Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Jun 17th 2014, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

zafrulbd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by lexismorden
Hi Guys,

Can anyone advise where I can find hotels near Winnipeg Immigration? maybe walking distance if there is.

BTW, I've been following this thread since June 2013, I received my invitation letter last June thru Morden Initiative but processed my TRV just 4 months ago, IELTS also one of the reason why I got delayed in conducting my EV. Finally, I am all set for my EV..
there is lots of hotel near by immigration office
This Hotel 9 minute distance by walk
which is walking distance
Place Louis Riel Suite Hotel
190 smith St,Winnipeg
Old Jun 18th 2014, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

WannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of lightWannabeMonitobian is a glorious beacon of light

I would recommend you should, just to ensure that they have your updated documents, I think that this will avoid any delays.

Originally Posted by NostalgiaLava
We did the medical in Dubai and was submitted and shows online that Medicals are received. When we submitted the application to the cic, we paid the processing fee and the rprf at the same time and we did that online. They did not ask for rprf I am guessing coz we paid it already.
Now should I send email to my VO in Abu Dhabi to tell them about my new passport?
Old Jun 19th 2014, 9:47 am
Just Joined

lexismorden is an unknown quantity at this point

WHile conducting EV in Morden, I got Job Offer but date join will be next year, 2015. Is this letter can be a big help for my PR application? Thanks
Old Jun 19th 2014, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lexismorden
WHile conducting EV in Morden, I got Job Offer but date join will be next year, 2015. Is this letter can be a big help for my PR application? Thanks
I think its good for you because you can inter job visa after getting LOA but not direct help your PR Application in your local embassy.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

beltza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi friends,
We are flying to Canada on 21 June and POE is Toronto. We have plan to stay 3 nights in Toronto and after that we will fly for Winnipeg.
¿after landing as PR, Is there 3 months waiting period to start health coverage in Winnipeg?
Is there need to buy private health insurance for 3 months?
Thanks.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 11:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beltza
Hi friends,
We are flying to Canada on 21 June and POE is Toronto. We have plan to stay 3 nights in Toronto and after that we will fly for Winnipeg.
¿after landing as PR, Is there 3 months waiting period to start health coverage in Winnipeg?
Thanks.
I'm new to Manitoba. How do I apply for coverage?
If you are eligible (i.e., legally entitled to be in Canada and intend on living in Manitoba for at least 183 days of the year), coverage will begin on the first day of the third month after your arrival in Manitoba. For example, if you arrive on April 29, April will count as the first month, with May and June as the following two. Therefore, in this case your coverage would begin July 1.
Are You Covered? | Manitoba Health | Province of Manitoba
Old Jun 19th 2014, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

beltza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I'm new to Manitoba. How do I apply for coverage?
If you are eligible (i.e., legally entitled to be in Canada and intend on living in Manitoba for at least 183 days of the year), coverage will begin on the first day of the third month after your arrival in Manitoba. For example, if you arrive on April 29, April will count as the first month, with May and June as the following two. Therefore, in this case your coverage would begin July 1.
Are You Covered? | Manitoba Health | Province of Manitoba
Thanks for reply,
Please read the same link in the section of I am new to Canada.

I'm new to Canada. How do I apply for coverage?
If you are a new resident and would like to apply for Manitoba Health coverage, please present a photocopy of your passport and all other Citizenship and Immigration Canada documents which have been issued to you and your dependants along with a completed Manitoba Health Registration Form. Providing the document you have been issued is acceptable as outlined in The Health Services Insurance Act, you may be eligible for coverage.

Who is eligible for Manitoba Health coverage?
Returning Canadians

You are eligible for coverage the day you arrive in Manitoba when proof of your Canadian citizenship, arrival date and residence status are provided.

Permanent Resident

You are eligible for coverage on your date of arrival in Manitoba when proof of Permanent Resident Status is provided or on the date Permanent Resident Status is granted

I am confused......

Last edited by beltza; Jun 19th 2014 at 11:23 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2014, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for reply,
Please read the same link in the section of I am new to Canada.

I'm new to Canada. How do I apply for coverage?
If you are a new resident and would like to apply for Manitoba Health coverage, please present a photocopy of your passport and all other Citizenship and Immigration Canada documents which have been issued to you and your dependants along with a completed Manitoba Health Registration Form. Providing the document you have been issued is acceptable as outlined in The Health Services Insurance Act, you may be eligible for coverage.

Who is eligible for Manitoba Health coverage?
Returning Canadians

You are eligible for coverage the day you arrive in Manitoba when proof of your Canadian citizenship, arrival date and residence status are provided.

Permanent Resident

You are eligible for coverage on your date of arrival in Manitoba when proof of Permanent Resident Status is provided or on the date Permanent Resident Status is granted

I am confused......
As you will be getting PR status you will be covered straight away once you register with Manitoba Health.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

BenBuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, just after a bit of help here!

I'm filling out my MPNP Online application. I've been in Manitoba for nearly 9 months on a 2-yr TWP.

I'm filling out the 'Education History' section. I put my University degree in no problems, but i'm struggling to figure out how to do the secondary school part. Firstly, what do Canadians count as 'secondary'/'high school' education? I would class my own secondary education in the UK as year 7 - year 13. They also want me to indicate the 'Program name' that I completed.....surely there's no name, it's just secondary school?!

Any help on this confusing section would be highly appreciated! Thanks!
Old Jun 21st 2014, 3:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BenBuzz

I'm filling out my MPNP Online application. I've been in Manitoba for nearly 9 months on a 2-yr TWP.

I'm filling out the 'Education History' section. I put my University degree in no problems, but i'm struggling to figure out how to do the secondary school part. Firstly, what do Canadians count as 'secondary'/'high school' education? I would class my own secondary education in the UK as year 7 - year 13. They also want me to indicate the 'Program name' that I completed.....surely there's no name, it's just secondary school?!

Secondary school over here finishes at Grade 12.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 3:38 pm
Forum Regular

wannalivemb is an unknown quantity at this point

For me total secondary education is also 12 years in my country and I used the name of the diploma at the end of high school as the 'program name' for the online application.
Old Jun 21st 2014, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

BenBuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Secondary school over here finishes at Grade 12.
Thanks guys...so to clarify (because I don't want to get this application wrong!), secondary education here counts as Grade 1 - Grade 12?
Old Jun 21st 2014, 6:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks guys...so to clarify (because I don't want to get this application wrong!), secondary education here counts as Grade 1 - Grade 12?
Yes and in certain areas Grade 13.
Old Jun 22nd 2014, 11:41 am
Just Joined

Hi friends,
Thanks.
I think its not essential but if you do you will be safe.
Old Jun 26th 2014, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone else here is going through the London Visa office and has some idea how long it normally takes for PNP applicants.

On their website it now says it taking 29 months but I'm hoping since this covers all visa applicants that maybe PNP is abit (hopefully alot) quicker .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.