Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:06 am
Just Joined

HappiTropi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by manitobain
see the info on the language test in my other post
Thank you so much for your help, and prompt response. I'm really hoping that I am approved for an exploratory visit.. I read earlier posts about individuals who sent loads of information with their application. I just responded to the questions asked as detailed as I could. I hope I am not frowned upon for only sending my Resume'.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

barrington_w is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All,

I got a questionnaire to fill up on the Manitoba EV. Around 2011 I had applied for immigration and declared Ontario as my selected destination.

One of the questions requires declaration of any previous Permanent Resident visa applications and also requires the selected destination.

What should I answer to this question? I'm hoping declaring Ontario previously doesn't be the reason the EV would get rejected.

Please advice.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 1:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by barrington_w
Dear All,

I got a questionnaire to fill up on the Manitoba EV, around 2011 I applied for immigration and declared Ontario as my selected destination.

One of the questions ask for any previous Permanent Resident visa applications and requires the selected destination.

What should I answer to this question? I'm hoping declaring Ontario previously doesn't be the reason the EV would get rejected.

Please advice.
Im sorry but you are applying to Manitoba for an EV yet you prefer to want to live in Ontario??? They are 2 seperate Provinces. Dont be surprised that your previous application was rejected on that basis.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Dear All,

I got a questionnaire to fill up on the Manitoba EV. Around 2011 I had applied for immigration and declared Ontario as my selected destination.

One of the questions requires declaration of any previous Permanent Resident visa applications and also requires the selected destination.

Please advice.
Your chance of rejection is clearly higher than others who haven't previously named another Province as their destination...especially if it was just recently. You will have to declare this and name all the reasons why you are now thinking of Manitoba and hope it will be enough in the eyes of the officers. As this stream has gone very popular hence lot of ppl applying and I am assuming they have already a max. number in their mind, which they will allow for this (as it is very time consuming for the officers), they will chose those with the best chance of permantly stay...and having applied to another province just recently is not really creating this picture. It will depend on other factors as well though...like, how in demand is your profession.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Myzeina is an unknown quantity at this point

My congratulations to Lovely_Clouds!!! could you please share your experience with the interview and your intial visit . i tried to find any post related to it but i didn't
Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

Atelman is an unknown quantity at this point

Myzeina, look through this thread since last year for your query about Lovely_Clouds. Anyway she has done great job and we can follow.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:22 am
Just Joined

HappiTropi is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Lovely_Clouds. I hope to be following in your footsteps very soon.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:54 am
Just Joined

barrington_w is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Manitobian,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I applied for immigration in Nov 2011. Now any person looking to immigrate would always first end up on the CIC website.

There isn't a lot of advertising on the website for the Manitoba PNP. So in my case, I applied mentioning the province I am aware of.

Had I known about the Manitoba PNP program I probably would have gone ahead with this program rather than applying to the Federal stream.

Honestly I am not really stuck up with any province in particular. All I'm looking is to immigrate to any province that can offer a good quality of life.

I am yet to send over the questionnaire. Also my profession is E-Commerce payment solutions.

Any further advice would be much appreciated.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Manitobian,

Thanks for your reply. Actually I applied for immigration in Nov 2011. Now any person looking to immigrate would always first end up on the CIC website.

There isn't a lot of advertising on the website for the Manitoba PNP. So in my case, I applied mentioning the province I am aware of.

Had I known about the Manitoba PNP program I probably would have gone ahead with this program rather than applying to the Federal stream.

Honestly I am not really stuck up with any province in particular. All I'm looking is to immigrate to any province that can offer a good quality of life.

I am yet to send over the questionnaire. Also my profession is E-Commerce payment solutions.

Any further advice would be much appreciated.
Hi Barrington,

you mention it yourself:

"All I'm looking is to immigrate to any province that can offer a good quality of life. "

I am sorry to say, but that's exactly what MB is not looking for.

You will have to name very very good reasons indeed why you have changed your mind and why you want to immigrate AND why you will stay in MB.

No offense meant but:

"Had I known about the Manitoba PNP program I probably would have gone ahead with this program rather than applying to the Federal stream. "

An answer could be:
"Had you done your research about alternatives to the Federal Stream more carefully you would have found MPNP in time."

Sounds hard, but I just want to show you that this will not count as an argument or will support your position in any way, at least in my eyes.

Nevertheless, good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Congratulations Conmar , brilliant news. I hope the rest of the application goes smoothly and quickly. Good luck
Thanks a lot, violets. I do hope and pray that not too many obstacles are ahead from now on.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lovely_clouds
Hi everyone. Just a quick update.... We are now officially Canadian Permanent Resident
Whole landing process was super easy.
Right now we are just super tired from Monday & whole 22 hrs process of travel so far. & now waiting at Toronto Pearson airport for onward connecting flight to Winnipeg. Will update more later

@conmar : congratulations on your cc charge

Thanks a lot and congratulations,lovely_clouds. Finally you made it!

Have a perfect start in your new life and may your most wonderful dreams come true.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by manitobain
This is what I got back as answer: "I checked with Markus about people requesting exploratory visits and language tests. He told me that everyone making a request for an exploratory visit has to include an IELTS test with their request, unless they are native English speakers (from England, Scotland, South Africa, etc.) However, keep in mind that even native English speakers sometimes are required by CIC to do an IELTS test…and if that’s the case, it would come later on in the immigration process."

So, a MUST in lot of cases, highly recommended for the rest...
Hi, new to this thread, just spent the best part of three days reading through it all! The news regards the IELTS requirements for native English speakers is great, as I've got my EV request email drafted up but couldn't get a test date until feb 2nd and didn't want to risk the results coming in after the 30 days (assuming we get a questionnaire)... SO now i can just send the email straightaway. Anyway, just wanted to pass on my thanks to everyone contributing to this thread - its been really helpful!
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

+ 1 !

Originally Posted by Conmar
Hi Barrington,

you mention it yourself:

"All I'm looking is to immigrate to any province that can offer a good quality of life. "

I am sorry to say, but that's exactly what MB is not looking for.

You will have to name very very good reasons indeed why you have changed your mind and why you want to immigrate AND why you will stay in MB.

No offense meant but:

"Had I known about the Manitoba PNP program I probably would have gone ahead with this program rather than applying to the Federal stream. "

An answer could be:
"Had you done your research about alternatives to the Federal Stream more carefully you would have found MPNP in time."

Sounds hard, but I just want to show you that this will not count as an argument or will support your position in any way, at least in my eyes.

Nevertheless, good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

fols is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I am re applying for EV MPNP this year,i have received the questionaires and need a little bit of help here.I have contacted employers and i havent received any positive reply yet,though i have received positive replies from an Economic development officer and ethnocultural group ,just wondering,have i got to get a positive feedback from employers(prospective)before sending my anwers to questionaires back?

Some one help on this pls?Thanks
Old Jan 17th 2013, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Gustekp is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Lovey-CLOUDS,CONMAR,DAMMY and all who had reached a milestone.

Am so glad to be back on the forum and thanks to Manitobain a bunch.

Best of luck to all looking to apply.

Gustekp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.