Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Closed Thread

Old Aug 14th 2012, 2:43 pm
  #1501  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Rossburn, MB
Posts: 853
manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by MBdream View Post
Dear Manitobain, here's the link --- http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how...ment-missions/

I've sent them follow-up email and replied me that they have extremely limited resources for this brief visit, and they will continue to screen and schedule perspective attendees...so I guess, I need to wait for couple more days whether I will be invited to join or not...what I can do now is to cross my fingers and hope for positive response

on the other hand, I'm a bit concern that this mission is only for chinese nationals
thanks...trying to follow up on this (shakes her head in her mind, why would they take on more missions, if they are so scarce on resources?..political pressure?)
manitobain is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2012, 3:10 pm
  #1502  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: North Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 312
Conmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond reputeConmar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by manitobain View Post
thanks...trying to follow up on this (shakes her head in her mind, why would they take on more missions, if they are so scarce on resources?..political pressure?)
10 points presumably and/or/in addition :

The right hand doesn`t know what the left is doing.
Conmar is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2012, 4:45 pm
  #1503  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 466
Dammy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by manitobain View Post
thanks...trying to follow up on this (shakes her head in her mind, why would they take on more missions, if they are so scarce on resources?..political pressure?)
Political pressure I suppose.
Dammy is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2012, 9:46 pm
  #1504  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Rossburn, MB
Posts: 853
manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by manitobain View Post
thanks...trying to follow up on this (shakes her head in her mind, why would they take on more missions, if they are so scarce on resources?..political pressure?)
further to this, here what I have been told:

"Employers from Manitoba will travel there to recruit TFWs. We expect and hope that many of these TFWs later make MPNP applications. It is expected that 10 000 people will attend the two day job fair. There was a job fair in March 2012 by the same organizers, and they told us it was attended by 80% Irish nationals and 20% immigrants to Ireland living in Ireland. I don't know if people who do not live in Ireland could attend, but I don't see why not. For more information about the job fair, visit http://www.workingabroad.net/expo/dublin.html. "

I wasn't given any more info on the Shanghai mission, other that they will do interviews and handle them under the strategic stream, while Ireland is strictly a job fair. But because it is rather a political mission (it was added as an afterthought to a Minister meeting), I assume it will only be for citizens.

As good as it gets from my end
manitobain is offline  
Old Aug 14th 2012, 11:03 pm
  #1505  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 36
Milano97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

@All- Many thanks for your wishes. Best of luck to all. I am sure that you will here soon from Immigration department.
ciao
Milano97 is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:31 am
  #1506  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 43
forourfuture is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi Manitobain,

Do you mean this event is just for Chinese citizens/ nationality only?

Cheers,

Originally Posted by manitobain View Post
further to this, here what I have been told:

"I wasn't given any more info on the Shanghai mission, other that they will do interviews and handle them under the strategic stream, while Ireland is strictly a job fair. But because it is rather a political mission (it was added as an afterthought to a Minister meeting), I assume it will only be for citizens.

As good as it gets from my end
forourfuture is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2012, 5:32 am
  #1507  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Prague
Posts: 20
proreo is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by manitobain View Post
further to this, here what I have been told:

"Employers from Manitoba will travel there to recruit TFWs. We expect and hope that many of these TFWs later make MPNP applications. It is expected that 10 000 people will attend the two day job fair. There was a job fair in March 2012 by the same organizers, and they told us it was attended by 80% Irish nationals and 20% immigrants to Ireland living in Ireland. I don't know if people who do not live in Ireland could attend, but I don't see why not. For more information about the job fair, visit http://www.workingabroad.net/expo/dublin.html. "



As good as it gets from my end
thanks
proreo is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2012, 6:37 am
  #1508  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: MIDDLE EAST
Posts: 118
FROID is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Milano97 View Post
@All- Many thanks for your wishes. Best of luck to all. I am sure that you will here soon from Immigration department.
ciao
Hay Milano, Congratulations
Hope u the best in the next stages
FROID is offline  
Old Aug 15th 2012, 1:48 pm
  #1509  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Rossburn, MB
Posts: 853
manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by forourfuture View Post
Hi Manitobain,

Do you mean this event is just for Chinese citizens/ nationality only?

Cheers,
Yes this is my opinion but I have nothing official on that and don't think I will get. It is a political mission to china (recruitment only being a small part of it) so therefor I think it is geared to china only.
manitobain is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2012, 3:49 pm
  #1510  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Japan
Posts: 26
mtbiker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

it's sad that the 120 day review period has been expired and we havent heard anything from them.

still keeping the faith and trust in the good Lord.
mtbiker is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2012, 7:36 pm
  #1511  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Rossburn, MB
Posts: 853
manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by mtbiker View Post
it's sad that the 120 day review period has been expired and we havent heard anything from them.

still keeping the faith and trust in the good Lord.
hi mtbiker, ..if you waited your 120 days and still havent heard, email by attaching the said email ..pointing nicely out that 120 have passed!

seems lately this is what it takes.
manitobain is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2012, 8:56 pm
  #1512  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Auckland
Posts: 18
Gbhachu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Hi Manitobian,

I am wanting to move to Canada with my wife. We're both FSW, My background is in I.T, I am working as a Business Analyst here over In New Zealand, I am a British expat and she is a kiwi. I have been to the website for Manitoba on numerous occassions. It states that you can apply through the strategic program if you have a job offer is this correct? if so, what would be the best way to approach this? I have sent out numerous CV's to prospected employers throughout Manitoba and had ZERO luck so far.

2nd approach is to contact the office a week before you visit Manitoba and speak with a representative, is this also correct? sorry I am new to this and it all feels a bit confusing! Gurraj
Gbhachu is offline  
Old Aug 19th 2012, 9:10 pm
  #1513  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Auckland
Posts: 18
Gbhachu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Manitobain* sorry for spelling your name wrong
Gbhachu is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2012, 2:55 am
  #1514  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Rossburn, MB
Posts: 853
manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Gbhachu View Post
Hi Manitobian,

I am wanting to move to Canada with my wife. We're both FSW, My background is in I.T, I am working as a Business Analyst here over In New Zealand, I am a British expat and she is a kiwi. I have been to the website for Manitoba on numerous occassions. It states that you can apply through the strategic program if you have a job offer is this correct? if so, what would be the best way to approach this? I have sent out numerous CV's to prospected employers throughout Manitoba and had ZERO luck so far.

2nd approach is to contact the office a week before you visit Manitoba and speak with a representative, is this also correct? sorry I am new to this and it all feels a bit confusing! Gurraj
yes..confusing...but no, it's not that easy..see my pm to you.
manitobain is offline  
Old Aug 20th 2012, 4:35 am
  #1515  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 110
New_Start is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by manitobain View Post
yes..confusing...but no, it's not that easy..see my pm to you.
Hi manitobain, it's my 4th month since I submitted my application. I'm worried that maybe I missed some docs or some docs are not good enough for Markus to make a decision? Do you think I should email him asking what's going on? I know Conmar, Dammy and I are in the same shoes, but I just can't help thinking of the worst-case scenatio.
New_Start is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement