Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

bonola10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

@ Manitoba. I am interested in moving to Manitoba with my family. I have been looking into it for a while now and i think i have everything required to apply via the strategic stream (exploratory visit). I have a Masters degree in Finance, with enough work experience to go with it. My partner too has a Bachelors degree in Agricultural Business (also with adequate work experience). I seem to be interested in Winnipeg (as a result of lots of job offers), but i'm not rigid and will consider any other rural area if their are viable prospects there.
1) Can you advice me on how apply for this exploratory visit to Manitoba, (2)also the ideal area in Manitoba to consider (suggestions are welcomed),
3) Would it be better for me (being the principal applicant) to apply alone for the exploratory visit, or include the whole family (i.e. my partner & 2 kids), do you think it would matter? I'm only considering the full cost of the trip, since it's only going to be a visit.
Please advise.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

@ bonola10 : LOL sorry, but I couldn't help it, I had to laugh out loud, when you said you would beside Winnipeg also consider OTHER rural areas .

1. how to apply: read through all the info available on the Manitoba immigration website. Look also at the application kit which you can download, there is still additional info there.
Then sit down and write a very good informative email to immigration MB, include your resumes (both), discribe why you would fit all the criterias and why you would like to come to Manitoba, mention that you have enough funds to support yourself and so on...all you can think off to support your case why they should you grant you a visit/interview. Expect 2 months for decision. Let them know when you would be able to visit (approx. time)
2. I can't really give you any advice on that one, as it depends what you are looking for and where you find jobs (lol..other than that..hey..our area is of course the best ..j/k..sorta). If you need more the city life, stick to Winnipeg..maybe Brandon. If you like the rural areas..adventure out.
3. you apply by naming all your assets, in this case 2 working ppl with good education/experience. Only the main applicant has to be at the interview...although I do suggest to fly as a couple. So important for both to see what it is all about and explore. What if the partner just hates it, can't stand the housing offered or what not? Kids, honestly? I would leave at home, because you will be very busy investigating houses, jobs, lifestyle and whatnot...totally boring for the kids and stressfull for all of you...once they get into this nagging stage (unless of course they are totally different from mine).

hope this helps...there is some good info in this thread if you scroll back as well.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 11:14 am
Just Joined

@Jesusbaby. Can you advice me on the questions you were asked, 'cos i'm about to apply for an exploratory visit to Manitoba with my family.
I am Nigerian by the way, have a Masters in Finance (from a Scottish University) & i'm also a chartered member of CISI UK. My wife, also has a Bachelors degree in Agric Business, and i've got 2 kids.
Please advice me on how to go about it (as in preparing in the application), and have you had a response in regards to your visa application?
Old Nov 17th 2011, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

harvey.liu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manitobain
@ bonola10 : LOL sorry, but I couldn't help it, I had to laugh out loud, when you said you would beside Winnipeg also consider OTHER rural areas .

1. how to apply: read through all the info available on the Manitoba immigration website. Look also at the application kit which you can download, there is still additional info there.
Then sit down and write a very good informative email to immigration MB, include your resumes (both), discribe why you would fit all the criterias and why you would like to come to Manitoba, mention that you have enough funds to support yourself and so on...all you can think off to support your case why they should you grant you a visit/interview. Expect 2 months for decision. Let them know when you would be able to visit (approx. time)
2. I can't really give you any advice on that one, as it depends what you are looking for and where you find jobs (lol..other than that..hey..our area is of course the best ..j/k..sorta). If you need more the city life, stick to Winnipeg..maybe Brandon. If you like the rural areas..adventure out.
3. you apply by naming all your assets, in this case 2 working ppl with good education/experience. Only the main applicant has to be at the interview...although I do suggest to fly as a couple. So important for both to see what it is all about and explore. What if the partner just hates it, can't stand the housing offered or what not? Kids, honestly? I would leave at home, because you will be very busy investigating houses, jobs, lifestyle and whatnot...totally boring for the kids and stressfull for all of you...once they get into this nagging stage (unless of course they are totally different from mine).

hope this helps...there is some good info in this thread if you scroll back as well.
hi mate, I have got a rountine reply "We have received your e-mail request to be invited to complete an exploratory visit in Manitoba. Please note our office receives numerous requests like yours and will review them based on our availability. The information you have provided will be carefully reviewed and you will be contacted via e-mail regarding our decision to accommodate your request. If you do not hear from us within 60 days, please send a follow up e-mail directly to this e-mail address."

my original email title was "applying for provincial permission for an exploratory visit in Manitobaā€¸" the reply's subject has been amended by a officer "WPG 574 IMMI applying for provincial permission for an exploratory visit in Manitoba"

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE WPG 574 IMMI MEANS? it means I was the 574th applicant in this year or something else?

looking forwards to you reply :sunglasses:
Old Nov 18th 2011, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

NostalgiaLava is an unknown quantity at this point

No it oes not mean that I received the same 9 weeks ago
Old Nov 18th 2011, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

think that is probably "the code"/identification for whoever wrote that email... or at least that is my guess .

Your email gets now piled with lot of others and they pick one day within the 2 months to go through them..
As we just had recently lot of positive answers... I wonder if they still get together before xmas or if it waits until the next year.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 2:41 am
Just Joined

think that is probably "the code"/identification for whoever wrote that email... or at least that is my guess .

Your email gets now piled with lot of others and they pick one day within the 2 months to go through them..
As we just had recently lot of positive answers... I wonder if they still get together before xmas or if it waits until the next year.
On manday I sent that email out to immi office, then I received the reply on Wednesday. At the moment, I am just waiting for its further response or sth else needs to be done? Can u give me some advice? Thanks.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 2:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
No it oes not mean that I received the same 9 weeks ago
Thanks for ur reply. Waiting for 60 days. It is a long time.
Old Nov 18th 2011, 5:28 am
Just Joined

Inder.chhabra is an unknown quantity at this point

Well ... this is for everyone who just sent their mails for the Exploratory visit ...
you could easily indulge yourself in some other work ...as a reply from them would take about 2 months ... ( it took a little over one month for me...dunno how ) ... as it is a very long wait for some who are keenly waiting for some immigration action soon !!

@ Manitobian ...wht documentation/transcripts do u suggest me to carry along on my interview....and do u suggest me to carry the original ones or just the notary attested ones ??

Cheers

Inder
Old Nov 18th 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

notarized ones are just fine..as for documents to take along.

@harvey: gather all the documents you need in the meantime, start filling in the application, do have a good look at the PR application (download the forms from the cic website) and start working on them. In there you need to specify per month exact, where you have been all you life (well starting with 18) and where you have worked and what you have been doing if not working.. so that just might keep you occupied for a little while?

@inder: you got lucky..it all depends when you submitt, as they do randomly dates to select exploratory visit candidates (They told me there is no fixed day to do that..it is when everyone has time to sit together, as they do it as a group)

cheers
Ilse
Old Nov 18th 2011, 11:14 pm
Just Joined

Can anyone who applied for the exploratory visit tell me if it was only their resume/CV and reason for choosing Manitoba they submitted or did they have to submit, IELTS, notarised certificates & employer references etc. Please advice. And @ Manitobian, thanks for the reply.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

the more you bring along, the better. It is not a must if you don't plan on submitting your application directly to the officer once you receive your invitation, but ...you need to have it anyway, if you plan on applying to PNP..so might as well?

IELTS you don't need to have within the strategic stream, as your interview is your "english test".
Old Nov 19th 2011, 7:28 am
Just Joined

notarized ones are just fine..as for documents to take along.

@harvey: gather all the documents you need in the meantime, start filling in the application, do have a good look at the PR application (download the forms from the cic website) and start working on them. In there you need to specify per month exact, where you have been all you life (well starting with 18) and where you have worked and what you have been doing if not working.. so that just might keep you occupied for a little while?

@inder: you got lucky..it all depends when you submitt, as they do randomly dates to select exploratory visit candidates (They told me there is no fixed day to do that..it is when everyone has time to sit together, as they do it as a group)

cheers
Ilse
Hi mate I've gathered my documentation already, so next step is just waiting for their response.

hope i will obtain a positive reply.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Violets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant futureViolets are blue has a brilliant future

Hi, just a quick question for Centrino78/Manitobain or anyone who might know please. We had our exploratory visit late September and were invited to apply. We put our application in during the first week of October and was just wondering how long it generally takes for a reply at this stage. I thought it was about four weeks but we are past that now. Centrino78, I remember you saying you were there not long before us and just wondered how long it took for your response, was it more 8-10 weeks? Im just a bit worried now and hoping nothing goes wrong with my application and that we get approved to put forward for PR to the London office. I guess i am just a little keen to move forward like everyone else waiting.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 6:01 pm
Just Joined

Centrino78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sent you a PM Violet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.