MANITOBA PNP RECEIVED!!!

Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold
Default MANITOBA PNP RECEIVED!!!

Yes we finally got it!! I'd actually put it to the back of my mind recently - what with the housing market crashing and everything, we've no longer been in a rush and wouldn't have minded if it took a little longer, to be honest!

And I was only saying to my mum yesterday (when discussing what double pushchair to buy) "oh we'll be here at least another year yet" ... and then what should plop on my doormat this morning but a big brown envelope with "MANITOBA" stamped on the front!

I've been reading through it all and it looks rather complicated - we've already got a federal application ongoing and it says you have to submit a new one (and sort out the fees, however that works...??) and I'm not looking forward to all that form-filling again.. But what lovely news to receive on a rainy Wednesday!

It says something about having to do our police checks before we submit the application, so I've got to do them for France and Australia too unfortunately (apparently it's anywhere you've spent more than six months). Has anyone ever done them for these two countries before...?

Oh, and it says I have to get the approval letter to London by 23 April next year, which sounded great at first as it buys us more time to sell the house, but then I read that they've already sent the nomination certificate to London, so I would assume this means that they'll already be processing our application...? So can I still wait till next April to send the letter? We really don't want it to go through too quickly as we need to sell the house at a good price, so we don't really want to emigrate until 2010 now... (bloody credit crunch / house crash mucking up our plans!!).

Anyway, this is just a waffling thread about our good news - wanted to share it with you guys

Anita

PS - Have posted the good news on Facebook so I've warned Sean he may get a hysterical phone call from his mum any time now!!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 12:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MANITOBA PNP RECEIVED!!!

Originally Posted by seanyg
Yes we finally got it!! I'd actually put it to the back of my mind recently - what with the housing market crashing and everything, we've no longer been in a rush and wouldn't have minded if it took a little longer, to be honest!

And I was only saying to my mum yesterday (when discussing what double pushchair to buy) "oh we'll be here at least another year yet" ... and then what should plop on my doormat this morning but a big brown envelope with "MANITOBA" stamped on the front!

I've been reading through it all and it looks rather complicated - we've already got a federal application ongoing and it says you have to submit a new one (and sort out the fees, however that works...??) and I'm not looking forward to all that form-filling again.. But what lovely news to receive on a rainy Wednesday!

It says something about having to do our police checks before we submit the application, so I've got to do them for France and Australia too unfortunately (apparently it's anywhere you've spent more than six months). Has anyone ever done them for these two countries before...?

Oh, and it says I have to get the approval letter to London by 23 April next year, which sounded great at first as it buys us more time to sell the house, but then I read that they've already sent the nomination certificate to London, so I would assume this means that they'll already be processing our application...? So can I still wait till next April to send the letter? We really don't want it to go through too quickly as we need to sell the house at a good price, so we don't really want to emigrate until 2010 now... (bloody credit crunch / house crash mucking up our plans!!).

Anyway, this is just a waffling thread about our good news - wanted to share it with you guys

Anita

PS - Have posted the good news on Facebook so I've warned Sean he may get a hysterical phone call from his mum any time now!!
Fantastic news Anita, good luck to you and Sean and of course the little ones both of them

Don't know about the police checks abroad i know others have done them on here so sure someone will be along or you could ask specific questions in the immigration so others will see it,

Get the house on the market, its not going to get any better between now and 2010 im sorry to say xx wish it was as we are going to sell as soon as the building works finished here,

Hope all goes well with the baby and will talk soon

take care and start sorting hun xx
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Sue Well the house has been on the market since July so it could probably do with a new valuation! We're not dropping till next year though (till we're sure we've got PR). We'll see what happens next Spring, that's usually the best time for selling. Max we can afford to drop is £10k unfortunately, as we need to break even or we'll have hardly anything to emigrate with!

Baby's coming out via the sunroof next April (3rd)

When are you expecting to finish your house renovations then? Hope it's going smoothly...

Anita

P.S. How's the grandparenting going?
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

I get my Swiss police records on line in 4 languages,,takes 5mins they are so bloody eficiant in Bern

You do know that when you eventualy get here the first round of beers at the Britpeg booze up is on you
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sue Well the house has been on the market since July so it could probably do with a new valuation! We're not dropping till next year though (till we're sure we've got PR). We'll see what happens next Spring, that's usually the best time for selling. Max we can afford to drop is £10k unfortunately, as we need to break even or we'll have hardly anything to emigrate with!

Baby's coming out via the sunroof next April (3rd)

When are you expecting to finish your house renovations then? Hope it's going smoothly...

Anita

P.S. How's the grandparenting going?
Sunroof i like it thats how my little man was born decided he wanted to come out sideways Grand daughter is like a little doll just perfect awww she is such a cutie, she lifts her head now to look at you when resting on your shoulder, love her to bits grandson im sorry to say i haven't seen him since he was born although i did see some pics very early on,

The mum has fallen out with my son and won't let either of us see him its so sad, she won't return calls or emails, i have brought both of them some decorations for the Christmas trees and will send them, just hope she doesn't return them, My son has to go through the courts to get a DNA test done then he can get access, its so wrong to use children like that.

Thats good the house is on the market and like you said you don't need to rush do you so i wouldn't be too quick to lower the price,

Hoped to have finished the house beg of Dec but that isn't going to happen
Building regs now want an engineers report on the Barn and new link more delay and another grand down the tube plus a delay of 3 weeks, builders are already here doing the roof, had to fetch 2 new chimney pots from Solor park this morning, having gone all the way down there yesterday with the height measurements from the builder onlt to find the dimensions were all different so back today to get those they are being put on the newly built stack as we speak they are crown style and will look fab,

The slate roof is going on on another part of the roof which is good as its wet here, then they are replacing the fascias the house is over 200 years old and someone put UPVC on there

Just need to sort out the new log burner for the family room still need the part to connect it all up, i really miss my log fires at night,
We are going to put in another log burner in the new kitchen ( Barn ) as its going to be a kitchen/ sitting room we will probably use it most of the time,

Hope some of the building can start even without the report ? so at this point i am still hoping before Christmas really hope so would be heartbreaking to do all this and not get one Christmas in here,

well better get back to talking to the engineer see if i can bribe him with some choc Brownies haha

take care and get those forms filled in xx
Old Nov 5th 2008, 4:13 am
BE Enthusiast

(short post as my son appears to have custody of my right arm at the mo!)

Sue - things are are never simple when it comes to doing up your house, are they?! Hope you get things sorted in time for Crimbo anyway That's terrible about your grandson, his mum sounds like a piece of work... not sure if this is correct but I'm sure I read somewhere that grandparents now have custodial rights to their grandkids...? - will google it and pm you if I find anything

Gremmie - yeah am looking forward to a Britpeg booze-up! Will have 9 months of alcohol consumption to make up for!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 6:09 am
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Anita

That's great news to receive

As far as when to send, I think you can send it at anytime up until the date they have provided. My understanding is that they will hold it pending your application.

Not sure re your time frames, but if you have to get police checks from other countries this could take 6 weeks ish???, then you can send it off. London say at the moment they are taking around 6 mths to process PNP applications, you then get a year from the date of your medical to actually land, so you may not need to hold off for too long posting the application.

It looks like each province is different re how long you get to submit for PR, we are going through NS and had 90 days

Good luck and best wishes for the new baby
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Nikki Well the letter said send it by 23 April next year, but then it said that they'd already forwarded the nom. cert. to London so I'm wondering if I should email London and tell them I'm going to delay sending it for a while...

When you say London are taking approx. 6 mths, is that inc. medicals? Or do they approve your application (medicals pending) and THEN give you your 90 day letter? In which case it would be another month or so to get the meds done and sent back to London, I'm thinking?

Hmmm, may have to post these questions in a separate thread soon, they're getting quite numerous!

Cheers, Anita
Old Nov 5th 2008, 9:22 am

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Nikki Well the letter said send it by 23 April next year, but then it said that they'd already forwarded the nom. cert. to London so I'm wondering if I should email London and tell them I'm going to delay sending it for a while...

When you say London are taking approx. 6 mths, is that inc. medicals? Or do they approve your application (medicals pending) and THEN give you your 90 day letter? In which case it would be another month or so to get the meds done and sent back to London, I'm thinking?

Hmmm, may have to post these questions in a separate thread soon, they're getting quite numerous!

Cheers, Anita
Hi

According to CHC it is 6 mths approx(although it seems this could be a couple of months either way total processing time ie to getting the visas.

I think it is standard for the Provincial office to send the nomination to London when they have made their decision, my nomination letter also said this. I think you will be fine up until the date they have stipulated, I suppose you could try emailing them, but not sure it will get a response as no file is set up with London until they receive the PR application, this is my understanding, may be wrong??!
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:03 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

great news! congratulations.

that date on your nomination certificate is its "best before"-date, so to speak. the provinces (i haven't heard of one that doesn't do it that way) send the original of the nomination certificate to the visa post they expect you to apply. it isn't an application, but that piece of paper lands somewhere in a file drawer. once you submit your federal application including your copy of the certificate the immigration officer in london goes to that file drawer, looks trough the certificates and makes sure that manitoba really issued a nomination certificate to sean and anita back at the end of october 2008.

sorry can't help with the withdrawal / reapplication issue, but the 6 months processing time mentioned are usually counted from the date your application reaches them until they issue your ppr.

nikki already pointed out that there is some leeway to postpone your landing to about early to mid 2010. and iirc i mentioned the possibility to land on a holiday and then returning to the uk to tie up your loose ends in an answer to you in the pnp-timeline-thread.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys, we'll get our police checks sorted and new application prepared, and then sit on it all till next March I think. I will email / write to the CHC within the next few days though, to remind them that I already have an ongoing PR application and that I'll be submitting a new (PNP) application early next year.

Thanks for all your help guys

PS - Lof, I do remember your suggestion about landing and flying back, cheers. We'll start saving now cos I reckon the flights alone will be about £2k return!

PPS - Do toddlers fly half price? (Jake'll be 3 in 2010). What about babies under 2 - are they free?
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:22 pm

Thanks guys, we'll get our police checks sorted and new application prepared, and then sit on it all till next March I think. I will email / write to the CHC within the next few days though, to remind them that I already have an ongoing PR application and that I'll be submitting a new (PNP) application early next year.

Thanks for all your help guys

PS - Lof, I do remember your suggestion about landing and flying back, cheers. We'll start saving now cos I reckon the flights alone will be about £2k return!

PPS - Do toddlers fly half price? (Jake'll be 3 in 2010). What about babies under 2 - are they free?
Hi

Not sure when you are planning on getting the police checks, but they say that they cannot be older than 3 mths when you send them to London.

re flights, I have a toddler, and when we flew last, under the age of 2 they are free but don't have a seat, over 2 you have to buy a ticket and I think I saved about £30 on their ticket:curse:

Good luck
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi

Not sure when you are planning on getting the police checks, but they say that they cannot be older than 3 mths when you send them to London.

re flights, I have a toddler, and when we flew last, under the age of 2 they are free but don't have a seat, over 2 you have to buy a ticket and I think I saved about £30 on their ticket:curse:

Good luck
Ooh thanks for the heads up on the police checks! Who did you fly with that charged you almost full-price for the over-2-year-old? Ouch! I hope someone buys out Zoom before we emigrate so we can get there on a budget airline again
Old Nov 7th 2008, 3:49 am

Ooh thanks for the heads up on the police checks! Who did you fly with that charged you almost full-price for the over-2-year-old? Ouch! I hope someone buys out Zoom before we emigrate so we can get there on a budget airline again
It was Canadian Affair, although to be honest I think once you reach stage where you have to buy them a seat you will pay more or less the same price as an adult, unless you get the kind of deal which Zoom did, ie kids go free
Old Nov 7th 2008, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: 9 years in the canadian trucking industry... Niverville MB
Gremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond reputeGremmie has a reputation beyond repute

so you got ya papers,,then come over and play in the snow..
Attached Thumbnails MANITOBA PNP RECEIVED!!!-winter-peg-001.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.