Manitoba or Saskatchewan

Old Jul 10th 2015, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Manitoba or Saskatchewan

Hi guys I have recieved my 2 year working hoilday visa ( IRISH woking haoliday visa as half irish half uk ) and as a truckdriverof many years in the uk i would like to long haul truck drive in Canada with a view to PR . With the shortage of LIMA's I can get a trucking job through my working holiday visa ( i have to pay for canadian class 1 test my self unless company pays but this is not a big issue ) .
My questions are

1 ) If i work in Manitoba or Saskatchewan which are the areas i would like to go to can i apply for PR in that provance if i worked as a long haul truck driver on my working holiday visa there after 6/8 months , and if so what proof would the immigration/provinical government need that i had actually worked as a long haul trucker for 6/8 months before i applied for PR . With this in mind would i be better selecting a large firm to work for as opposed to a "mom and pop firm " for ease of paperwork and proof of work etc .

2) Which province would you reccommend to go to as regards their pnp system for gaining PR . I have been to both provinces in the past and like both equally to live in . A rural location or small town in the boonies does not bother me, the deciding factor would be ease of pnp noimation to gain PR .

Thanks in advance guys any and all information is welcome .
Old Jul 10th 2015, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Amy1807 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Manitoba or Saskatchewan

Hi,
The application for Manitoba's PNP is done by you where as in saskatchewan you will need to rely on your employer for the application.
Have a look on the website, it's very helpful.
Skilled Workers in Manitoba | Manitoba Immigration and Economic Opportunities
Old Jul 10th 2015, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

Oh also, to apply for PNP in SK, you will need an LMIA
Old Jul 10th 2015, 11:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

As a truck driver in both of these provinces you will only be able to apply for PR status if you marry or are common law with a Canadian/PR of Canada for Manitoba.
Saskatchewan does offer a route for those under a pilot project

Long Haul Truck Driver Project Sub-Category - Economy - Government of Saskatchewan

Truck drivers are skill level C and only Saskatchewan offer a PR route for that occupation. For Manitoba you will not qualify under Express Entry for FSW, FST or Canadian Experience. All of those routes require an occupation in skill level 0, A or B.

So looking at your options Saskatchewan is the way to go.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 11:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
As a truck driver in both of these provinces you will only be able to apply for PR status if you marry or are common law with a Canadian/PR of Canada for Manitoba.
Saskatchewan does offer a route for those under a pilot project

Long Haul Truck Driver Project Sub-Category - Economy - Government of Saskatchewan

Truck drivers are skill level C and only Saskatchewan offer a PR route for that occupation. For Manitoba you will not qualify under Express Entry for FSW, FST or Canadian Experience. All of those routes require an occupation in skill level 0, A or B.

So looking at your options Saskatchewan is the way to go.
I've just mentioned this on the other thread, but the Manitoba Skilled Worker stream is what truckers are eligible under (unless they have changed something very recently FL - but I can't find any info stating that's the case). There is no requirement to be Skill Level A, O or B to apply under this PNP stream, so PR for truckers should be possible in MB.

HTH.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I've just mentioned this on the other thread, but the Manitoba Skilled Worker stream is what truckers are eligible under (unless they have changed something very recently FL - but I can't find any info stating that's the case). There is no requirement to be Skill Level A, O or B to apply under this PNP stream, so PR for truckers should be possible in MB.

HTH.
After careful reading of their newly designed site my mouse didn't reveal the Expression Of Interest bar that allows skilled workers in Manitoba to apply under this stream.
Skilled Workers in Manitoba
Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 100
Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 673

Expression of Interest | Manitoba Immigration and Economic Opportunities

I must get it out of my head that the federal definition of a skilled worker is not the same as a provincial one i.e. federal is skill level 0, A or B but provinces can use skill levels C or D.
So yes I gave out incorrect info though I do think it would be very difficult for a truck driver to get a PR nomination based on this stream due to the low number of letters issued in this category.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 1:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

So yes I gave out incorrect info though I do think it would be very difficult for a truck driver to get a PR nomination based on this stream due to the low number of letters issued in this category.
I'd say 100 is actually quite a lot, given that they'll be doing draws regularly. Iirc it was around 80 in the first draw, can't remember the 2nd number, but that's probably around 300 and it's only been running a month.

MB now has an extra 500 PNP spaces, so that will help too.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

bigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond reputebigreduk has a reputation beyond repute

sounds good everyone and thanks for the information you have provided and so quickly . These boards have helped me alot with questions i could not find or could not clarify . Do you know what type of proof of work etc i would need from my employer for the pnp , so i can make sure in advance that my employer will help me if i need any forms from him or filled out by him to prove my 6/8 months of work and full time job offer ( fingers crossed ) . ie letter from employer , bank statement showing pay , national insurance payements . or other evidence .

earlier in the post AMY1807 said you need a LIMA to get PR in sk or mb is this true or will my long haul trucking work under the working holiday visa count for my 6/8 months + full time job offer .

Thanks again in advance

Last edited by bigreduk; Jul 10th 2015 at 2:05 pm. Reason: enter another question
Old Jul 10th 2015, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

After careful reading of their newly designed site my mouse didn't reveal the Expression Of Interest bar that allows skilled workers in Manitoba to apply under this stream.
Skilled Workers in Manitoba
Number of Letters of Advice to Apply issued: 100
Ranking score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 673.
Just to point out that this was draw #3 from 15th June. Draw #2 was 20 days earlier and produced 126 letter to advice to apply and draw #1 was 20th may which produced 76.
I'm not saying your wrong, but overall that's 302 in just over 1 month. I have no idea if that's a lot or very little, but just to give a clearer picture
Old Jul 10th 2015, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bigreduk
sounds good everyone and thanks for the information you have provided and so quickly . These boards have helped me alot with questions i could not find or could not clarify . Do you know what type of proof of work etc i would need from my employer for the pnp , so i can make sure in advance that my employer will help me if i need any forms from him or filled out by him to prove my 6/8 months of work and full time job offer ( fingers crossed ) . ie letter from employer , bank statement showing pay , national insurance payements . or other evidence .

earlier in the post AMY1807 said you need a LIMA to get PR in sk or mb is this true or will my long haul trucking work under the working holiday visa count for my 6/8 months + full time job offer .

Thanks again in advance
I'm not 100% on proof of full time work but I'm guessing your contract which will have your start date and working hours and a letter from your employer.

You need an LMIA to be able to apply for SINP, even if you have your working holiday visa and have worked full time for 6 months, but you do not need an LMIA to apply for MPNP, just 6 months full time employment. Hope this clears it up.