Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:58 pm
win'peger

nitin.g is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by htar
Good conclusion, Now I settled to submit the copies as per the CIC checklist, but I am still worried about the colored copies. Is it accepted? or shall they might consider it forging.
Well nothing like that happened in my case... because whenever you do color photocopy, the paper does get the white margin borders. But hey, you can even submit black and white photocopies. Thats also absolutely ok.

When we were filing our PR application, we came across many fello forum members who had submitted b/w photocopies of LOA and had got the COPR. Main thing is... do as CIC wants. And also attach that "Green" sticker from MPNP on the envelope. All the best
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:03 pm
win'peger

Originally Posted by fols
Hello Manitobain,

Thanks for your usual support on MPNP matters.I need to apply for visitor visa for my EV,have i got to get the visa first before sending my EV dates to MPNP office?A bit confused on this one.

Thank you for your response.
yes.
Give tentative dates on EV application (subject to confirmation) > Get EV confirmation > Apply TRV Visa > Get the TRV visa > Then know the schedule of the MPNP officers asking them gently on email > block the flight tickets > confirm dates with MPNP officers > book/confirm the flight > book the hotel
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:06 pm
win'peger

Originally Posted by nomadgreen
would you guys suggest telling MPNP ahead of time (before the actual EV) that I have a problem registering to my profession (registered nurse). since I was deemed ineligible to apply for nursing registration due to the fact that I do not hold a nursing licence in the country where I got my education, I just thought I should tell MPNP that before the EV since I was assessed for it. I'm pretty sure they will ask about it in the interview but I don't want to travel halfway across the world and waste my time and resources if they will deny my application anyway. I know I can explain to them my situation and will provide a back-up plan, such as registering as a practical nurse instead, but I don't know if they will accept that.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
why dont you try any alternative profession? Its not "uncommon" in canada for people to switch professions or have jobs in varied professions.
May be get your EV, and on your EV explore your employability in other possible job types by meeting potential employers.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:19 pm
Forum Regular

nomadgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nitin.g
why dont you try any alternative profession? Its not "uncommon" in canada for people to switch professions or have jobs in varied professions.
May be get your EV, and on your EV explore your employability in other possible job types by meeting potential employers.
I was given the same advice by, Atelman.

i'm actually in communication with the professional body for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and I was told that I am eligible to apply. I'm just not sure how MPNP will view this since I have an RN qualification and that's what they assessed me for. I'm just thinking, since I was assessed by MPNP as an RN, and found out I'm not eligible for RN registration, then it will greatly affect the "employability" factor set out by MPNP, which will affect the EV decision.

I'm pretty sure there is somewhat a demand, still, for LPN's and I don't really mind if it's a level below my RN profession. What I'm actually worried about is going to Manitoba, doing my EV, and MPNP will ask me about RN registration, which of course is negative, then they'll decline to give me an MPNP invitation.

I guess, in simple terms, should I inform MPNP about this dilemma now or during the EV interview?

What do you think?
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

I know it's common to work outside one's usual profession, but like I've said, if MPNP reckons that my RN-LPN dilemma is a big issue and is a negative thing, then it's a big waste of money for me going to Manitoba.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:30 pm
win'peger

I was given the same advice by, Atelman.

i'm actually in communication with the professional body for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) and I was told that I am eligible to apply. I'm just not sure how MPNP will view this since I have an RN qualification and that's what they assessed me for. I'm just thinking, since I was assessed by MPNP as an RN, and found out I'm not eligible for RN registration, then it will greatly affect the "employability" factor set out by MPNP, which will affect the EV decision.

I'm pretty sure there is somewhat a demand, still, for LPN's and I don't really mind if it's a level below my RN profession. What I'm actually worried about is going to Manitoba, doing my EV, and MPNP will ask me about RN registration, which of course is negative, then they'll decline to give me an MPNP invitation.

I guess, in simple terms, should I inform MPNP about this dilemma now or during the EV interview?

What do you think?
Well, thats what I said that you dont have to restrict your "employability" to only upto RN profession. Now is a good time to explore more opportunities rather than get stuck with fact that you cant get RN licence.
Why dont you try for care giver or something similar. As per what people say here, demand on this profession is going to increase for caregivers. And having a nursing experience may add up in caregiver field.

And every government official here in Canada will be concerned to know that you are employable, can get the job in Manitoba, will happily settle in Manitoba, pay your taxes in Manitoba, And wont be a burden on the economy.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not stuck with the fact that I can't get an RN licence, that's why I contacted the LPN regulatory body. And I'm ready to work as a health aide whilst waiting for the LPN registration.

So really, this isn't a question of whether I'll be an RN in Canada or not, employable or not. This is actually a question of whether MPNP will view this negatively. Because if they do, my EV will be pointless. Because if we look at the requirements set my MPNP, one needs to have a post-secondary degree AND can find a job in that occupation. In my case, I submitted an EV application with an RN qualification but will find a job as an LPN. I know it's both nursing, but still, it's not "the same". You know what I mean.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

hisaca is an unknown quantity at this point

Seniors,

Any professional accountant in the house. I want to know which of the institute is ideal to be visited if one is successful with the visa request - CGA or ICAM or both.

Do they do their own credential assessment or i can direct WES to send them a copy of the evaluation i did with them not too long ago.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:09 pm
Forum Regular

AVACON is on a distinguished road

I'm not stuck with the fact that I can't get an RN licence, that's why I contacted the LPN regulatory body. And I'm ready to work as a health aide whilst waiting for the LPN registration.

So really, this isn't a question of whether I'll be an RN in Canada or not, employable or not. This is actually a question of whether MPNP will view this negatively. Because if they do, my EV will be pointless. Because if we look at the requirements set my MPNP, one needs to have a post-secondary degree AND can find a job in that occupation. In my case, I submitted an EV application with an RN qualification but will find a job as an LPN. I know it's both nursing, but still, it's not "the same". You know what I mean.
Nomadgreen

If I can chip in here, it is all about presentation.

When you are doing the EV, explore positions in RN, LPN and any other associated profession.

At your MPNP interview you'll need to emphasise that you have been made to realise that you will need to take further exams to get your RN license and explain what is required and that in the meantime you will (and have explored) positons in the alternative/associated professions. You'll need to know your stuff and explain the detailed process of getting licensed and the length of time it would take. Make sure you know what drop in salary this will entail, strategy to manage this and what your long term goals are.

On the question of making MPNP aware of your situation before hand, in my honest opinion, I do not think it matters. Even if you do now and they say no problem, if you do not have a strategy and plan and can't get this through at the interview, the outcome will be the same.

Just my one CAD$ contribution!!!
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AVACON
Nomadgreen

When you are doing the EV, explore positions in RN, LPN and any other associated profession.

At your MPNP interview you'll need to emphasise that you have been made to realise that you will need to take further exams to get your RN license and explain what is required and that in the meantime you will (and have explored) positons in the alternative/associated professions. You'll need to know your stuff and explain the detailed process of getting licensed and the length of time it would take. Make sure you know what drop in salary this will entail, strategy to manage this and what your long term goals are.

On the question of making MPNP aware of your situation before hand, in my honest opinion, I do not think it matters. Even if you do now and they say no problem, if you do not have a strategy and plan and can't get this through at the interview, the outcome will be the same.

Thanks, AVACON.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:30 pm
win'peger

Originally Posted by AVACON
Nomadgreen

MPNP has to understand that during EV you have worked out your employablity and that you can get settled fast in the province. So far, you present that you are settling in related professions utilizing from expertise and experience from past.... and that you possess further more transferable skills for other professions where you are in demand. Things should be ok.

Thanks Avacon for explaining so clearly.

Yeah, and Nomadgreen, getting into a restricted or licenced profession is really tough in Canada. New Immigrants know it, ManitobaStart knows it, immigration officers know it. It might require you to do some study and give further re-certification examinations. As Avacon explained, you can present a sort-of career path on what you are planning to do to get in your stream. You can present what "transferable-skills" you possess to work in alternative professions; what alternative professions would work best for your skills; what is the scope of employment in those alternative professions; and that you meet HR/people working in those alternative professions as well as you meet the agency involved in licensing of RN, LNP & present what your path will be for working in those professions.
During the career path, you may have some cost parts, you shall also present your point in covering up for the cost & time by taking up job in other "transferable-skill" areas which you have planned.

You have got EV invite, because MPNP officers understood your experience & education and that they understand you have a chance of settling in Manitoba. RN was a route which helped you get the EV. And RN shall be the stream in your presentation. But if you emphasize more on other professions like "LNP", other professions; job demands, salary levels + your chance of quicker employment in these fields ... you may just turn the stride in your favour.

Last edited by nitin.g; Apr 25th 2013 at 5:33 pm. Reason: added last line
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

Vwera is an unknown quantity at this point

Hisaca and everyone else,
We recently submitted our application to NSPNP. My oh is the principal applicant and he's an optometrist which is a regulated profession. Should he start getting his credentials recognized and the whole process of taking their professional exams now? Bearing in mind that we don't have PR yet, would this not be an expensive venture for something one's not sure of? Do you think NSPNP might ask for those down the line?
I know we are meant to do WES? Do peeps do this without PR?
Thanks in advance
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nitin.g
Thanks Avacon for explaining so clearly.

Yeah, and Nomadgreen, getting into a restricted or licenced profession is really tough in Canada. New Immigrants know it, ManitobaStart knows it, immigration officers know it. It might require you to do some study and give further re-certification examinations. As Avacon explained, you can present a sort-of career path on what you are planning to do to get in your stream. You can present what "transferable-skills" you possess to work in alternative professions; what alternative professions would work best for your skills; what is the scope of employment in those alternative professions; and that you meet HR/people working in those alternative professions as well as you meet the agency involved in licensing of RN, LNP & present what your path will be for working in those professions.
During the career path, you may have some cost parts, you shall also present your point in covering up for the cost & time by taking up job in other "transferable-skill" areas which you have planned.

You have got EV invite, because MPNP officers understood your experience & education and that they understand you have a chance of settling in Manitoba. RN was a route which helped you get the EV. And RN shall be the stream in your presentation. But if you emphasize more on other professions like "LNP", other professions; job demands, salary levels + your chance of quicker employment in these fields ... you may just turn the stride in your favour.
Thank you, nitin.g and AVACON.

I fully understand now.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

I am very sure u will be fine even with "only" lpn qualification. Would send them an email explaining and do mention your backup plan for employability.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by manitobain
I am very sure u will be fine even with "only" lpn qualification. Would send them an email explaining and do mention your backup plan for employability.
thank you, manitobain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.