Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Thank you so much Centrino78, will attempt to get it now, havent used pm before so bear with me. Thanks again
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Centrino78, I have pm'd you back....I hope . Thanks again for your reply.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Violet
did you apply online or handed them over the whole package when you were visiting?

I have been told online applications are 1-2 month (yours definetely should be there before xmas if so), others take up to 4 month.

I have a few now that applied online, haven't seen one yet receive nomination..but think they were all after you.

cheers
Ilse
Old Nov 28th 2011, 8:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Manitobain, thank you for your reply. I had the information with me at the interview but they said to upload it on-line so did this when we got back to England. Im not sure if no one receiving nomination is good or bad, hopefully not bad. I uploaded everything on Oct 3rd i think, Im just hoping now that there is nothing wrong with the application. I think they said that it would take about a month in the interview, but to be honest I cant be sure of that because there was lots of information to take in at the time. Im just hoping that we get a positive response now
Old Nov 29th 2011, 1:22 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

sounds as if it is the better deal, if you sent it online. lol no worries, it was good, even if nobody got nominated yet from the online applications I know off. I know of someone who just got PNP after almost 4 months ..they did leave their paperwork at the interview...so they seem to stick with what they are saying.

keep the faith
Old Nov 29th 2011, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ahhh thanks Manitobain, I guess holding my breath for so long waiting for a response is making me do head spins or something . Im glad to see people are getting PNP (even if they used paper ). I still have the faith...just spending too much time looking at the door mat (for mail) and my e mails . Hopefully it wont be much longer. Thanks again
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Inder.chhabra
Woo Hoo ....here it come ... i got my Exploratory visit ... now ...let me just decide the dates and compose a reply....

Thanks a lot Manitobian ... lots nd lots to learn from u in future too !!

Great to read about your experience and congratulations (A bit delayed though!). How is it going for you now. When are you planning to go for your exploratory visit.

Do update us, waiting eagerly for your response.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

travel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant futuretravel has a brilliant future

Hi Manitobain,

It is great to read your posts, very helpful to all of us. I too am starting my MPNP process and had a few questions. Hopefully I too can lean on you for support.

Background:

1. I will be applying under the Strategic Initiative -> Exploratory Visit process.
2. I will be the primary applicant.
3. I am married and have a 11 year old son.
4. Have approximately 16 years of experience in the I.T. industry.
5. Currently work in India for a very well known US Software company at senior management level.

Queries:

1. Since I would be applying as the primary applicant, do I need to include details like Resume, Education etc for my spouse and my son while applying for the Exploratory Visit ?

2. I am planning to include my detailed Resume, Bank Statements for last one year, scanned copies of my entire educational record since high school, diplomas and I.T. certifications. Do I need to include anything else ?

3. I am also including scanned copies of my full employment history till date.

4. Also including miscellaneous certificates of excellence and merit that I received over the years.

5. Really need help in structuring my resume, possibly a resume with just the section heading would be great, perhaps fellow members on this thread can share the skeleton resume format they used. This would be a great help.

Thanks in advance to all on this great thread.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi there travel,
let's see what I can do
Queries:
1) resume for wife should be included in your initial asking for permission for exploratory visit
2) resume and proof of funding is good, you don't have to submit for the initial applying for exploratory visit all the details (I guess it doesn't hurt if you sent them), you should take everything along when you do the visit (education, workexperience/letter of references, proof of funding..basically the paperwork that is asked on the checklist)
3)again, it doesn't have to be added when applying to exploratory visit..you need that later on though
4)again, not obligatory...but guess it can't hurt
5) I hope someone comes along with better knowledge than I, when it comes to setting up a proper resume (think there are already some threads on here about it)...I wouldn't be the right person to ask.

What is important in your letter to PNP when asking for visit permission is your views on why you chose MB and why you think you will be employable. Do check out the job market ahead of time as good as it gets and let them know you did research.

Because the new regulation for the later to happen PR application, and them asking for a certain format/info in the workexperience/reference letter, you are best to check the list from cic.gc.ca right away (PNP is less strict, but in the end you need all for the federal PR application anyway) and go by their standards.

hope that helps
cheers
Ilse
Old Dec 7th 2011, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Travel, Im not a person who would know about the 'proper way' to structure a resume but i just did mine in logical systematic way - personal details, education, work history and so on. Im sure someone you work with might be able to help you, if not there are lots of examples on-line if you do a quick search.
Manitboain, i took a chance and e mailed to ask if there was any progress/decision made on my application and received an e mail saying that it was being assessed at the moment and i would receive a decision through the post. Was really happy to get a reply but now am worried that i will have forgotten to put something into my application. Im pretty sure i should have put some more information in hummm hope it will be fine.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 12:53 am
BE Enthusiast

@ Violet: stop worrying ..you will do just fine.

I bet you will still hear from them before xmas (well..might arrive after..if it goes by snail mail..and it does, as far as I know).

cheers
Ilse
Old Dec 8th 2011, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, Im hoping before Christmas but it may be just after and either way christmas present, new year present, if its good news it will still be brilliant . Cant wait to hear now, am like a big child waiting for Santa . Will keep you posted
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

lol it must be feeling good for the PNP officers to be the Santa..what a great job they have . You are not the only one hoping for this gift ...and I heard rumors that they are trying very much to accomodate ...and yes, do keep me/us posted!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Inder.chhabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Hii everybody....
Just for the update.... i have applied for the Canada visitor Visa so as to carry out the exploratory visit ....have put all the documents in place which were mentioned in the checklist..... lets c .... if i get a one ...or else ... its over !!!
Old Dec 9th 2011, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

keeping fingers crossed for you then

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.