Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
@dammy..... Wow. Good work in the day. Your experiences took us down our memory lane (can't believe it's almost 2 months up for us). We did visit Tourism Manitoba. It was just next to Ranstad, and couple books away from The D Office

People in Manitoba are so warm, so friendly, and so much more talkative ha ha ha. While u'r at Bright Oakes, do visit 7-11 that's on the cross road (even the 2 girls on counter there, they r from Phillipines, had started to recognise us) & take an evening walk along road on river road - lovely peaceful walk. If u'r feeling hungry, or need a quick bite near to Bright Oakes - try Panago pizza. Nice cheese they had. Or any where in city - try Santa Lucia.

We miss it all

How r u liking your stay? I hope they shared good things about us if u'r lucky you might see deer in their lovely long backyard. Is the backyard green now, or still covered in snow? Francis can also give you a lot of info about stay in Canada, & housing etc.

Wish we can b back there again....soon.

And hey while you'd planning to visit Forks, do try out the real Maple syrup, made in ON or QUebec. The maple leaf shaped bottles from Forks serve as good momentos as well.

Hope you have lot of fun there. Cheers. And keep writing.

@Lovely_Clouds: You have said it all, manitoba is a beautiful place and people who love the city are willing to talk, talk, talk and talk about the province including Francis and Anya of Bright Oaks. They have been very supportive and just got me some documents for the open house this evening which I will look at before going to bed.

On the maple syrup I did taste it yesterday on pan-cakes and was really nice. I have been spending the better part of my time in downtown so i do eat at the shopping mall opposite MTS Centre. Occasionally I do hang out at the Mcdonalds not far from the CICB branch on St. Mary Road (where I do catch a bus to downtown).

Got to go to bed now (it is 9.04pm) so I can hit the road for other commitments tomorrow.

Cheers.

Dammy
Old Apr 6th 2012, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@mtbiker: yes, resume of wife should be in there... rather leave out other documents (you will show them anyway when visiting), they won't look at much else than cover letter and resume...concentrate your efforts there. If they then have specific questions, they will ask for more info.

@where2now: contrary to what lovely_clouds thought, I don't have any info on Carman...never have been there..sorry. don't even know who does settlement there ( I live 3 hrs West of Wpg..near the SK border and just below the Riding Mountain National Park)
She is right though, trucking is in demand. Be aware though that you have to retest for the MB trucking license, and most companies aiming for some north-american experience (this will totally depend on how desperate they are looking)
Dog grooming/boarding is a growing business ...I can see potential there.

Dammy: try the food in the complex on the corner of Notre Dame Ave/Portage (same side than the PNP offices...it doesn't say anything about food, but if you access the basement, it has great food options ...we got introduced to the place from the PNP guys the other day)

cheers
Ilse
Old Apr 6th 2012, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck @milano97. Keep sharing your experiences in Manitoba. Will love to hear from you.

All the best.
@Lovely Clouds

Thanks for your wishes & your great contribution to the forum.

I will update you guys once I am in Manitoba ( After 2 weeks)

Later
A
Old Apr 6th 2012, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Happy Easter to all...........Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2012, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Happy Easter!
Old Apr 7th 2012, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Happy Easter to all. Just a quick update from my side.

I finally received a response today (applied on 6th Jan). They have requested me to appear for an IELTS test and submit the result. They will then "provide" me with a decision on my application.

The next available date for an IELTS test is 21st April and I am going to register for it on Monday. I had thought that an IELTS test was option otherwise I would have completed that before applying.

What about folks on the the forum that have received an invite? Did you submit an IELTS score at the time of applying or is it just me ?

Last edited by travel; Apr 7th 2012 at 3:05 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by travel
Happy Easter to all. Just a quick update from my side.

I finally received a response today (applied on 6th Jan). They have requested me to appear for an IELTS test and submit the result. They will then "provide" me with a decision on my application.

The next available date for an IELTS test is 21st Jan and I am going to register for it on Monday. I had thought the an IELTS test was optional otherwise I would have completed that before applying.

What about folks on the the forum that have received an invite? Did you submit an IELTS score at the time of applying or is it just me ?
We did submit our score ...
Old Apr 7th 2012, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

We did submit our score ...
Thanks a lot Lovely_Clouds, I am relieved. I am writing the exam on 21st April , hopefully this would take me through

Do update us all regarding your case
Old Apr 7th 2012, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks a lot Lovely_Clouds, I am relieved. I am writing the exam on 21st April , hopefully this would take me through

Do update us all regarding your case
Hello Travel: I submitted an IELTS test result when I requested for approval for my visit.

If your academic/education programs were all taken in English you could just do a covering letter mentioning this in it along with your resume and want to believe they should be able to waive the IELTS result issue.

@Lovely_clouds: Weather is cold today and is expected to drop to the minus (around -2) later in the day in Winnipeg. Also planning for open house tomorrow.

Dammy
Old Apr 7th 2012, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. Sorry been busy with all the meetings here in wnp! Weather was great so far. Getting colder now though! The one certain thing from this visit is that winnipigers are very friendly and ready to talk!
@dammy check out the Manitoba museum in the weekend, it is great!
Old Apr 7th 2012, 9:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
Hi all. Sorry been busy with all the meetings here in wnp! Weather was great so far. Getting colder now though! The one certain thing from this visit is that winnipigers are very friendly and ready to talk!
@dammy check out the Manitoba museum in the weekend, it is great!
Thanks for the info. Will add that to the Forks visit and see how it goes.

Cheers.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Need your advise on a couple of things. I am the main applicant.

1. I have been asked to provide an IELTS test result. Should I appear for the General or Academic version of the test.

2. My wife is a dependent applicant, does she need to appear for the IELTS too.

3. At the time of applying to CIC eventually, will they ask for an IELTS result for my wife or is it fine to just give them my results.

4. Keeping in mind both the MPNP and CIC requirements, what is the minimum score I should aim at the getting in the IELTS exam.

Thanks for all your help.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 5:19 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Need your advise on a couple of things. I am the main applicant.

1. I have been asked to provide an IELTS test result. Should I appear for the General or Academic version of the test.

2. My wife is a dependent applicant, does she need to appear for the IELTS too.

3. At the time of applying to CIC eventually, will they ask for an IELTS result for my wife or is it fine to just give them my results.

4. Keeping in mind both the MPNP and CIC requirements, what is the minimum score I should aim at the getting in the IELTS exam.

Thanks for all your help.
"When all else fails, read the instructions"

1. General
2. No
3. No, just the principal applicant.
4. There is a minimum of 5 in all levels.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

ra_XOr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

"When all else fails, read the instructions"

1. General
2. No
3. No, just the principal applicant.
4. There is a minimum of 5 in all levels.
4. for Manitoba pnp 5 min is required, but for CIC, as high as you can get is needed. to get full score for language you must score more than 6.5 in all and more than 7.5 in Listen..
Old Apr 8th 2012, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

But once you are nominated cic won't question language skills anymore. So the higher cic level is for FSW .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.