Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old May 7th 2014, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

This is what the Foreign Workers Manual says about PNP programmes and remember they differ and have 2 parts
1. Temporary Foreign Worker Provincially Selected (TFW-PS)
Under the terms of Temporary Foreign Worker Annexes that have been negotiated with certain provinces/territories, they have the authority to have the requirement for a labour market opinion waived for work permit applicants named in a written request from the province or territory. This authority is based on section 204(c) of the IRPR. Provisions respecting this authority might vary slightly from province to province and for greater certainty the wording in the appropriate annex should be referred to.
To date, Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia and Yukon Territory have such agreements in effect. They can be found at the following links:

2. Foreign Worker Nominated by a Province or Territory (PNP)
(See OP 7b for more information)
A person who has been nominated by a province or territory for permanent residence and is employed or has a job offer * from an employer based in that province may be issued a work permit without requiring an LMO.
In order for this provision to be applied, the application for the work permit must include a letter from the provincial or territorial government that confirms:
 that the foreign national has been nominated for permanent residence by the province.
 that the nominated individual is urgently required by the provincial-based employer who has
made the foreign national a job offer.
The duration of the work permit should be equivalent to the duration of the job offer.
“PNP” should be entered in the “Remarks” field to facilitate differentiating between the PNP and the TFW-PS provincial/territorial selection types.
Old May 7th 2014, 9:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
basically, everything depends from which country you come from and in which occupation you got your job offer.
Yep, what she said (well, most of it!). ^^^^

Most Brits tend to just get their TWP's at the POE when they arrive in Canada, no need to apply via a visa office. Note that applies even if they do need a medical, so really it's for anybody from a TRV exempt country.

HTH.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Boogler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey,

I think the confusion is in the bit about being able to turn up at a POE and be given a TWP.

My understanding (for Manitoba) is that the LOA can be used to take away the need for the LMO:

2. Foreign Worker Nominated by a Province or Territory (PNP)
(See OP 7b for more information)
A person who has been nominated by a province or territory for permanent residence and is employed or has a job offer * from an employer based in that province may be issued a work permit without requiring an LMO.
In order for this provision to be applied, the application for the work permit must include a letter from the provincial or territorial government that confirms:
 that the foreign national has been nominated for permanent residence by the province.
 that the nominated individual is urgently required by the provincial-based employer who has
made the foreign national a job offer.
The duration of the work permit should be equivalent to the duration of the job offer.
“PNP” should be entered in the “Remarks” field to facilitate differentiating between the PNP and the TFW-PS provincial/territorial selection types.
But even if the company who wants to hire you has registered themselves on the Employee Register you will still need to ask Manitoba Immigration to apply to your Visa Office for a TWP on your behalf. You might be able to get the process going from outside of Canada but you still need to go through the process. I'm sure this is the way it is for Manitoba.

I just wouldn't want you to turn up at the border expecting to be given a TWP and find out the expensive way.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boogler
But even if the company who wants to hire you has registered themselves on the Employee Register you will still need to ask Manitoba Immigration to apply to your Visa Office for a TWP on your behalf. You might be able to get the process going from outside of Canada but you still need to go through the process. I'm sure this is the way it is for Manitoba.

I just wouldn't want you to turn up at the border expecting to be given a TWP and find out the expensive way.
I can't see why Manitoba PNP would be any different to all the other provinces, why do you think you can't just turn up and get a TWP if you've been nominated (and are from a TRV exempt country)?

Hopefully FL will clarify, he's a CBSA officer and works in Manitoba I think? So he'll no doubt do lots of TWP's for PNP apps and will be able to clarify.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Hey,

I think it depends on whether they're under this part:

1. Temporary Foreign Worker Provincially Selected (TFW-PS)
Under the terms of Temporary Foreign Worker Annexes that have been negotiated with certain provinces/territories, they have the authority to have the requirement for a labour market opinion waived for work permit applicants named in a written request from the province or territory. This authority is based on section 204(c) of the IRPR. Provisions respecting this authority might vary slightly from province to province and for greater certainty the wording in the appropriate annex should be referred to.
To date, Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, Nova Scotia and Yukon Territory have such agreements in effect. They can be found at the following links:
From my understanding it's only these provinces were you can rock up and be given a TWP at POE. It'd be great to find out from FL if I'm wrong though.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,

I think the confusion is in the bit about being able to turn up at a POE and be given a TWP.

My understanding (for Manitoba) is that the LOA can be used to take away the need for the LMO:

Those with letters from the Manitoba PNP and are coming from countries that don't require visas can apply at the POE when in possession of that letter.
All PNP programmes under Reg 204 (c) are exempt from obtaining an LMO when work permits are issued.
Remember there are 2 parts
1. TFW-PS
2. Foreign Worker nominated by a Province

Most of the ones I deal with are the number 2 one where they have been issued letters by Manitoba PNP that has a Manitoba PNP Certificate number headlined in the letter.
Old May 7th 2014, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Those with letters from the Manitoba PNP and are coming from countries that don't require visas can apply at the POE when in possession of that letter.
All PNP programmes under Reg 204 (c) are exempt from obtaining an LMO when work permits are issued.
Remember there are 2 parts
1. TFW-PS
2. Foreign Worker nominated by a Province

Most of the ones I deal with are the number 2 one where they have been issued letters by Manitoba PNP that has a Manitoba PNP Certificate number headlined in the letter.
Hey FL,

That's great, thanks for that. I have an LOA from Manitoba and I'm from the UK does that mean that if I just have the LOA I can get an open TWP to work for any employer at the POE or does it have to be that a specific company would have to register themselves on the Employer Register then send me a job offer that I would then have to present at the POE along with the LOA to get a TWP?

Thanks very much for your help I'm certainly feeling a bit over the TWP's!
Old May 7th 2014, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

Hey La_Luna, congrats on a successful visit! Definitely start job-hunting - from the MPNP website, they prioritise applications with a job offer. Mine doesn't, and its been in processing over five months now...
Old May 8th 2014, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light

Hey FL,

That's great, thanks for that. I have an LOA from Manitoba and I'm from the UK does that mean that if I just have the LOA I can get an open TWP to work for any employer at the POE or does it have to be that a specific company would have to register themselves on the Employer Register then send me a job offer that I would then have to present at the POE along with the LOA to get a TWP?

Thanks very much for your help I'm certainly feeling a bit over the TWP's!
It has to be a certain employer. MPNP verifies if the employer is registered with WRAPA and then writes the support letter, for which you have to ask (which replaces the LMO)
Old May 8th 2014, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Hutada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
guys, congrats!!!
teh anomaly, that's great!!!!! we were on ev with a lady from philippines, we had the interview in winnipeg on the same day...

aaaaaaand...

we all got our invitation to apply

sorry guys i'm posting this just now, but the real life and job obligations back here slammed on me in full speed.
funny thing, there was no cultural shock or any time needed for me to adapt on Canada and Morden when we arrived on ev.
but it was (and still is) really hard to get used to this depressing reality back home..

also, more good news: for all of you who come from trv exempt country, the moment Manitoba nominates you, you can start looking for a job (if you didn't get job offer during the visit), because you can tell to your employers you can land right away how and why? well, you just take your nomination letter and your job offer, and show them on port of entry, and you'll get your work permit right on the border. I've checked it with the officer who interviewed us, and it's true. if you're from trv exempt country, you don't need to ask and wait your visa office for temporary work permit.
just check if you maybe need your medical exam even for twp (because some countries or some occupations requires medical).
and another important thing: your spouse gets open work permit, no matter if your job offer is skilled or unskilled. it doesn't matter!!!!

so. i hope this info helps. it surely made my day when I discovered that (croatia is visa exempt, and i'll get that job offer for sure, so i think i'll be back in my beloved Morden very soon )

i'll write you more about my time on ev, I promise, as soon as I get some more time..

thank you all, this thread was helpful indeed, and you guys are great!!
Big congrat to your success ev in Morden.
Did you get the invitation straight away after the interview? and for your case how long the interview last?
Old May 8th 2014, 8:21 am
Just Joined

sydney boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutada
Big congrat to your success ev in Morden.
Did you get the invitation straight away after the interview? and for your case how long the interview last?
hi Hutada
when u planning for visit to modern . probably within next week i will apply for trv
Old May 8th 2014, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

It has to be a certain employer. MPNP verifies if the employer is registered with WRAPA and then writes the support letter, for which you have to ask (which replaces the LMO)
Ah right,

So basically the company would need to either be already on WRAPA or you would need to ask them to sign up on the Employer Register to WRAPA. Then when you have the support letter from Manitoba you can then take that a long with your job offer letter with you to the POE and get a TWP straight away.

It was that I didn't think you could get a TWP at the POE with Manitoba (I thought it had to go through the process of the TWP application being sent by Manitoba to your Visa Office).

Thanks for clearing it up
Old May 8th 2014, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

yup, got my Invitation to apply right at the end of the interview. and, honestly, I haven't checked the clock, but I think it was around 60 minutes, maybe a bit more 'casue we started to talk about that process of getting wp on the POE, and later about crisis in Europe 'n stuff that aren't quite usual interview questions.

from my experience, the most important things you must do on your interview:
- prove you're employable and you explored your employment/payment options
- prove you really intend to live in Manitoba. I think this is the most important factor.

and now, I'm gonna upload my documents on MPNP online see you guys later, I owe you all one big post about ev experience
Old May 9th 2014, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

Hutada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sydney boy
hi Hutada
when u planning for visit to modern . probably within next week i will apply for trv
Hi Sydney Boy
I've submitted my TRV just before Ester, and done my Biometric as well, hopefully will received my TRV the end of this month
Are you from Sydney, AUS ? what nationality are u?
Old May 9th 2014, 6:03 am
Just Joined

sydney boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Originally Posted by Hutada
Hi Sydney Boy
I've submitted my TRV just before Ester, and done my Biometric as well, hopefully will received my TRV the end of this month
Are you from Sydney, AUS ? what nationality are u?
well. i live in sydney australia temporary resident . i am from nepal n where u from n how long it takes for trv did u apply in mordern ? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.