did.
hope that helps
Ilse
1) Is it the common practice that the officers will hand out the invitation letter to the applicants at the end of interview, if the interview goes very well? If no letter at the end of interview, a bad signal?
2) What forms they want to look at the end of interview? Could you please give the names of forms and the website link?
3) Normally how long the interview will take? How many officers will show up?
4) It is a good idea to make a powerpoint, either give the hard copy to them, or give them a presentation about: who you are, why here, what you bring to the MB, and you can contribute to MB, and how to emerge to the new territory,...
5) what is the appropriate dressing code? Business suit/tie?
6) What "WHV" stands for in your previous response dated on Sep 3rd?

Thanks!
Old Sep 10th 2011, 3:35 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mnp305
1) Is it the common practice that the officers will hand out the invitation letter to the applicants at the end of interview, if the interview goes very well? If no letter at the end of interview, a bad signal?
2) What forms they want to look at the end of interview? Could you please give the names of forms and the website link?
3) Normally how long the interview will take? How many officers will show up?
4) It is a good idea to make a powerpoint, either give the hard copy to them, or give them a presentation about: who you are, why here, what you bring to the MB, and you can contribute to MB, and how to emerge to the new territory,...
5) what is the appropriate dressing code? Business suit/tie?
6) What "WHV" stands for in your previous response dated on Sep 3rd?

Thanks!
Can't answer all but having been down this road at the end of the interview you will be informed wether or not Manitoba invite you to apply.
Our interview took about 45 minutes. Don't worry about a powerpoint presentation, just chat. The immigration officer is more interested in getting to know who you are and what you are looking for or expect from life in Manitoba. Provide evidence of what you have done during your visit, business cards of realtors, job contacts, give details of schools visited etc, even show them photos of areas you have visited.
Wear what you are comfy in. I wore casual/ smart. Don't view it as a job interview, it was more of a relaxed meeting.
Any more info required then let me know.
Good luck.
Old Sep 10th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

nods and agrees to what GC says

1) you will know at the end of the interview if invited or not. If yes, you can leave the application forms with them..if everything is complete. Or, you will get a letter (think the actual letter is mailed out to you) and can apply from home within a time period (now online as well).
2) www.immigratemanitoba.com locate the application kit on the website. Within the application kit look for the strategic stream section. The checklist for that stream is by what you go by, all forms are within the kit (although, note: you have to go to www.cic.gc.ca to fill in and print out directly from there the new PR application form and background form...those forms in application kit are at the moment not up to date)
3) everything from 45 min to 2 hrs goes...only one officer as far as I know.
4) nope, they want to know what you have done during the visit and want to get to know you ..they real you, not a presentation...and they have NO time to look presentations up later
5) I told everyone take it easy..casual. Depends a bit on your profession though I'd say. If you are in a "suit and tie" profession.. do wear your work clothes?
6) WHV = Working Holiday Visa

cheers
Ilse
Old Sep 12th 2011, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

The forms and information below is really good, I have done these over the past few days and once you get your head around the forms they are quite straightforward. Lots of drop down boxes to choose from for questions. I would advise anyone to gather their information and have it all ready before doing the form. I had to track down addresses (wasnt too difficult) and months and years (much more difficult) as they want addresses from when you were 18years of age...thats some fete . Its the same for work - 10 years - month and year. Not too difficult just very time consuming if you have to track it in a hurry!! On the positive side, I have finally arranged a meeting with one work place and tomorrow phoning another so on that one as we are going on Tuesday morning and now im very nervous. Reading about the interview below is very scary, lots of information to get across in a short time. I have managed to get most of my work certs and educational certs copied and have my daughters also, however we do not have police checks yet, do we need them with us or can they follow on? Im hoping they can follow on
Old Sep 12th 2011, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

GC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond reputeGC44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
The forms and information below is really good, I have done these over the past few days and once you get your head around the forms they are quite straightforward. Lots of drop down boxes to choose from for questions. I would advise anyone to gather their information and have it all ready before doing the form. I had to track down addresses (wasnt too difficult) and months and years (much more difficult) as they want addresses from when you were 18years of age...thats some fete . Its the same for work - 10 years - month and year. Not too difficult just very time consuming if you have to track it in a hurry!! On the positive side, I have finally arranged a meeting with one work place and tomorrow phoning another so on that one as we are going on Tuesday morning and now im very nervous. Reading about the interview below is very scary, lots of information to get across in a short time. I have managed to get most of my work certs and educational certs copied and have my daughters also, however we do not have police checks yet, do we need them with us or can they follow on? Im hoping they can follow on
Good luck and enjoy.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much, I really will enjoy myself and hope it all goes good.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 5:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

..nope, no police certificate needed at this stage. ..have a safe trip and don't forget to enjoy MB

Ilse
Old Sep 12th 2011, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Manitobian, its good to know the checks are not needed just yet. I am so looking forward to it now and we leave in about 4-5hrs to drive to the airport. I am so tired from checking that i have enough paperwork, im sure ive missed out on something but no doubt can get it off the internet if necessary . We are planning to enjoy outselves and take in as much of Manitoba as possible and still looking at going to the Riding Mountain National Park but will certainly put it on here if we are going to get there . Thank you so much for all your help in getting us this far, your advice worked every time. And thank you to everyone else also, this site is great for helping to de-mystify the process and get help and advice. I hope they will let me apply now at the interview!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the weather holds out too and that I remember to stay on the RIGHT!!
Old Sep 15th 2011, 4:15 am
Just Joined

mnp305 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all:

1. If application is submitted via on-line at https://web6.gov.mb.ca/sso/Account/LogOn (uploading documents), should we still have to fill out and submit/mail the paper form “Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Application Form, i.e., MAPP” in MPNP application kit?
2. If a company which I worked before does not exist anymore (i.g., bankruptcy), how to provide a letter from this company to demonstrate the work experience? Thanks.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 2:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mnp : if you filled the online application out and sent it, you don't need to fill out the paper version and send it via snail mail. Just make sure, you have all needed info scanned along with it.

If you can't provide the reference, write an affidavit stating why you can't provide it , and as long as you have some references...it should be ok.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

Hello there! Long time no posting lol! Well I am still waiting for me exploratory visit approval. I hope I will get that approved otherwise I will be lost! What about you violets are blue? How was the trip? I hope u can share with us your experience. It would make the waiting time easier!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.