Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Dec 21st 2011, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

jazz15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Thanks for responding, Centrino78! I just may give it a shot.
Old Dec 21st 2011, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@jazz: agree with Centrino, it will be very closely looked at but it is not automatically a no go. If you don't mind, give me a bit background? a) education/experience? b) what draws you to MB and c) have you visited MB, know ppl here...how would you make your case that you would be staying in MB and not eventually going to Que? Also, if you have good reasons..don't wait! MB is talking of even looking closer at these connections in other provinces...I don't know how and when it will happen, but usually rumors have some truth to it.

@lovely: hope they do another "wave" of permissions for expl. visits before xmas...but with only 2 working days left..not sure (it will be also a great start of the new year..if nothing else) If you can show contacts with employers, I can't see why he wouldn't give permission.

I have my last working day tomorrow..then off until the 3rd. Not planning on going anywhere.. I love where I am! Do have my own xcountry trails through the woods and even though we don't have much snow, its just enough for it. Most of the kids are coming over for xmas (daughter living in Qc won't make it..too expensive to fly)...so it will be good food and a glass (or two) of wine, what else can I ask for Merry Christmas to all !
Old Dec 21st 2011, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Manitobian, sounds like a perfect Christmas and New year break (except for your daughter not making it ). I hope you have a wonderful time and thank you so much for all of your help over the past months. Its been really very much appreciated. Merry Christmas have fun
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

lovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant futurelovely_clouds has a brilliant future

@manitobian - Sad that ur daughter cant make home from QC... other than that - seems like a perfect plan. I don't think there's a best way to celebrate other than with family. wish you -n- your family a lovely new year and merry Christmas.

i extend my wishes to all fellow members at BE forum.

Guess, we will have to wait for the new year to receive our "Santa Gift"... tick tock tick tock tick tock
lolz...
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 2:59 am
Just Joined

jazz15 is an unknown quantity at this point

@manitobain: Thanks a lot for responding! You've given me a lot to think about. I'm not worried about education/training as I think I more than qualify in that regard. I've never visited Manitoba nor do I know anyone there. I would need to make a very strong case as to why that province over all the others. Like I said, you've given me a lot to think about. Thanks!

Happy Holidays to you all!
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 6:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Ahh but u know me now if you want to you can practice on me. Sent me your arguments via pm and I play the devils advocat. Merry Chrstmas to all of you! Ilse
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi, guess what?? Santa came!!!!! , I have just got my MPNP approval letter through the post . Im so happy. Im trying to stay calm, have to send off for police checks now, did not want to do it before just in case, hopefully will only take a couple of weeks and one or two letters to get. Im looking at the application going off around the end of January to Nova Scotia!!! Yeah . Ive also applied for work in Manitoba so hopefully will get some sort of reply although that might be wishing on a far and distant star . Yipee, hope others hear soon, good luck and thank you again to everyone for helping me so far....(lots more will be needed in future of course). Happy Christmas
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 9:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woohoo Santa is the best then! Any chance u can see when it was mailed out? I know of someone else waiting desperatly .. Who got told it was send the 1st.
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

Centrino78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh what perfect timing, well done.

What a Christmas present that is.

Originally Posted by Violets are blue
Hi, guess what?? Santa came!!!!! , I have just got my MPNP approval letter through the post . Im so happy. Im trying to stay calm, have to send off for police checks now, did not want to do it before just in case, hopefully will only take a couple of weeks and one or two letters to get. Im looking at the application going off around the end of January to Nova Scotia!!! Yeah . Ive also applied for work in Manitoba so hopefully will get some sort of reply although that might be wishing on a far and distant star . Yipee, hope others hear soon, good luck and thank you again to everyone for helping me so far....(lots more will be needed in future of course). Happy Christmas
Old Dec 23rd 2011, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so very much Centrino78 and Manitobain. It really is perfect timing and the most perfect Christmas present . The letter was dated the 14th December and just got my daughters eyes (better than mine!! ) to scan the envelope and it was posted on the 15th December. Not bad going - Canada to the UK. It was in a small envelope so expected to be bad news as I was sure good news came in an A4 size envelope .
Old Dec 24th 2011, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

*grumble*.. canadian postal service or UK one..someone is not doing then what they should. Which makes me now think how long should one wait on such letter (probably need to consider xmas traffic as well, but still, if yours made it in a week), before going after it.

@Violet: you know that you can get now a WP relative easy..right? Employers might be way more willing to hire, as you can tell "uh wait, just need to pack my bag and I am over" .

Nobody has a clue at the moment, what this detour to Sydney for PR will mean timewise...a headache to a few ppl I know.

Have a good one!
Old Dec 26th 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hiya Manitobain, I hope whoever is waiting for the mail gets it soon, I think Christmas and New Year mail is very hit and miss.

I have e mailed Markus and Sarah asking about the work permit situation just before Christmas when i received the letter, because it would be good to know how that works at this stage and what if anything i need to do. I have applied for work but would love to be able to let them know that I can actually go and work on a work permit at short notice. I have to say I really dont know how this bit works, would it mean that my application changes or is it just a case that it continues and there is no need to get LMO if i get work?

Centrino78, good luck and thank you!!
Old Dec 26th 2011, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hey Violet! Once you receive your nomination you don't need a LMO anymore. You need a joboffer first but you are able to tell your potential employer that the only thing they need to do besides writing you that joboffer is to register with MB employment standard (form is called WRAPA). This is a very simple form and can be done online. Takes about a week. You send the joboffer to your PNP officer and they verify that registration with employment standard has taken place. If ok they send you a supportletter for your workpermit for this employer. With that, the joboffer , your nomination paper and your passport you will receive workpermit at port of entry. So really, you can tell your future employer (and you should it helps big time in decision making) that you can be there in about 2 weeks time as long as the register. Cheers ilse
Old Dec 27th 2011, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Wow this is brilliant to know. It almost sounds easy, guess the more difficult part is getting that job offer maybe, however, Im pretty sure it will happen at some point (might take a little while). I hope its okay, I have sent you a PM. Im hoping now that Nova Scotia will not take too long and that the application will move pretty quickly, as I am very sure everyone else does also . Thanks again, hope you are enjoying the holiday.
Old Dec 28th 2011, 2:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey Violet,
sure ok to send PM. Will try to answer as good as I can tomorrow...just back from car shopping (lol...I gave up on furniture.. all those decisions to make...boah)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.