Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jan 17th 2012, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by timsmum
@Dammy...do keep us posted..Do you have kids? and are you going alone..sorry to sound so nosey...I m just getting all nervous and thinking a mile a minute..And hoping for the best...so any tips and ideas will be most appreciated.
Thank youuu

Yeah. I have got two kids aged 8 and 6.

Cheers.
Old Jan 17th 2012, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by manitobain
ahh.. thank you. It's great to see the interest in Manitoba ...btw...I had the local construction guy walking in today and telling me that he is looking to hire in 2-3 months time 2 skilled carpenters (having himself immigrated, I guess he was hinting something to me)

cheers
ilse

@ Manitobain
Does the invitation to apply after interview with MPNP comes in the form or email or regular mail (through post)?
Old Jan 18th 2012, 3:08 am
Just Joined

xyz1969 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Yehaaaa !!!!!

Got our exploratory visit invitation. WOOOWWWW... after sending our first application exactly 1 month back. Felt like jumping and dancing when I read from Markus in our mailbox today early AM

Next, application for travel visa; and documents to carry during the exploratory visit.

Guys, few question for who have been on visit already:

1) It has been mentioned clearly in the invitation I recieved today - "Exploratory Visit to Manitoba, lasting seven to ten days". Is this time period usually enough for the exploratory visit? Is there a possibility that we can extent our travel itinerary for few days after the interview takes place; or should we just stick to 10 day max time-frame?

2) For the next step of MPNP, we are supposed to fill in an online application for grant of MPNP. Thus, I guess the immigration officers might have stopped accepting hard-copies of application documents. Is it still suggested to prepare a set of application, along with notorized photocopies during our visit?

3) Planning to travel around last week of Jan / first week of Feb. Any suggestions / thoughts?

@Ilse, I do have a very specific question, which you might be the best person to clarify and reply. Sent you a PM for that. Kindly review.

Cheers,
Sumegha
1)7-10 days, depending on your schedule
2)always do online application to MNP. Notarized your docs if applicable. If your doc not in English or French, need to be translated and notarized.
3) no comments.

The key for your comming visit is that you need to show you are employable, as demonstrated that hom many interviews you got with your potential employers in MB during your visit.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi, just wanted to say congratulations to everyone on getting their visits, acknowledgements and other e mails, it all sounds very exciting. Good luck
Lovely clouds, i honestly don't know anything about what should be put on your visa application paperwork however I would imagine that you will have to state the purpose of your visit and interview information. Someone with more knowledge about this will probably be along and answer your questions much better than I could .
Old Jan 19th 2012, 12:59 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

wow..lots of action happening here and I think I missed out only 2 days not being online Really looks like as if PNP is just going at it and handing those invitations out. Great for you guys! ...and of course for MB to get so many great new ppl in .

ok, will try to scroll down to catch all questions asked.

1. 7 days is minimum, 10 days is liked better...but really you can stay half a year and explore .

2. 30 days (and most of the rest of the letter) is a standard letter. Most invitations are directly given at the end of the interview...as you need to attach the letter when applying online. Think 30 days is more a prevention measure in case they get so busy they can't do it right away. Seeing that they send out nominations via snail mail, they might do that with invations to apply as well...not sure (all ppl I know got it directly at interview)

3. Recommendation is to fill application now out online, is has been proven so far to be faster (2 month vs 4 month). Makes sense because no officer needs to give data into the computer anymore. Only stream where you still have to do it via hard copy is the General Stream, which is non-priority stream, so by far the slowest. If you have questions/doubts if your education/experience/reference documents are sufficient, take them along to the interview and ask, the officers want to help you ...part of why they do this.
4. for online PNP application you do not need to notarize your documents..just scan the original in and upload. MIND YOU, you will need it for the PR application for some documents, so double check at the same time the PNP PR application available at cic.gc.ca..if you have to do it anyway, might as well get over with it.

5. for online PNP application you don't need to fill out already a PR application (once again, you need later, so it is good to make yourself familiar with it, as they ask a few particular questions, where you might have to do more research)

6. for online PNP application you only need to have proof of 5 years experience/references from employers for both if a couple....yet for the PR application the MAIN applicant needs 10 years proof (I find that very confusing)...so again, while you are at it, get all you need together.

7. if you need TRV, it might not go that fast...as to visiting end of January? Depends on country and speed they issue such visas. Otherwise: Dress warm!! at the moment with have -30 C during day, nights go even further down (this will not keep on for long.. by the weekend it suppose to be at a lovely -15 C or so

8. TRV: connections in MB. Do ask your MPNP officer directly if it is ok, if you name him/her as contact (Marcus/Sarah do seem to do the majority at the moment, I know Sarah has agreed in one case...but better to ask them). They can't legally write you a support letter, but they suggest to add to your application your email conversation with them and as I said, probably they are ok with giving their name/email address and phone number as contact. relationship I would put in my case officer at MPNP or similiar.

9. TRV: make sure you are very thourough with info they want. I had just someone getting refused the first time around. We are trying now again and hoping it was a bad day of the officer and/or the not understanding of the exploratory visit. One PNP officer suggested to add to the application the few explaining pages of EV on the website and off course the link to the website. Not all Embassies are familiar with the different MPNP streams. Strong emphasism is also on showing that you will return to your country after the visit and the sufficient funds for travelling.

10. TRV: if you can, have invitation letters from either community connections you were already able to make or employers that invite you for an interview or are at least interested meeting you while here.

11. EV: this is your chance to learn about the Province, if you don't know yet, where you want to go, try and visit a variety of towns/cities that strike you as right size (or strike you otherwise as good place to be). Most towns/cities have websites. If they don't, chances are, they are not very familiar with immigration either (lol..this is my personal conclusion). Visit schools, daycares, recreation facility...depending your life circumstances and what is important for you (best to make contact with either EDO, municipal office or sometimes Recreation Office is a great source of info as well) ..lol..well so are people you meet on the street or coffee shops are famous for great conversations in smaller towns.
If you want to learn something about ppl and area, I am suggesting try to stay in B&B (Winnipeg doesn't have too much choice in that matter, most smaller areas do). The owners are usually great embassadors of their region.

whewww.. should I have forgotten to answer someone...please let me know, it was not on purpose..I swear

cheers Ilse
Old Jan 19th 2012, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by manitobain
wow..lots of action happening here and I think I missed out only 2 days not being online Really looks like as if PNP is just going at it and handing those invitations out. Great for you guys! ...and of course for MB to get so many great new ppl in .

ok, will try to scroll down to catch all questions asked.

1. 7 days is minimum, 10 days is liked better...but really you can stay half a year and explore .

2. 30 days (and most of the rest of the letter) is a standard letter. Most invitations are directly given at the end of the interview...as you need to attach the letter when applying online. Think 30 days is more a prevention measure in case they get so busy they can't do it right away. Seeing that they send out nominations via snail mail, they might do that with invations to apply as well...not sure (all ppl I know got it directly at interview)

3. Recommendation is to fill application now out online, is has been proven so far to be faster (2 month vs 4 month). Makes sense because no officer needs to give data into the computer anymore. Only stream where you still have to do it via hard copy is the General Stream, which is non-priority stream, so by far the slowest. If you have questions/doubts if your education/experience/reference documents are sufficient, take them along to the interview and ask, the officers want to help you ...part of why they do this.
4. for online PNP application you do not need to notarize your documents..just scan the original in and upload. MIND YOU, you will need it for the PR application for some documents, so double check at the same time the PNP PR application available at cic.gc.ca..if you have to do it anyway, might as well get over with it.

5. for online PNP application you don't need to fill out already a PR application (once again, you need later, so it is good to make yourself familiar with it, as they ask a few particular questions, where you might have to do more research)

6. for online PNP application you only need to have proof of 5 years experience/references from employers for both if a couple....yet for the PR application the MAIN applicant needs 10 years proof (I find that very confusing)...so again, while you are at it, get all you need together.

7. if you need TRV, it might not go that fast...as to visiting end of January? Depends on country and speed they issue such visas. Otherwise: Dress warm!! at the moment with have -30 C during day, nights go even further down (this will not keep on for long.. by the weekend it suppose to be at a lovely -15 C or so

8. TRV: connections in MB. Do ask your MPNP officer directly if it is ok, if you name him/her as contact (Marcus/Sarah do seem to do the majority at the moment, I know Sarah has agreed in one case...but better to ask them). They can't legally write you a support letter, but they suggest to add to your application your email conversation with them and as I said, probably they are ok with giving their name/email address and phone number as contact. relationship I would put in my case officer at MPNP or similiar.

9. TRV: make sure you are very thourough with info they want. I had just someone getting refused the first time around. We are trying now again and hoping it was a bad day of the officer and/or the not understanding of the exploratory visit. One PNP officer suggested to add to the application the few explaining pages of EV on the website and off course the link to the website. Not all Embassies are familiar with the different MPNP streams. Strong emphasism is also on showing that you will return to your country after the visit and the sufficient funds for travelling.

10. TRV: if you can, have invitation letters from either community connections you were already able to make or employers that invite you for an interview or are at least interested meeting you while here.

11. EV: this is your chance to learn about the Province, if you don't know yet, where you want to go, try and visit a variety of towns/cities that strike you as right size (or strike you otherwise as good place to be). Most towns/cities have websites. If they don't, chances are, they are not very familiar with immigration either (lol..this is my personal conclusion). Visit schools, daycares, recreation facility...depending your life circumstances and what is important for you (best to make contact with either EDO, municipal office or sometimes Recreation Office is a great source of info as well) ..lol..well so are people you meet on the street or coffee shops are famous for great conversations in smaller towns.
If you want to learn something about ppl and area, I am suggesting try to stay in B&B (Winnipeg doesn't have too much choice in that matter, most smaller areas do). The owners are usually great embassadors of their region.

whewww.. should I have forgotten to answer someone...please let me know, it was not on purpose..I swear

cheers Ilse
Ilse...what we will do without you.....you are our shining star...
Old Jan 19th 2012, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi, just wanted to say congratulations to everyone on getting their visits, acknowledgements and other e mails, it all sounds very exciting. Good luck
Lovely clouds, i honestly don't know anything about what should be put on your visa application paperwork however I would imagine that you will have to state the purpose of your visit and interview information. Someone with more knowledge about this will probably be along and answer your questions much better than I could .
Blue, have you submitted your application to CIO? It took 3-4 weeks for CIO to do quality review, if passed, the charge will be exercised, which is a good news.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

timsmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Isle!!!!! and all the best everyone............
Old Jan 20th 2012, 6:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by xyz1969
Blue, have you submitted your application to CIO? It took 3-4 weeks for CIO to do quality review, if passed, the charge will be exercised, which is a good news.
per NEW CIO checklist:

1) NO work reference letter needed;
2) No diploma, No transcripts needed
3) No evaluation needed for Chinese/Hong KONG applicant's highest diploma earned in China/Hong Kong
Cheers!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

xyz: you were faster.. I just came on here to post same thing ..what a relief!!
Old Jan 21st 2012, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

Omg! We got our trv's now valid for 6month I am sooooooo happy! I was soooo afraid
Old Jan 21st 2012, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
Omg! We got our trv's now valid for 6month I am sooooooo happy! I was soooo afraid

Congrat. NostalgiaLava where are you from? and did you include in your application the various emails with MPNP officials.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Congratulations NostlagiaLava , all you have to do now is go!!!!! .
XYZ969, thank you so much for the information. I have just received my letters from managers but dont need them now, and just waiting for my police checks to arrive. I didn't understand your message yesterday because I read it after a long work day and was tired but read it again this morning and its brilliant, thank you. I had only printed the check list over a week ago - things change so quickly.
Old Jan 21st 2012, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Congratulations NostlagiaLava , all you have to do now is go!!!!! .
XYZ969, thank you so much for the information. I have just received my letters from managers but dont need them now, and just waiting for my police checks to arrive. I didn't understand your message yesterday because I read it after a long work day and was tired but read it again this morning and its brilliant, thank you. I had only printed the check list over a week ago - things change so quickly.
alerts:

New CIO checklist Schedule A only asks 10 past years, NOT since 18 years old.
ALSO, payment form is new one dated on 01-12, eventhough same as old one. Make sure use the new form.
Old Jan 22nd 2012, 6:12 am
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

A dumb question from me.

Is it necessary for all the applicants to visit for the exploratory visit or only the primary applicant is required to visit. Could not find the answer to this elsewhere and thought it is best to ask.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.